Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
02.11.2013 , 05:49 PM | #2721
@Striges I love all the beautiful details that add to the atmosphere of your stories. The clash between what Coruscant is really like and the perfectly climate controlled interiors was great

@bright I love Nic, she and Nosc would get along I think. They could duel and dirty kick each other's Corsos for all the times they were overbearing idiots.

@Tatile you know I love Rochester, and I admit that I might be mentally adding Broan into every scene with him (that is possible) because I'm an unapologetic sap/fangirl.

Striges
02.11.2013 , 06:51 PM | #2722
@ Tatile: I was so sure that was an early spring/late fall scene! Nicely done--I love the image of the umbrella rolling down the street, no doubt to join its fellows in some inaccessible location.

@ Bright: Sand. Everywhere. No wonder everyone on Tatooine is armed to the teeth--half their blasters don't work. No, Risha, Geonosis is not a good alternative.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
And Striges, I was hoping somebody better-informed than I would play with indoor weather conditions.
There have been rumors of weather in large airship hangars since the twenties at least, but to my knowledge actual, pouring down, persistent rain or weather systems is just that, a rumor. Something people tell the newbies before sending them to get a bucket of propwash or the squeegee sharpener. Temporary "clouds" and brief condensation (rain or snow) due to temperature and humidity differences do happen. Like breath on a cold day. But bigger. Lots bigger.

Morgani
02.11.2013 , 07:09 PM | #2723
Seriously great drabbles. Re-rolled Brei'yu just got done with Tatooine. In addition to the blinding sand, she's sick of Kaliyo and more than ready to met Vector. Huzzah Alderaan.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
02.11.2013 , 09:09 PM | #2724
Striges -
Quote:
He's in "Rancor Squad", a republic Infantry unit and quit it! You are not supposed to be a character, I didn't even take a screenshot of you for my summary! Stop writing stories! Argh!
Sneaky sneaky troopers. Love them all (Keep talking, sweetheart )

Jurial's short piece is so evocative.

Morgani - Vector hotness. Seriously, if he wasn't such a sweetheart, he'd be creepy. But he's a sweetheart, so instead he's just hot, lol.

Fino - Very funny. I may have to steal this idea cause I talk to my comps all the time.
Spoiler

bright -
Quote:
"Hail? We're in a jungle, sir," grumbled Jorgan. "That's just not right."
I don't know why this was so funny, but I sat and laughed for a good minute straight.
Vierce and Elara kisses!!!
Quote:
What Solomon Crae would be watching and feeling and internally commenting on would be way, way different than what, say, Doc would. ( <3 Crae, by the way, Hoyden; he was the first character who came to mind as having a distinctive and unexpected thought process.)
Yep, getting into his head is always...uh...it takes prep, lol - usually a few rounds of Deftones (Change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4MGwlZuAc and Tempest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgNBxNvAJg. But that's the fun part of getting into characters' heads that think really differently. (Completely adore all these pairings and kisses and so forth )
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
02.11.2013 , 09:43 PM | #2725
I found the Deftones link for the last post and then sat and listened to them enough that I could actually finish a story, lol. So, for the first time in a long time....
NotLP: LF1M

Woman With a Gun
Skari and Crae
no spoilers (timeline is post-main story in My Name is Solomon Crae, but pre-epilogue by quite a bit)

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

bright_ephemera
02.11.2013 , 10:03 PM | #2726
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Spoiler
Oh, my goodness, this is wonderful. The above image had me in stitches. And your note at the end...XD
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Morgani
02.11.2013 , 10:07 PM | #2727
That was great hoyden. The part bright pointed out I snickered over as well. But you know, if she wanted flowers and chocolates, she should have found a way to woo Corso. Fish will fill your belly woman. *grunts* A real man's love.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Striges
02.11.2013 , 11:55 PM | #2728
You had me giggling with the ad. "Does not give gifts that used to be alive. Lack of homicidal tendencies would be nice too." Oh yeah, that's so going to attract the right crowd *snerk*

iamthehoyden
02.12.2013 , 04:15 PM | #2729
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Oh, my goodness, this is wonderful. The above image had me in stitches. And your note at the end...XD
There have to be sane men out there, right....right??? Hmm...I may have to rethink this plan.
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
But you know, if she wanted flowers and chocolates, she should have found a way to woo Corso. Fish will fill your belly woman. *grunts* A real man's love.
Skari is typically very practical, but the girl occasionally wishes her life were more normal. You know, sans fish presents. Corso though...she'd probably end up killing him. He'd be sweet and adorable for about an hour and then she'd just want to smack him all the time. Course she often wants to smack Crae too...this may be a pattern...
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
You had me giggling with the ad. "Does not give gifts that used to be alive. Lack of homicidal tendencies would be nice too." Oh yeah, that's so going to attract the right crowd *snerk*
Lack of homicidal tenencies leaves out large swaths of the population (Sith, Bounty Hunters, Imperial Agents, DS Anybody, more Sith), have to narrow down the search focus, hehe.
---------------

Striges
02.12.2013 , 06:58 PM | #2730
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Lack of homicidal tenencies leaves out large swaths of the population (Sith, Bounty Hunters, Imperial Agents, DS Anybody, more Sith), have to narrow down the search focus, hehe.
I guess it depends on whether this is a "preference check box" on an electronic form, thus eliminating undesirables from the search, or an open ended, 'describe your ideal partner' question for interested parties to look at. Because I suspect the aforementioned people with homicidal tendencies would view the latter as a either a turn-on or a challenge .