Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZRated
02.02.2013 , 06:41 PM | #121
I would have to agree as this being simply an add-on. I played CoH for nearly 10yrs.... This new planet is simply a new zone..... On CoH, new zones were part of the sub...... As well as the content associated with the new zone.

When CoH had an actual expansion you paid for it.... but it was an entire new "section" with 5 new zones, story line, and of course content.

There is a big difference between an add-on and an expansion when you are asking for people's money.,....
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

LodSock
02.04.2013 , 12:29 PM | #122
That video showed a whole lot of nothing.

Sarrosh
02.04.2013 , 05:23 PM | #123
I love this game. I'm not buying this "expansion".

I play this game for the character storylines. They aren't continuing so, sadly, I will most likely stop playing.

DarthSabreth
02.05.2013 , 03:15 AM | #124
looks great i cant wait to play it
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Beniboybling
02.05.2013 , 03:58 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarrosh View Post
I love this game. I'm not buying this "expansion".

I play this game for the character storylines. They aren't continuing so, sadly, I will most likely stop playing.
Chucking money at them is probably the best way to ensure new expansions, and therefore character storylines. So if you want that to continue, I'd buy it. I get the idea that Chapter 4 is in the works as developers have been talking about new story, but I doubt it will be produced if BioWare simply aren't making enough money.

macabdul
02.05.2013 , 08:43 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by ZRated View Post
I would have to agree as this being simply an add-on. I played CoH for nearly 10yrs.... This new planet is simply a new zone..... On CoH, new zones were part of the sub...... As well as the content associated with the new zone.

When CoH had an actual expansion you paid for it.... but it was an entire new "section" with 5 new zones, story line, and of course content.

There is a big difference between an add-on and an expansion when you are asking for people's money.,....
10 years? You played CoH for 10 years. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004 and in Europe (by NCsoft Europe) on February 4, 2005 with English, German and French language servers so you played at most 8 years, but i agree with your sentiments, CoH did expansions properly.

ZRated
02.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by macabdul View Post
10 years? You played CoH for 10 years. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004 and in Europe (by NCsoft Europe) on February 4, 2005 with English, German and French language servers so you played at most 8 years, but i agree with your sentiments, CoH did expansions properly.
I round it to 10 since I can't remember the year it came out haha....either way...it is a log time to be dedicated to playing a video game....and there is a reason why.... it's called lasting appeal. They were constantly adding new power sets, content, zones, rewards, classes, etc. etc. Not only that, they were addressing issues and bugs and keeping the player community updated as to what they were doing via the forums. The devs actually were active on the forums nearly every day....as well as in-game appearances. One of the devs "Synapse" used to actually go on SF and TF runs with our guild and other guilds once a week.....

I think that because the devs played the game with us, they were able to see it first hand. To me that is a company dedicated to their product. And the fact that the creators kept to their one game.... When you had an in-game issue and asked for a GM.... usually within 5-10mins a rep would appear in the game to see what's going on and report the bug.

Content keeps players.... CoH/CoV's biggest mistake was going F2P and the revamp of PvP..... It was a downward spiral from there....that, and the fact they tried to put another game on the market and all attention focused on that..... When the good content went away.... so did the subbers....and the game went off the air this last November.
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

Theguffin
02.10.2013 , 04:20 PM | #128
So will this come out before I am completely bored with this game? It's all fine and well but a little expediance goes a long way.. I won't be waiting till summer or late spring.

Theguffin
02.10.2013 , 04:22 PM | #129
By the way you cannot call this a free to play game and charge people for an expansion. just fyi.

BrianDavion
02.10.2013 , 04:25 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Theguffin View Post
By the way you cannot call this a free to play game and charge people for an expansion. just fyi.
yes they can, every free to play MMO does the same. heck for LOTRO, widely considered the best model, you're realisticly gonna have to pay if you wanna quest beyond level 25