Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
02.11.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nomaad
02.11.2013 , 04:20 PM | #2
Okay , im stoked now.
It's never what it is, only what it can be.

Ded'i

DarthVengeant
02.11.2013 , 04:25 PM | #3
Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware.

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

Cmdluke
02.11.2013 , 04:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware.

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.
all events have been PvE focused so far. Why shouldn't PvPers get an event that caters more toward them? I'm mainly a PvEer and I'm excited for this event.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

MillionsKNives
02.11.2013 , 04:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post

Way to go Bioware.

To the contrary, it looks like you can get everything you need from just the PVE quests. They list all rewards as being obtained through reputation, except for the weapons. And the weapons are listed as being obtained through missions and killing the ops boss.

But actually knowing what you're talking about is never necessary for complaining.

This sounds like a really great event. I love that it will be coming back, so that even those who can't attend this time can get another chance. It also gives another chance if you can't manage to get everything on this go-around.

Forgon
02.11.2013 , 04:35 PM | #6
Wow, I can't wait.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Coldbayne
02.11.2013 , 04:40 PM | #7
I agree with others, why should everything cater exclusively to the PvE crowd. Besides, this was always part of a redesigned ilum pvp area. So no real surprises there that this has a strong element of PvP.

Being primarily a PvE player, I still enjoyed the element of PvP from Rakghoul event and will give this event a fair chance - since I enjoyed the aforementioned event with surprising enthusiasm!

saremun
02.11.2013 , 04:41 PM | #8
Awesome!

publicenemies
02.11.2013 , 04:42 PM | #9
interesting but at some point you devs are gonna have to do more then giant slugs and oversized wampas. Besides that looks decent just wish we could get away from bug wars.

CharlieBrown
02.11.2013 , 04:44 PM | #10
I hope some of the rewards are pvp rewards, with expertise in them. Seems like it could be much more fun than warzones.
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five