Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

T-Assassin
02.12.2013 , 01:52 PM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I respect both you guys - but I agree with Cash on this.

If they cared, where are they? Bob Hinkle just did an interview/blog and even stated they need to do better communicating. Bioware acknowledges their own pathetic communication...yet they never try to alter it.

They don't make changes based on what the people playing would like, instead they look at their metrics. You assume they're working on our class...but for over a year they've been nothing but talk when it comes to their 'big plans'. They admit that the resolve value is wrong on bubbles, but have they bothered to fix it? Nope.

Just ONCE I'd like to see something that made me believe they cared Smash...just ONCE! But they never show it...
^^^ this,

FO' REALZ!

there is absolutely no conversation addressing these concerns, whether it is Mercs in PvP or any of the other classes that are suffering.

instead, as it appears based on the datamined info, they (BW/EA) decide what they feel is best for the classes and game, and use little to no consumer feedback. just a poor business model.

there ARE good posts and info in here, proving the gross imbalances in PvP, and even PvE. they go ignored. some complaints are beyond belief and invalid, sure. but, most of the real complaints have been backed up with facts and evidence, yet NOTHING is being done to address these concerns.

piss poor.

and that is fact.

as TUX said...

i'd just like to have a discussion, a serious discussion, with someone from BW/EA. instead of, "yeah we know...we're gonna do better"... and get electronet...

to quote the famous Pandora...

"Are you still listening?"
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

DarthBloodloss
02.12.2013 , 02:29 PM | #1232
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Taking away other classes' escape abilities = they die. Think of it this way. Using the net on someone makes them just like a commando because they can't escape! And you know how easy we are to kill.
Just gave me the best idea....a cylinder that has a 10% chance to proc, and when it does it turns the target into a Commando! lol
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

af_raptura
02.12.2013 , 03:35 PM | #1233
Quote:
Just gave me the best idea....a cylinder that has a 10% chance to proc, and when it does it turns the target into a Commando! lol
Every non-commando/merc wouls cry for a nerf to that proc because it severely gimps gameplay, comparable to bubble stun.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

Macroeconomics
02.12.2013 , 04:39 PM | #1234
*** are you talking about? There is no class ability that reflects damage.
L2read right back at you. I clearly said all entities that currently are in game reflect damage reflect DoT damage.

How is a melee going to stay on the merc when he nets you from 30m away?
No indication that Electro Net will have a 30m range. And even if it did, using Electro Net the first time a melee got within 30m of you in a wz will mean you've probably wasted this new ability just 10 seconds into the match on an enemy who can simply attack other closer targets. Which means that 5 seconds later when a melee is at point blank range you've got nothing.

The focus changes are all mostly nerfs so I'm not assuming anything. Singularity going from 4 stack to 3 stacks is a 25% damage nerf right off the bat.
Your math skills are as horrible as your reading skills. Smash bonus nerf is from 100% to 66% which means . 1-166/200 = 17% damage reduction, not 25%. Moreover this will be further reduced by the new ability Heightened Power which boosts all damage done by after using Smash/Sweep.

Citinetty
02.12.2013 , 04:43 PM | #1235
no Class-chances and Balancing Fixes with 1.7 is the biggest Joke BW ever made to us. commandos are the weakest class since 1.2, and they did nothing except more nerfs (stun with 10m Range for a Range-DD *trololol*).

must be a running gag in Austin "hey, lets write something about a buff for commandos in forums, and then we make a nerf *hahaha*"

freaking fools @ bioware
Idiian Tavoun | Combat Medic | VR 90 | R.I.P. Jenjidai
Ardiian Tavoun | Combat Sentinel

|- Kekse für alle -|

cashogy_reborn
02.13.2013 , 01:14 AM | #1236
i think it is also worth pointing out that the Bounty Hunter EWH vendor *STILL* does not sell EWH relics. at least it did not before this morning, and i didnt check today nor did i see anything in the patch notes. so hopefully i am wrong.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TUXs
02.14.2013 , 11:10 AM | #1237
Makeb can't come soon enough...
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Essence_of_Light
02.14.2013 , 12:02 PM | #1238
Can't wait until they make ANY kind of buff that actually helps us commando/mercs. C'mon BW, fix this class. We've been wanting a fix since 1.2.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

Reysin
02.14.2013 , 12:34 PM | #1239
They aren't useless like everyone likes to think. You wont top damage charts, but mercs are a very versatile class, jack of all trades, master of none. You can still be a threat if you play smart.

A 50 Merc in War-hero versus any 50 in War Hero solo is guaranteed to lose, our stationary damage isn't a high enough output and our ability to absorb damage isn't as good as a tank. However, pair a merc with a ranged dps, merc plays a tanky-damage, abosrbing hits where possible (sniper/merc can be scary.) Paired with a healer, merc plays peeler-damage, standing close to the healer to use CC on whoever is attacking him/her, and damaging the biggest threat in hopes the attacker leaves the healer alone. Pair merc with a tank, merc takes on stationary nuking, hitting tanks target out of the immediate LoS (in the background.) In large groups, stand mid-field, hit a priority target (I.E healer, or high dps) Most merc damage is kinetic, too (save for unload and sweeping blasters... and power shot, if you use it.) So damage is always hitting, excellent for killing blows in Guardians or sents with their ward up.

Also, in desperate times, your vast array of AoE is great in WZ for people capping nodes, planting bombs, etc. Missile blast does splash to 5 targets, interrupting plants and caps. Fusion missile, combined with power surge, is an instant cast AoE. Death from above, and sweeping blasters. Blow a medpac, adrenal, and shield, proceed to survive and keep people off nodes for as long as possible. (Time varies, based on how many.)

That's how I play my merc, at least, and I'm arsenal spec.

ArchangelLBC
02.14.2013 , 01:06 PM | #1240
LOL looks like we had a few pages deleted. GG BW.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd