Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My experiences with Dirty Fighting (Scoundrel)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My experiences with Dirty Fighting (Scoundrel)

bryceman
02.06.2013 , 10:23 PM | #1
So for the longest time I have been strictly a Scrapper Scoundrel and have loved it more than any other dps spec in the game. For s#!is and giggles I have been experimenting with Dirty Fighting and have come to the conclusion that it is essentially the sage hybrid spec but instead of spamming rock throw in between dots and force inbalance, you are keeping up upper hand and using Wounding shots instead of sucker punch. We also still have back blast to use off cool down which still does impressive damage even without the nice damage increase from the upper tiers of the scrapper tree. But the spec is essentially the hybrid sage spec; Force Inbalance is now Hem. Blast and our two dots are shrap bomb and vital shot. It's not as fun as scrapper but I can see why people would rather go with DF because you have more things you can do while running back to the boss like re-applying your dots and using hem. blast. After parsing with both specs I still get more dps out of scrapper but during a raid fight there is a lot of moving around (usually) and sometimes knockbacks so I can see why the slightly more ranged friendly DF spec might come out on top.

nocte_aeterna
02.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #2
I'm leveling a Scoundrel at the moment, but I play a dps Operative as my main Imp-side and spec into the Dirty Fighting equivalent. You're correct in that the tree is very effective in raid situations where you have to move around a lot--it's very mobile and gives you a little bit more range than Scrapper (or Concealment as the tree is called for us Ops).

I actually parse the opposite on my Op on dummies, too; I can pull about 50-60 more DPS in Lethality than in Concealment. I have a lot more real raid experience with the former, though, so I imagine that it's an instance of skill rotation familiarity.
Ixira - Meilin <The Inebriati>
Sylani - Aranoreth <Tainted>

bryceman
02.08.2013 , 05:25 PM | #3
Yeah after running through HM TfB last night, I still parsed better when I was rolling scrapper spec so I'm pretty much going to switch back. It all comes down to energy management. In DF you can really throw anything out whenever you want since pugnacity and cool head come on a quicker cooldown but no matter how hard I tried, I could just barely parse better than scrapper.

Luckeyduckey
02.11.2013 , 02:02 PM | #4
All about crit + energy management. I prefer Concealment/Scrapper just because of the abilities, but Lethality/DF has potential.
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist