Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

yoomazir
02.10.2013 , 09:02 PM | #21
Obsidian making another Star Wars game? This news is better than sex!

EDIT: And screw the ignorants that blame Obsidian, LRN2 check your facts first.

dark_wolf
02.10.2013 , 09:07 PM | #22
This sounds awesome, but I'm going to remain pessimistic about this one until it is confirmed in development. Disney said they want to focus on mobile and casual games. I swear I'm really getting sick of this focus on casuals and soccer mom games. I miss the days when games were made for gamers.

Mr_Bane
02.10.2013 , 09:20 PM | #23
Disney will sign off on it, kotor 1 and 2 were one of the best selling games on the xbox, their is too much profit to be made not to turn down the game . it's all about money to be made in the game of business and another odsidian star wars rpg is one that will bring in a ton of money . its just a matter of when they sign off on the deal, which will most likely this year .
their is no dark side just the right side

annabethchase
02.10.2013 , 10:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
To be honest, even though the Old Republic period is great, rich with characters and lore and all; i honestly miss the good ol' time period everyone instantly recognizes and loves.

Between this mystery game and Star Wars 1313, it'll be a breath of fresh air to come back to the original setting.

Who knows, maybe they even provide closure to what happened to Mace Windu. As unrealistic and silly as it may be, i hope he survived that fall and somehow makes it or is at least mentioned in this new RPG.
Spoiler from EP3, he died
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
02.10.2013 , 10:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dark_wolf View Post
This sounds awesome, but I'm going to remain pessimistic about this one until it is confirmed in development. Disney said they want to focus on mobile and casual games. I swear I'm really getting sick of this focus on casuals and soccer mom games. I miss the days when games were made for gamers.
The industry has learned in the past year that social gaming was a mistake. Zynga was the king of that and it's stock is in the toilet as it's just not a money maker. Real major games with mass appeal is the wave of the future.

annabethchase
02.10.2013 , 10:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
That is not a good thing...

KOTOR 2 was buggy as f***k !
Not the most important part of a game. Story and content > bug free.

Themanthatisi
02.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
I feel the exact opposite. The Original and Prequel Trilogy eras have been explored more than enough. It seems like half the EU is devoted to, "Oh, and by the way, this ALSO happened," stuff surrounding the movies. I like Boba Fett, Mace Windu, and all the rest as much as the next guy, but when they're in everything, they're oversaturated.

There are thousands of years of untouched history - and future - to explore. I've had quite enough of Vader and his gang, cool as they are. It's time for fresh stories.
I could not agree more.... perfect!

Jemfisto
02.12.2013 , 12:23 PM | #28
When I read this I wailed out loud. The 2nd golden age of SW is coming up. I love you obsidian! Chris Avellone is a genius.

Ausstig
02.12.2013 , 02:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol yeah, lets hope Lucasarts learnt there lesson - don't rush perfection!
So how does this effect Obsidian?

Cause there is nothing perfect about them, KOTOR 2 is a boring game and hope they don't ruin this era by letting Obsidian make another 'game'.
Have Force lightning will travel

yoomazir
02.12.2013 , 04:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
So how does this effect Obsidian?

Cause there is nothing perfect about them, KOTOR 2 is a boring game and hope they don't ruin this era by letting Obsidian make another 'game'.
Lol, KOTOR2 is so amazing that people, fans you may call them, even bothered to work their asses to bring all the unseen content into the Restoration Project.

So you know what, I hope they'll do another SW game just to ruin your day.