Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Soresu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Lightsaber Forms- Soresu

GarfieldJL
02.09.2013 , 02:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalrenan View Post
I think that though Soresu indeed could be prone to be outpowered by a more agressive form like Shien or Juyo, that approach only takes in account the battle by itself. From what I remember, most Soresu practitioners tried to reason with their opponents and end the fight.

From there I think it comes the conception that a Soresu master is near invincible. It's really hard to defeat someone if in the end you join him.

Spoiler
People need to realize that Shien in some ways is a spinoff of Sorseu, it added the element of redirecting fire back at your opponents, Sorseu was used to develop Shien (along with a few other saber forms).

fellblade
02.10.2013 , 06:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalrenan View Post
I think that though Soresu indeed could be prone to be outpowered by a more agressive form like Shien or Juyo, that approach only takes in account the battle by itself. From what I remember, most Soresu practitioners tried to reason with their opponents and end the fight.

From there I think it comes the conception that a Soresu master is near invincible. It's really hard to defeat someone if in the end you join him.

Spoiler
Well, in the Jedi Path book: it does say that the attacks of the Juyo form can eviscerate an opponent's defenses - Even the blocks of a Form III master.

Also I speculate that Makashi is a good form to use against Soresu as well - because of the mechanics of the style....
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.