Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.10.2013 , 05:58 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
At the point where this debate is centered fully around this rule, I think it's safe to say that it's unnessesary, over-complicates things, and forces us to debate things that simply don't exist in the Star Wars galaxy.

It's become a pointless wash anyways.

I suggest forgetting fleets altogether and that we all start considering endgame.
This really, I didn't particularly like the rule to start with as I know this was gonna happen sooner or later.

Edit: But anyway Beni, just move on and decide the winner I think this has all run its course.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
02.10.2013 , 08:48 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
At the point where this debate is centered fully around this rule, I think it's safe to say that it's unnessesary, over-complicates things, and forces us to debate things that simply don't exist in the Star Wars galaxy.

It's become a pointless wash anyways.

I suggest forgetting fleets altogether and that we all start considering endgame.
It is possible to argue there is an advantage in Xizor's favor concerning starfighters, but then Sith often have a habit of their starfighters (at least for their lowly nonforce sensitive pilots) being unshielded.

If Revan manages to find Xizor's location, Xizor is dead unless he can make his escape. So only way I can see Xizor winning this, is either with a trap, or one of his assassins picking off Revan. In a straight up fight Xizor would be completely outmatched.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.10.2013 , 10:01 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This really, I didn't particularly like the rule to start with as I know this was gonna happen sooner or later.

Edit: But anyway Beni, just move on and decide the winner I think this has all run its course.
We can't conclude the battle now! We haven't even discussed scenarios. The majority of the debate has been about the tech rule.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.10.2013 , 10:18 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
We can't conclude the battle now! We haven't even discussed scenarios. The majority of the debate has been about the tech rule.
Hm? Eh I guess, though we did go through some of the scenarios already.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.11.2013 , 11:31 AM | #115
I very much hope everyone is holding back their excitement for the finals. I expect over 396 comments or so help me God I will do something crazy.

But concerning this debate, seems to be a lot of points for Xizor and the general consensus seems 'death by assassination/sabotage etc'. But I think we need some more definitive points for Xizor taking out Revan. I mean assassinating him is all well and good, but Revan is a Sith Lord and he is aware that Xizor - being a crime lord - is not going to attempt to destroy him via one-on-one combat or in a large scale duel. He will expect assassination, sabotage etc etc. because that's how crime lords work. To ward against such a threat he will likely do one of the following: lock down his vessel, no-one goes in or out without his permission or retreat to the Temple of the Ancients on Lehon, which is something of a natural fortress not to mention a hidden one. In both situations it suddenly becomes incredibly difficult for Xizor to kill Revan.

What's more Revan may very well anticipate evasive and underhanded tactics from the 'Prince of Crime' and so will be wary of charging straight into Coruscant - infact now I think about it its a pretty dumb tactic anyway - only to have Xizor flee. Instead he will likely send assassins to scout the area, if Xizor is there they've got a pretty good chance of killing him. But if Xizor has retreated already (more likely scenario) they will find nothing and report back to Revan. Which means Xizor's decoy will fail (did I just argue with myself there?) That's all I've got for now. I leave you guys to come up for counter points for Xizor and Revan supporters to come up for a death scenario for Xizor...

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
02.11.2013 , 12:18 PM | #116
The big problem I see with Xizor's assassins actually managing to kill Revan is the fact aside from Malek, Revan's forces were extremely loyal to Revan up until Revan supposedly died and Malek seized control.

I don't see it being likely that Xizor could get assassins close enough to kill Revan all that easily.

On the flipside Xizor's underlings are too scared to betray Xizor unless they knew it was likely Revan was going to clobber Xizor, they won't jump ship.

I could see Revan resorting to orbital bombardment to kill Xizor if all else failed, but biggest death thing I can see for Revan is the building of an HK-48 to hunt down and eliminate the scaled meatbag.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.11.2013 , 12:20 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
The big problem I see with Xizor's assassins actually managing to kill Revan is the fact aside from Malek, Revan's forces were extremely loyal to Revan up until Revan supposedly died and Malek seized control.

I don't see it being likely that Xizor could get assassins close enough to kill Revan all that easily.

On the flipside Xizor's underlings are too scared to betray Xizor unless they knew it was likely Revan was going to clobber Xizor, they won't jump ship.

I could see Revan resorting to orbital bombardment to kill Xizor if all else failed, but biggest death thing I can see for Revan is the building of an HK-48 to hunt down and eliminate the scaled meatbag.
What is an HK-48?...There isn't such a thing, do you mean an HK-50? Though assassinating Xizor is easier said then done, he already has survived an attempt on his life before and he himself is no slouch in combat.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Canino's Avatar


Canino
02.11.2013 , 05:28 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I very much hope everyone is holding back their excitement for the finals. I expect over 396 comments or so help me God I will do something crazy.
My biggest argument might basically kill that number- or grow them, who knows. But I hope it is exciting. Be prepared for spamming- you have been warned.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
02.11.2013 , 06:15 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What is an HK-48?...There isn't such a thing, do you mean an HK-50? Though assassinating Xizor is easier said then done, he already has survived an attempt on his life before and he himself is no slouch in combat.
Revan built HK-47 supposedly... What's to stop him from building an HK-48?

Canino's Avatar


Canino
02.11.2013 , 06:19 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Revan built HK-47 supposedly... What's to stop him from building an HK-48?
HK-47 was the model of the droid, not the number. No one ever created the parts or manufactured an "HK-48", HK-50's were the next model after HK-47, not an HK-48.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------