Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Merras
02.10.2013 , 07:36 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
In other words, they could still pull off a KOTOR 3 that could bring some closure concerning Revan, Exile, Carth, Bastila and so forth.
I'm really like your optimism but I can't share.

Either BW concludes these storylines in SWTOR or there will be never concluded. KOTOR2 came out too long ago to make a successful KOTOR3. In fact I met lots of SWTOR player who didn't play KOTOR1-2. They are constantly asking "why is this Revan guy sooo important", "ooooohhh, I need this cool looking robot companion, who is this?". Bioware should had make KOTOR3 first - instead of KOTOR3 they made SWTOR.

Darth_Wicked
02.12.2013 , 03:27 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
I'm really like your optimism but I can't share.

Either BW concludes these storylines in SWTOR or there will be never concluded. KOTOR2 came out too long ago to make a successful KOTOR3. In fact I met lots of SWTOR player who didn't play KOTOR1-2. They are constantly asking "why is this Revan guy sooo important", "ooooohhh, I need this cool looking robot companion, who is this?". Bioware should had make KOTOR3 first - instead of KOTOR3 they made SWTOR.
Again, it was just an hypothesis, mate.

In other words, just trying to explore possible storyline venues, given the way the Revan novel ends and the manner in which he is reintroduced in TOR. If the demand is there, somewhere down the road, who knows what may come up? It can't be worse than that Kinect SW game for the Xbox 360 I'd say.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

DAWUSS
02.16.2013 , 11:33 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
QFT.

This whole KOTOR storyline should have been concluded in a KOTOR 3 game and SWTOR could be a fresh, new start. Honestly I don't like the fact that I forced to kill Revan and HK-47 (twice!!!!), the iconic figures of the previous games. And I don't like the fact that my KOTOR2 character was simply killed outside of the game in a "novel" (which is more like a draft script than a novel) and I can see her as a ghost in a flashpoint.

Sure, from MMO perspective these are epic moments. From KOTOR perspective I think these are poorly executed stories.
Look at it this way regarding Revan: You struck him down and he'll come back in a form more powerful than you can possibly imagine. And for HK-47, well, he was seen running around on Mustafar during the time of the Rebel Alliance, so he's not exactly killable in this era.

I think Revan (the novel) should have been KOTOR III not the other way around (and I think it did more harm than good to the KOTOR gamer, but it is what it is).

I do think Revan will make a return after the foundry, but I hope it's not exclusively in some sort of "Red vs. Blue" rivalry with the Sith Emperor - he should have more to contribute to following arcs than just that.

pbajnokl
03.01.2013 , 01:44 AM | #164
To all who read this thread allso have to see this too:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605206
I don't mind if everyone compare the two story somehow

Deviss
04.12.2013 , 01:16 PM | #165
https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856 I asked Hall Hood directly via the twitter in an attempt to get some hint about Revan's potential future fate. Here is the response that I received:

@hallhood Kudos to the entire BioWare team for Makeb - simply amazing. I hope we can expect more story content soon (Revan's return perhaps?

@LoreFreak1 Hehe... we'll see! Glad you enjoyed Makeb!

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

MorgothPl
04.18.2013 , 01:29 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
And for HK-47, well, he was seen running around on Mustafar during the time of the Rebel Alliance, so he's not exactly killable in this era.
Could you tell me more about that encounter? I might have missed that comic/book... and would like to learn more about HK in Rebellion time

Dareich
04.18.2013 , 02:08 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Could you tell me more about that encounter? I might have missed that comic/book... and would like to learn more about HK in Rebellion time
I believe he was referring HK appearance on Galaxies game. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Loladarulz
05.10.2013 , 01:37 AM | #168
OK nerf Revan : - )

Some interesting storries here, would really like new KOTOR game.

AbsolutGrndZero
05.12.2013 , 01:59 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
OK nerf Revan : - )

Some interesting storries here, would really like new KOTOR game.
They've already said they aren't going to do it. They did SWtOR instead, IF you really want to play KotOR 3, play the Jedi Knight. That is generally thought (can anyone verify that it is official that it would have been?) to be what KotOR 3's story would be, had there been a KotOR 3. However, they decided to make many classes, many stories, and expand the game and story far more than just a single player single story arc.

So, look at it that way... Instead of JUST KotOR 3 being the story of the Jedi Knight (yes, you could probably start as a consular if you wanted, but that's not the point, the story would be the same), you now have that one, plus ANOTHER Unique JEdi Consular story PLUS a Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior... even smugglers, imperial agents, bounty hunters, and republic troopers. 6 UNIQUE but interwoven stories with full light side and darkside choices... instead of one... now, by what I've said... would you give up SWtOR for a SINGLE story called KotOR 3?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

RevanKnight
05.18.2013 , 10:56 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856 I asked Hall Hood directly via the twitter in an attempt to get some hint about Revan's potential future fate. Here is the response that I received:

@hallhood Kudos to the entire BioWare team for Makeb - simply amazing. I hope we can expect more story content soon (Revan's return perhaps?

@LoreFreak1 Hehe... we'll see! Glad you enjoyed Makeb!

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).
I don't suppose you can ask him about who the entity really is? I know he didn't write the warrior storyline(like karpyshyn said when asked this), but Hood was a lead writer for the game as a whole, wasn't he?