Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Assassin Opener

cycao
02.06.2013 , 12:20 PM | #21
All I know is I never use spike to open as I don't like filling resolve unless I have to. If we had some sort of damage boost for attacking a player which is incapacitated I would be, I just open up with thrash or shock but I play a lot of madness builds so that's just me.

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 12:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Like said before 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. Your opponent uses his cc break and now he can be your bit** for the rest of the fight.

2. He lets you get crushing off dealing and you continue your onslaught.

As it was mentioned it's very situational, but it ends up being a win/win.

And "isolated" fights happen in every warzone so no point in arguing there.
As I've said before, if the sequence is "very situational" it doesn't constitute a normal opening sequence "bad..."

Rynis
02.06.2013 , 12:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
As I've said before, if the sequence is "very situational" it doesn't constitute a normal opening sequence "bad..."
Oh I think I see what you're saying. Like in the starting mid of a civil you wouldn't really open with that rotation which I totally agree with.

But if we're talking about mid battle there are so many "openers"...I could open with an assassinate if the target is sub 30, or a spike if mid heal to interupt.

So IMO the main topic should be taken as a 1v1 situation. Inb4wzareobjectivebased...I know lol.
<Poos>

Xethis
02.06.2013 , 06:05 PM | #24
Oh Waka, you make me laugh. Assassin is my main and have been pvp'n since beta with it and I will say just a couple of things.

First off, there are many many different combinations and rotations you can use and still be successful. What I find with most opponents is I out gear them, or I out skill them, either way there was 20 different ways I could have beat them. Very rarely will you run into a situation where a slight deviation of your rotation is why you won or lost. Its usually a landslide either way.

Some people use their CC to ensure they get their damage rotations going, some use their CC to mitigate damage from opponents. Personally I do not like opening with Spike because I like to keep their resolve bar as empty as possible for some timely Low Slashes and our 4 second stun. I like to try and use cc to prevent their set up and burst.

Mostly I run the Wakajinn spec and I just open up with DF, Shock, and Discharge. By the time they realize that they are getting nuked I can use my CC for Mauls and prevent them from turning the tables. I find that when I open with Spike not only does it fill their resolve but they also go into to reaction mode. When someone is stunned or cc'd on an opener they will usually respond with some cc of their own with a knock back or stun. But when I open with some burst they tend to try and go into their rotations and it is usually too late when they realize how much damage they are taking.

Cowflab
02.06.2013 , 06:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Oh I think I see what you're saying. Like in the starting mid of a civil you wouldn't really open with that rotation which I totally agree with.

But if we're talking about mid battle there are so many "openers"...I could open with an assassinate if the target is sub 30, or a spike if mid heal to interupt.

So IMO the main topic should be taken as a 1v1 situation. Inb4wzareobjectivebased...I know lol.
I agree, which is why I was saying what I did. Apparently posting a guide and YouTube videos is justification for "some" to act like jerks and argue semantics though.

WickedImage
02.07.2013 , 02:44 AM | #26
Spike is not a great way to open on your target. Jarring strike, yes.....Spike? No.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

JP_Legatus
02.07.2013 , 04:02 AM | #27
Spike open is pretty much situational. Just weigh the resolve bar against a full global and a 0.5 second lead on the next global. Sometimes you don't need to worry about filling their resolve and others (huttball) you do.

Crushing after low slash is a pretty good idea too since you'd never get it off otherwise and you might pressure them into a cc breaker, which any time you force a cc breaker with a low slash you've pretty much won.

The matchup and situation is probably the determining factor for both these moves.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Lord_O_Death_Joe
02.08.2013 , 06:37 PM | #28
This might be the best Sin arguement on tactics I have seen on these forums.

I am lvl 41 and just about to get spike, so I was wondering if I should plan to open with it and change my normal rotation to hope to lure out a CC breaker, or stick with my normal style. This was helpful. Seems like it would be a useful openner to disrupt a fringe healer or perhaps claim a node against a solo guard, something I do a LOT in WZ. Perhaps I will add it to my list.

Anyway, on a completely different note since everyone seems to have an oppinion, does anyone else occasionally use mind trap on a solo oppenient to force a CC? Maul against a mind-trapped foe seems to give me an extra damage spec since I currently don't have more than 1 bind. Just wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not...
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

Philelectric
02.10.2013 , 09:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_O_Death_Joe View Post
This might be the best Sin arguement on tactics I have seen on these forums.

I am lvl 41 and just about to get spike, so I was wondering if I should plan to open with it and change my normal rotation to hope to lure out a CC breaker, or stick with my normal style. This was helpful. Seems like it would be a useful openner to disrupt a fringe healer or perhaps claim a node against a solo guard, something I do a LOT in WZ. Perhaps I will add it to my list.

Anyway, on a completely different note since everyone seems to have an oppinion, does anyone else occasionally use mind trap on a solo oppenient to force a CC? Maul against a mind-trapped foe seems to give me an extra damage spec since I currently don't have more than 1 bind. Just wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not...
I'll go to the point...openning with mind trap is THE WORST OPENNER YOU CAN EVER USE IN THIS GAME IF YOUR GOAL IS TO KILL THE TARGET!!! XD

On a serious note, never ever use mind trap to open a fight. Mind trap is good when you want to slow some1, help a friend to ninja cap with a double mind trap (the defender will break the 1rst one to prevent the cap but you will mind trap again for the win) A good player will never use a CC breaker on a CC like mind trap. Its better to open without mind trap. mind trap give one global CD to the defender to type: ZOMG i need help I is panic cuz WOOHOO a stealther here. And give A LOT of resolve to land only 1 hit

However you can go on the off node to mind trap the defender and he might ask for help BUT because the assassin is a master in the art of trolling the enemy you just go away and fight with your team in a 7vs6 (assuming you control 1 node)

If you want to know what is a good opener (imo) you have to consider the damage output vs the resolve filling vs the speed of the damage dealt. because lets be honest, if my opener is 100X saber strike, the damage is going to be higher than Shock+discharge but...a lot slower lol...I guess you got the idea XD

Side note: I killed a pub with saber strike only in The Black hole and this guy was not afk and was trying to fight back. (It was the biggest keyboard turner ever seen in the MMO history, I mean a keyboard turner would call him a keyboard turner) I've never attacked this guy again. It was funny the 1rst time but...yeah not anymore
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

bbare
02.10.2013 , 09:21 PM | #30
Open with discharge or voltaic slash. Its that simple. Spike isn't very good in deception. At least discharge can get you some good damage off the bat. You should never use crushing darkness. It wastes way too much force and only had use pre 1.2 when dots stopped node capping.
The Vanity Legacy