Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Malavai Quinn


SilentKitty's Avatar


SilentKitty
01.20.2013 , 04:30 PM | #101
I'm glad I knew about the Quinncident before starting to play my Sith Warrior. Taking her relationship with Malavi very very slowly. She is about to reach Voss and they have just started flirting pretty much. This way the major build-up for romance occurs after she has forgiven him for that thing. Works better for me that way.

CloudCastle's Avatar


CloudCastle
01.20.2013 , 08:02 PM | #102
Quote:
I'm glad I knew about the Quinncident before starting to play my Sith Warrior. Taking her relationship with Malavi very very slowly. She is about to reach Voss and they have just started flirting pretty much. This way the major build-up for romance occurs after she has forgiven him for that thing. Works better for me that way.
This is exactly what I did too. After trying for months to avoid spoilers, I finally gave in and read the huge Quinn thread that was around at the time. I think what makes Quinn's betrayal so darn awful is that so many people had gotten to the love and marriage stage of his quests. It became more like a double-betrayal.

By the time I got to the betrayal, I think I had somewhere around 6000 affection with him, and about 8000 with Pierce. It felt like my warrior and Quinn were at the "I'm beginning to lust after you" stage, with no major feelings involved yet. In the beginning I saw my warrior as a bit more power-drunk and reckless, and Pierce suited her. But after a while, Quinn's patient planning and meticulousness started to feel more practical than Pierce's "lets throw it all up in the air and see where it lands" style, especially when the doo started hitting the fan with Baras. The betrayal hit and my warrior's eyes were opened to now seeing Quinn as a real contender in the game and someone who she should take more seriously (rather than the teasing that she was doing up until that point.) The betrayal became a sort of springboard for the two of them to start actually getting to know each other.

Ithilwen's Avatar


Ithilwen
01.21.2013 , 05:00 AM | #103
So, reading the two above posts, I'm now curious... does the Quincident happen at the beginning, middle or end of Act 3? or is it at the end of Act 2?
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
01.21.2013 , 08:47 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithilwen View Post
So, reading the two above posts, I'm now curious... does the Quincident happen at the beginning, middle or end of Act 3? or is it at the end of Act 2?
It occurs in Act 3, between Voss and Corellia.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

CNS_Sarajevo's Avatar


CNS_Sarajevo
02.11.2013 , 08:44 PM | #105
Just reached this point in the story. My character is light side and Jaesa's a good influence on her, but ohhhh, man, did I want to choke the crap out of him, or leave him a good, nasty scar to remember my "mercy."

Ithilwen's Avatar


Ithilwen
02.11.2013 , 09:28 PM | #106
I'm still not up to that point

Haven't had much time to play...
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

CNS_Sarajevo's Avatar


CNS_Sarajevo
02.14.2013 , 07:44 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithilwen View Post
I'm still not up to that point

Haven't had much time to play...
Don't worry. It's still a shocker when it happens.

CloudCastle's Avatar


CloudCastle
02.15.2013 , 07:32 PM | #108
I recommend holding off on doing too many of Quinn's conversations until after the "incident." For me, it made it feel like the relationship still had room to grow and evolve afterwards and allowed me to end the story on a positive note.

Ithilwen's Avatar


Ithilwen
02.17.2013 , 05:44 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I recommend holding off on doing too many of Quinn's conversations until after the "incident." For me, it made it feel like the relationship still had room to grow and evolve afterwards and allowed me to end the story on a positive note.
That's going to be hard for me, I tend to gain as much affection asap and then go through all the conversations straight away...
I'm sure i'll manage if I try hard enough
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

kalistea's Avatar


kalistea
02.18.2013 , 10:15 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I recommend holding off on doing too many of Quinn's conversations until after the "incident." For me, it made it feel like the relationship still had room to grow and evolve afterwards and allowed me to end the story on a positive note.
That makes sense actually, because it's clear that the very last conversation in the romance arc (training the future) is supposed to happen AFTER the incident.

Malavai starts the conversation with :

Spoiler


I decided to do that with my juggernaut, I'm holding back on the 3 last conversations in the romance, and will trigger those only after the "incident"