Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting ???

WarbNull
02.07.2013 , 11:49 AM | #1
I have a question about the Legacy of Crafting perk.

Does the Augmented Benefit that it offers only pertain to the crewskills like Armstech, Armormech, and Synthweaving, or can it help others as well?

I know that I can add Augmentation Slots to weapons and clothing or armor, but I have yet to see any Augmented Result for any of my Artifice Items or even my BioChem crewskills. I am just wondering if it is a waste to even invest in it for both those skills. The only things I can think of that I can make which would have a chance of Augmented results is my Light Sabers and maybe my Shields/Focus items for Artifice, if they can have Augmentation Slots added to them. I never tried to add any to the Shields or Focuses. Then for BioChem I am not even sure if the Implants can have Augmentation Slots added as I have never tried that as well. Maybe I should look at them next time I log into the game.

But anyways, would it be worth investing in the Legacy of Crafting perks for say Artifice or even Biochem for that matter? Or would that be a waste of Credits?
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

nbayer
02.07.2013 , 11:55 AM | #2
It applies to all crafting skills, items that cannot be augmented usually yield an additional item when a crit occurs. So for artifice if you were making an enhancement, you would get 2 if you got a crit.

WarbNull
02.07.2013 , 12:45 PM | #3
That is good to know. Thanks
I think I may go ahead and get them to see what results I get.
Jedi Consular Sage

Milandur
02.07.2013 , 02:55 PM | #4
The Crafting character perks only improve your critical chance for augmentable gear. Every class can create at least one type of gear, so the perk still benefits everyone, but you shouldn't expect to get a bunch of spare hilts, barrels, and mods out of this perk.

Zorash
02.07.2013 , 03:05 PM | #5
People need to stop thinking augment relates specifically augments in gear and realize that augment by definition means, " to make greater, more numerous, larger, or more intense <the impact of the report was augmented by its timing>"

The perk increases your chance to crit on making anything.

Yes Bioware has poor word choice to confuse people.

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.07.2013 , 03:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Milandur View Post
The Crafting character perks only improve your critical chance for augmentable gear. Every class can create at least one type of gear, so the perk still benefits everyone, but you shouldn't expect to get a bunch of spare hilts, barrels, and mods out of this perk.
I just corrected someone else in a thread on page two of the crafting forums... Bioware really needs to word this better, as they promised to do several months ago (admitting that yes, it was poorly worded).

Legacy of Crafting does increase the chance you crit and get doubles. See the official dev responses on page one and two of this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=492276&page=2

WarbNull
02.07.2013 , 09:21 PM | #7
Thanks for the clarifications everyone. It really does help explain things better.
It definitely would benefit BioWare wording it better.
Jedi Consular Sage

KostonxEld
02.07.2013 , 09:46 PM | #8
This one got by me! Crap I have been crafting augments for months now without this perk! I should have gotten 50 more of them prob by now! Lame tooltip!!!! Going to buy this on my crafters today!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Asavrede
02.11.2013 , 09:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Milandur View Post
No they dont. They increase crit chance for all crafting skills, which means makers of augments, mods, armorings, enhancements also benefit.

KostonxEld
02.12.2013 , 02:49 AM | #10
Is it confirmed this does not help with gathering missions right? Like it won't give you +crit chance to archaeo or scav right?
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!