Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Question for Slingers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
PvP Question for Slingers

PumkinEscobar
02.10.2013 , 08:10 PM | #1
Okay guys, I recently came back to SWTOR and I am a gunslinger sharpshooter spec. I have looked at a bunch of threads just now and I'm still trying to figure out exactly the right way to maximize my stats before I spend extra WZ comms.

I have the Elite WH main blaster, EWH bracers and EWH belt. My helm, chest, legs, boots, hands, and secondary weapon are all WH gear. All Augmented for cunning. Currently my cunning is a tad above 1800, my power is 499, my crit is 40%(with buff), and my surge is 74%.

Note: I am dishing out good DPS in warzones, always among tops but I just want to find out what I am missing to help me take that extra step. I often get the 5k hit as well. But then I see a sniper come along and dish out 700K while I'm at 450K in Voidstar, and I am not sure if it was just that game - or my stats.

Now I've read 2050 or 2100 cunning is the way to go, but I don't know how to get there or what to sacrifice. I don't know what mods i should start rippijng out - should I grab the +64 cunning mods with less power and sacrifice power? Our will this hurt me in the long run?

Like I said I really sat on the forums and read some random guides to sniper/slinger stuff tonight and one person says one thing, the other person says the other. I expect most of you will advise me to keep tinkering and may say there is no "one" way to do things. This is fine -- but I just figured I would ask as I would ask first and try to figure this out before trying to buy more pieces and pull mods and waste my time - if I am missing something with the answer right under my nose (which I am guessing I most likely am)

Thanks for your help.
Team Go Hard

Luckeyduckey
02.11.2013 , 01:55 PM | #2
Is that crit buffed or unbuffed? (Edit, oh, derp.) You're in the right direction, and the sniper that pulled that damage could've been using AoE more effectively, or was in Saboteur. SS is single target, meaning a good Sab Gunslinger should out DPS you in Voidstar. Use Flyby on Cooldown. If you only get 1-2 hits with it, it's still okay. Good objective defense, and you never know, might get lucky with a hit. Make sure you have enough accuracy (100%~ ish. Take the 3% from the talent tree, then get the implants with the accuracy. Should be enough) AoE awareness and the damage you take will be the difference. I've seen battlemaster snipers against WH's pull 800k in a match because no on focused him.

Arguably, power = Cunning. What you should do is add the cunning and the power in the mod versus the other mod. Cunning gives a bit more crit, for a little less damage, but it's not going to be a 350k damage difference.
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist

PumkinEscobar
02.11.2013 , 06:21 PM | #3
Thanks Luckey - Appreciate it.
Team Go Hard