Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

Thexremstar
02.10.2013 , 09:52 PM | #1
some CC such as immobilization and slows do not count towards the resolve mechanic why is this so ???? Is'nt slowing u down or immobilizing you LOSS OF CONTROL of your character the stun lock system SWTOR has is getting a bit beyond a joke and CC needs to be addressed its out of control and annoying. PVP is broken enuff with Over powered classes abuseing the broken mechanics and makeing it boreing to the point of not wanting to pvp anymore! And it would seem that the groups that abuse the system would always be the Pre Made groups which IMO should only be aloud to que as ranked team But getting ppl to agree is like asking god to fix the world! to many pre made groups and broken CC mechanics = boreing pvp matches and will cause ppl that want to pvp leave the game this has been on going for a long time now and it doesnt seem that BW is going to fix it any ways. I dont know why I bother posting here all I get is other players bagging me out with a small % agreeing with me but I dont see 90% of the player base here so the groups of players that bag me are the ones runing the pre made teams and dont care as long as they get to rofl stomp players out of the game. In the end its guna be a very empty SWTOR galaxy if some thing doesnt get fixed. here bag me out now you rofl stomp nerds!

Stavroz
02.10.2013 , 10:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thexremstar View Post
some CC such as immobilization and slows do not count towards the resolve mechanic why is this so ???? Is'nt slowing u down or immobilizing you LOSS OF CONTROL of your character the stun lock system SWTOR has is getting a bit beyond a joke and CC needs to be addressed its out of control and annoying. PVP is broken enuff with Over powered classes abuseing the broken mechanics and makeing it boreing to the point of not wanting to pvp anymore! And it would seem that the groups that abuse the system would always be the Pre Made groups which IMO should only be aloud to que as ranked team But getting ppl to agree is like asking god to fix the world! to many pre made groups and broken CC mechanics = boreing pvp matches and will cause ppl that want to pvp leave the game this has been on going for a long time now and it doesnt seem that BW is going to fix it any ways. I dont know why I bother posting here all I get is other players bagging me out with a small % agreeing with me but I dont see 90% of the player base here so the groups of players that bag me are the ones runing the pre made teams and dont care as long as they get to rofl stomp players out of the game. In the end its guna be a very empty SWTOR galaxy if some thing doesnt get fixed. here bag me out now you rofl stomp nerds!
U dont Lose control of you character when slowed or imobed. You can still use abilities you just have limited mobility. That isn't lose of control. Loss of control is when when you are stunned and you can not do any ability.
Quote: Originally Posted by Recon_Grim View Post
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

wwkingms
02.10.2013 , 10:16 PM | #3
i feel roots should

slows no

*** is the point of having a full resolve bar if i can be rooted in place and eat lightsabers the whole time until my resolve bar fades
NIHIL

THE BASTION

General_Aldo
02.10.2013 , 10:18 PM | #4
In order to make resolve workable again. BW would have to restructure entire classes. Every class as too much CC. There should only be a 3 second cc and some roots/slows per class. Like in SWG

Darth-Rammstein
02.11.2013 , 01:47 AM | #5
Idk but by the time your resolve bar finally fills up it's usually too late for you...they need to increase the speed that the resolve bar fills because it's not working very well.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Delidumrul
02.11.2013 , 04:37 AM | #6
long time ago I stopped thinking bout resolve bar. when i get stunned i just stop doing anything, lite a cigarette and w8 while i respawn
while under the pressure of the pvp sometimes u are not aware that ur routed not stunned but it doesnt matter resolve still is a failure imo.

madtycoon
02.11.2013 , 04:41 AM | #7
roots on resolve would be a horrible idea
roots are already very weak and most can randomly dodge/deflected and the ones that can't are cleansable except like sorc knockback

shadows/healing sages can spec into root breaks on sprint
sentinels have camo
vanguards can spec hold the line

Leafy_Bug
02.11.2013 , 04:54 AM | #8
Walls of text over 9000. I am actually shocked someone bothered to read this ....

Technohic
02.11.2013 , 07:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Idk but by the time your resolve bar finally fills up it's usually too late for you...they need to increase the speed that the resolve bar fills because it's not working very well.
I disagree with using SWG as an example from the perspective of the NGE being terribly watered down. If you are referring to pre-NGE, "Dizzy-knockdown." Thats all I need to say.

There has to be a happy medium. Roots and snares are not included because that is part of the control range has right now to balance them against melee, and really outside of sniper, it isn't even enough at the moment. Scoundrels and Ops kind of get the short end of the stick ATM as they do not have a leap or pull to make up for it.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

NoTomorrow
02.11.2013 , 07:38 AM | #10
Adding roots to resolve would require a massive nerf to melee DPS specs to balance it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.