Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

Anishor
02.11.2013 , 11:54 AM | #31
At this point I think we're gonna have to suffer through incremental changes.

1. Nerf of Bubble Stun
2. Nerf of Smash
3. Increase of Commando viability

then I think they'll come back and look where we are at. At least that would be my best guess as to what BW is going to do.

Various changes/thoughts:

I think giving Commando's gunnery and lightning sorcs a group CC break would be a big help.

I don't think snares should affect resolve, they're a move/counter move for ranged and melee. Roots should have a lower formula for resolve than stuns, maybe 1/3rd or 1/2 the resolve per second of root.

We should go back to the old formula for stacking CC.
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Thero'os ( Marauder *alt* )
PVP Officer
"The Light in the Shadow."

Briljin
02.11.2013 , 12:03 PM | #32
Quote:
some CC such as immobilization and slows do not count towards the resolve mechanic why is this so ????
Because CCs in this game are considered effects that take your ability to act away. Being slowed/rooted doesn't stop you from controlling your character, it might make it harder for you to attack a target but that is not the same as being unable to to do anything.

TUXs
02.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
Because CCs in this game are considered effects that take your ability to act away. Being slowed/rooted doesn't stop you from controlling your character, it might make it harder for you to attack a target but that is not the same as being unable to to do anything.
The root that comes from a leap does in fact mez you. That takes my ability to "act" away. Slows are fine - roots, mezzes and stuns are not.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

LarryRow
02.11.2013 , 12:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The root that comes from a leap does in fact mez you. That takes my ability to "act" away. Slows are fine - roots, mezzes and stuns are not.
I think what you are referring to is the interrupt that accompanies the leap. If we lost it as a baseline feature, I think I would be ok with that.

But leap most certainly does NOT apply a break-on-damage stun to the target. Some Jugg's will use their AoE mez after they leap into a pack to position for the Smash, but that isn't part of the leap.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Soulwave
02.11.2013 , 12:45 PM | #35
Nerf the stunfest bioware!!!!!!!! Remove the stuns! Better to make a ability cooldown for interupt like 4 seconds... So sick of the CC abuse in this game too... Has nothing to do with skill..2 or 3 against one you can basiclly lock the person to death!!!!!!!!! what fun is that........ CMON BIOWARE DO BLOODY SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smashbrother
02.11.2013 , 01:04 PM | #36
Roots and snares are specifically not on resolve because the devs want it that way, and they're not going to change it. Stop asking for it.

TUXs
02.11.2013 , 01:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Roots and snares are specifically not on resolve because the devs want it that way, and they're not going to change it. Stop asking for it.
Not gonna happen. I'm fine with snares ignoring it, not roots. A root is the epitome of a CC.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

foxmob
02.11.2013 , 01:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Don't like roots when you have full resolve? Roll a spec that can clear movement impairment (combat sent, any operative, assault vanguard, shadow tank/hybrid, healer sage, etc...) or a sniper that stays put anyway.

You're welcome.
I'm sorry, but that's a load of poo. assault has to burn his one dcd for a onetime root/snare dispel. who in their right mind is going to sit on their ONE dcd for one of the handful of moments that they're snared/rooted? most likely, it was necessary just to get to the white bar.

This doesn't mean I'm 100% behind the op or anything else. but this called for some sort of comment. it's incredibly misleading. only the cleansing classes can legitimately claim to have an answer to roots/snares, and those answers are generally only good for self casts because the roots, in particular, have already run their course by the time a teammate is able to communicate the need for a cleanse to the cleanser, who is likely in the midst of another cast.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Thexremstar
02.11.2013 , 01:57 PM | #39
We do indeed disagree, but it's all based on theory. You know what would be cool? For Bioware to announce and then implement a week where you can't be rooted when you are white-barred. And/or maybe some of the other suggestions given by people when it comes to cc (shorter cc breaker cooldown is one of the few reasonable ones I can think of). They could alternatively put it on the pts server.

Then we could actually try it and provide feedback. Let's face it, this would not be hard to code, and a week of different pvp mechanics would not affect anything (oh noes! My preseason rated ranking!). But things like this won't happen in swtor because it's not a primary focus of theirs.
Im glad Ive gotten "alot" of positive feed back with my post and test server test on the changes that could possibly be made Live would be a great Idea Id gladly go to test it.

foxmob
02.11.2013 , 02:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
You don't understand it, I, a Sniper, will root the Sentinel so that he cannot jump at you and kill you. See? Now take the legshot away from me, and i will not be able to save your butt.
don't you have an automatic root on your punt, independent of legshot? or maybe every sniper/gs I encounter has the two abils macro'd (possible).

honestly, though, how long does full resolve (i.e., whitebar) last? 4s? 5s? how long does a root last? 2s. there is not "resolve" system for roots, so they can be daisy chained ad infinitum. half of the whitebar is lost in one root, and anyone else can reroot whenever. meanwhile, the whitebar continues to tick away.

why would anyone ever be upset about that?

the system is bad. but I've already said as much. so flame on.

edit:
I think what you are referring to is the interrupt that accompanies the leap. If we lost it as a baseline feature, I think I would be ok with that.

But leap most certainly does NOT apply a break-on-damage stun to the target. Some Jugg's will use their AoE mez after they leap into a pack to position for the Smash, but that isn't part of the leap.
i'm pretty sure I had to spec into that on my watchman.

for the other guy...
a mezz after a leap?

the guardian tanks have something more frustrating where they gain cc immunity after their leap.

the root after leap is specific to combat spec and goes along with master strike. it's core to that spec, and there are a lot of ways to circumvent it anyway.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.