Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC HM: Kephess Question

namesaretough
02.05.2013 , 09:27 AM | #11
I've found that standing in melee range and not having to get pulled that far into kephess lets me start running out faster. You could try having at least your merc and op stack up behind the boss at 60%, instead of staying 25m+ away.

jasonthelamb
02.05.2013 , 10:05 AM | #12
Also depending on party HP, Kephess will start his 2nd phase at 60% OR when he finishes the next set of attacks he does AFTER 60%.

If the party HP is low going into 65%, have DPS slow down and let healers heal them up and get their force/heat whatever they need back, then drop Kephess down below his 60% and begin part 2.

SorrowsShadow
02.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSeraph View Post
Thanks for the responses.

Our make up is

2 Assassin Tank
1 Marauder
1 Merc
1 Sorc Dps
1 Sniper
1 Sorc Healer
1 Operative Healer

We have tried many of the options suggested. Using predation, LoS even using the snipers sheid. Where it always seems that 1 or two people die.

I suppose its just trial and error untill we find something were comfortable with.
So he casts this at 60% I believe, so at around 63% the sorc healer can bubble everyone, the Sorc DPS can do his own also.

at 61% Marauder pops Transendence (or Marauder version of it) and the Sniper being ~30metres out pops Hunker Down and the Scrambling field.

The SECOND he pops GotM every body should be running out - you have half a raid with force speed the other 3 (Sniper will be uneffected due to hunker down) will be boosted by transendance and their CD - Mara can pop his damage reduction and Merc his shield.

You could even have the Sorc lay down an AoE on the sniper ~61/62% ready for people to arrive.

It relies on everyone being ready to run - even on NiM we don't lose a single person and most >40/50% HP
Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse
SerentÚ (Sage - Seer)

Khevar
02.05.2013 , 06:43 PM | #14
The suggestion about pre-bubbling/hot-ing and running towards Kephess is a good one.

At 63% each healer takes half the team and either bubbles or hots. We then run TO Kephess so that we're standing on him with he casts Gift, as it seems to help star the running out part faster.

If we don't have a Sentinel for Transcendence, we try to bring a Gunslinger to use Scrambling Shield for the damage reduction (gunslinger also doesn't yet yanked in with Hunker Down active). If we don't have either, everyone saves their medpack for that phase.

RandomXChance
02.09.2013 , 06:53 PM | #15
I have seen him pop GOTM at as low as 56% health so casting things automatically at 61% does not always work. As a previous poster said, when you are right on his butt you do not have that long pull into him and you can start your run sooner. Even on NM mode my group does not use predation. We all pop a CD and book it out of the circle without anyone dying.

AngelFluttershy
02.10.2013 , 11:16 PM | #16
I still want to do this fight with four Gunslingers DPSing just so we can all Hunker down at ~62% and laugh at Kephess as he fails to pull the DPS.

Khevar
02.11.2013 , 12:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
I still want to do this fight with four Gunslingers DPSing just so we can all Hunker down at ~62% and laugh at Kephess as he fails to pull the DPS.
That sounds pretty awesome, actually. If you do it, be sure to get a vid.

Ruskaeth
02.11.2013 , 05:15 AM | #18
OP:

Have everyone stand right behind Kephess' back when he does the pull. Reason for this is following:

Like this your team doesn't spend time flying in the air (which is counted before the ticking starts) and they get a lot less damage running out. Idea about Transcendence is good and defensive CDs should be used. Of course, healers should have everyone topped off as well as they can.

-Ruswyn

DarthSeraph
02.11.2013 , 05:31 AM | #19
Thanks for all the replies and various tips for this fight.

We have now manage to get the lizard down.

Thanks again
Destruˇ | Castellˇ | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

RikuvonDrake
02.11.2013 , 05:52 AM | #20
Use Transcendence/Predation at 59% or something and you should be safe even if your senti/mara is slow on clickling.
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Mont÷r
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd