Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rifles or Armour

Zorash
01.29.2013 , 01:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
I know they're equipment but do there buffs take the place of stims & adrenals?
It's a piece of gear that you equip just like a weapon or armor you equip, so no they don't take the place of a buff or show up as one.

Talon_Starfire
01.29.2013 , 02:06 PM | #12
Which is better the Republic Command Carbine or the Assault Rifle? The Assault Rifle appears to do less damage but has more Aim than the RCC? I need to know because I'm thinking of going Armstech and swapping the mods.
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

ZeroPlus
01.29.2013 , 08:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Which is better the Republic Command Carbine or the Assault Rifle? The Assault Rifle appears to do less damage but has more Aim than the RCC? I need to know because I'm thinking of going Armstech and swapping the mods.
Thanks
The Republic Command Carbine can be as good as you want it to be since it is a moddable rifle. Just keep the Barrel, Mod and Enhancement up to date and the rifle will "level" with you. The Assault Rifle on the other hand is not moddable: you'll use it for 2-3 levels and that's it.

So even though it may appear that the Command Carbine does less damage when you compare them on Torhead, the fact that it is moddable means that you can "upgrade" it and it will soon be better than the non-moddable one.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Feindseligkeit
02.10.2013 , 11:39 PM | #14
Honestly I would recommend Biochem > Cybertech > Artifice / Armstech > Armormech / Synthweaving. This is actually the order I chose for my toons.

Biochem (diplomacy / bioanalysis) is useful first time through in having reusable medpacks/stims as well as implants and makes the initial experience a lot easier.
Cybertech (scavenging / underworld trading) gives you armorings/mods/ear pieces, helping you level and get some good end game schems if you want.
Artifice (treasure hunting / archeology) gives you hilts and enhancements, armstech (investigation / scavenging) gives you barrels and augments. I would lean toward artifice for the enhancements.
Armormech (scavenging) and Synthweaving (archaeology) give you some gear but mostly it's significantly cheaper augmentation kit components than armstech and priority really comes down to which type of augments you need.

As far as picking armormech specifically to craft your own armor... anything you might want can be found on GTN pretty damn cheap, and you will make peanuts compared to just selling mats from diplomacy / underworld trading / slicing.

unluckyperson
02.18.2013 , 01:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Feindseligkeit View Post
As far as picking armormech specifically to craft your own armor... anything you might want can be found on GTN pretty damn cheap, and you will make peanuts compared to just selling mats from diplomacy / underworld trading / slicing.
Also unless you make purple armor for yourself with armormech, what you can get from flashpoints is better than anything you can make for yourself at the same levels.