Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Repair Costs Puts My Raiding to an End

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Repair Costs Puts My Raiding to an End
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
02.13.2013 , 04:20 AM | #21
Like if stealing few million credits off me on the gtn fees isn't enough.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Zaxem
02.13.2013 , 04:29 AM | #22
if you can't find time to knock out illium and black whole dallies every day ,just do all the dallies for 1 day a week and you got like 400k-500k. If you have to spend more than then ur doing something wrong unless it's like a progression run of NIM EC maybe even TFB HM if your guild is behind in progressions
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

jgelling
02.13.2013 , 04:31 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
It is working as intended .. in the patch notes they said its a "fix" ...lol
i hate it too... i may do not renew my sub due to this issue...

look here, you are not alone:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596970
"Working as intended" is not the same as we "intend to ensure it works" but I see you realize how ridiculous the costs get out of hand.

I don't mean to get out of line pointing this out, but while this game was based on a really bad version of WoW in say, 2009, even WoW has moved on to allow infinitely easier LFR raiding, almost free (and instant) dual spec, minimal repair costs, free buffs, etc.

SWTOR is stuck mimicking a gimped version of WoW from like 3 years ago and they don't seem able or willing to catch up, and their latest innovations are to try to ignore WoW and pretend they can do whatever they want without unfavorable comparisons?

This game is like a bad, inferior version of WoW from 2010, and every day it falls further behind.

Heezdedjim
02.13.2013 , 05:25 AM | #24
Fixing it so gear costs a level appropriate amount was fine. Now that it's clear how stupidly overboard that amount is, they need to scale the costs back across the board to something reasonable, like 1/3 to 1/5 of their current "corrected" level.

DarthFamine
02.13.2013 , 05:29 AM | #25
Repair cost needs to be restored to previous levels before people begin to unsub.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Cleet_Xia
02.13.2013 , 05:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelvir View Post
I pay the monthy fee so I can play the game my way. Part of the definition of "my way" is that I do the dailies maybe once a week for the weekly BH coms. I don't always though. I don't play the GTN cause that's not my bag.

It costs me 150k to repair my gear. I don't earn that much in a week of playing this game.

so ... sucks for me, yeah I get that - I know I'm not the only one.

Hopefully there's a fix incomming. Needing to do 2 days of dailies to pay for 1 night of raiding is ... well ... it's bs. No other way to say it.
If you do the weekly BH comm missions you earn more than 100K from those missions alone. It takes less than half an hour to do the BH dailies ~ no sympathy man ~ no sympathy.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Tatile
02.13.2013 , 05:45 AM | #27
Does anyone else kind of feel like this is Bioware saying "if you don't do it perfectly the first time, don't bother"?

islander
02.13.2013 , 07:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
I dont know how long you have been playing this game. At this point, you cannot pay me for doing more dailies. If thats your solutions to getting money, then you are welcome to the credits. I would rather stick nails in my eye.

fortunately I am active on the GTN and crafting scene so I do all right, but for someone who does not want to loose 90 minues of their life, and does not play the GTN, money is an issue.

Unless ofc you are one of those who buy the 1800CC speeder and stick it on the GTN for 1mil and do it 5 times over.

I know a lot of people who only have 1 char and just come online to raid. For them to raid and not be able to sustain their raiding without doing the mind numbing dailies is impossible.
I've been playing since day -3. Subscriber all but one or two months when I went over to D3 and GW2 for a bit.

and no, I don't buy speeders to sell on the GTN, it's a terrible RoI. I do about 1.5 million credits in dailies a week as long as I don't have an account balance of 4 million. It's really not that boring to me, esepecially as I don't do the heroic 4's (massive time sink). Everything I do is soloable (including heroic 2+s), I get to kill pubs as I see them, and queue for warzones all the while.

Honestly, if you know 'so many people who log on just to raid' I'd suggest they just don't enjoy the game, and aren't really Bioware's target audience. Seriously, I'm a member in Memories of Xendor, world second 10 stack Dreadtooth downer. We have 3 teams raiding nightmare content week in and out. Very few of these folks are just logging in for raid nights on their raid character.

Exaggerate more.

Again, I will add that they should certainly tweak it downward a little bit, but this idea that raiding alone should COST you credits is well founded. You're gaining top end gear. No MMORPG's end game raiding is profitable in 'currency'.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Minack
02.13.2013 , 07:50 AM | #29
Why is it whenever there is a change that is detrimental to fun gameplay, there is always at least one person who jumps to BW's defense? Not only do they defend terrible BW decisions, they have to attack the player base for having the gall to complain. No wonder this community is a joke.

If you think the dailies grind is in any way fun then you really need to get out more. The costs were fine before and there was no need to adjust them higher.

slafko
02.13.2013 , 08:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Minack View Post
Not only do they defend terrible BW decisions, they have to attack the player base for having the gall to complain. No wonder this community is a joke.
It's the same with every single game.