Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide: The Ultimate Raiding Assassin DPS Compository!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
PvE Guide: The Ultimate Raiding Assassin DPS Compository!

THEFERRARICARGUY
02.06.2013 , 02:51 PM | #21
Updated the thread to include the lightning bit. Thanks for the bump, it's much appreciated!

LastWizard
02.06.2013 , 06:22 PM | #22
Good post but your madness spec, and rotation need a bit of a rework.
7/3/31 gives a higher damage output and I find opening with deathfield gives better dps. Even though the madness could use some more info, however the deception is perfect. Couldnt have done it better myself. Great job.

THEFERRARICARGUY
02.06.2013 , 07:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
Good post but your madness spec, and rotation need a bit of a rework.
7/3/31 gives a higher damage output and I find opening with deathfield gives better dps. Even though the madness could use some more info, however the deception is perfect. Couldnt have done it better myself. Great job.
I'm not discrediting your idea, but I take the extra armor/sprint/trinket because as you know, we're very squishy dps and it helps our mobility on many boss fights (Dread Guards, Operator IX, Kephess (TFB), ETC.) Plus the 9% lightsaber charges talent only adds an additional 9 dps or so during raids, and trashing blades is pretty much the same too, If i had to pass up better survivability (Helps a lot when you're the dps taking DD on NiM EC Tanks) for just a tiny bit more dps, I wouldn't, I honestly think the tradeoff is too great in a realistic raid setting.

THEFERRARICARGUY
02.06.2013 , 07:10 PM | #24
Also forgot to mention, Madness rotation has been updated to a higher dps rotation.

LastWizard
02.07.2013 , 12:41 AM | #25
I gotcha. I don't worry about surviving to be honest. It's not my job to survive, honestly that's the healers and tanks job. 6% can add up to me. I sacrifice all defense for more powah lol.

THEFERRARICARGUY
02.07.2013 , 01:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
I gotcha. I don't worry about surviving to be honest. It's not my job to survive, honestly that's the healers and tanks job. 6% can add up to me. I sacrifice all defense for more powah lol.
heh. I see what you're saying but it's hard to keep everybody topped off on fights like the dread guard (seriously, theres so much dmg going around in this fight, it's a total ***** to heal) I would take the survivability but that's just me.

Hard_Head
02.07.2013 , 07:24 PM | #27
I've got a Madness Sin 7/3/31 build. 2128 willpower 894 force bonus damage; 1219 melee damage. 34% crit 80% surge. All 26 armor, mods, enhancements with power surge enhancements, power surge mods. I just spent a ton buying a 27 hilt, 2 27 armors, 2 27 enhancements.

I'm going off the best I can on the OPS training dummy keeping all DOTs up DF on CD, etc.. I can't seem to manage much more than 1450 sustained DPS.

Any suggestions or is this where I should be with those stats? I hear people talking about 1700 sustained DPS which is 1/3 more than I'm able to put out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

THEFERRARICARGUY
02.08.2013 , 11:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard_Head View Post
I've got a Madness Sin 7/3/31 build. 2128 willpower 894 force bonus damage; 1219 melee damage. 34% crit 80% surge. All 26 armor, mods, enhancements with power surge enhancements, power surge mods. I just spent a ton buying a 27 hilt, 2 27 armors, 2 27 enhancements.

I'm going off the best I can on the OPS training dummy keeping all DOTs up DF on CD, etc.. I can't seem to manage much more than 1450 sustained DPS.

Any suggestions or is this where I should be with those stats? I hear people talking about 1700 sustained DPS which is 1/3 more than I'm able to put out. It just doesn't make sense to me.
You have WAY too much surge, and not enough accuracy, and I'm assuming that your stats aren't buffed, but you don't want to use high willpower or high endurance mods, use the ones with high power/crit, aim for 37% crit buffed, and use 2 dread guard relics too.

LastWizard
02.10.2013 , 06:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard_Head View Post

You can do it his way. I prefer to run 30% crit. Force Bonus damage is way too low. My primary damage reaches 1379. Power with madness works great. Deception you need a balance of crit and power. Also whats your rotation?
Ptki-d-Pro-Op
-Fr Multi Spec Assassin
Many of you stumble blindly without someone to hold your leash, bow to me and I may give you purpose.

Hard_Head
02.11.2013 , 01:29 PM | #30
Rotation is: death field, creeping T, discharge, slash until crushing D or exploit weakness procs. I've tried including shock in the rotation to keep the crit proc up but it doesn't seem to add any DPS and it uses a ton of force. I keep DF, CT and discharge on CD at all times. I'll wait to use the crushing D proc if DF is almost ready. I can't see where the rotation is lacking. I'd really like to see what the DPS is if I could throw in assassinate for the final minute since that becomes a major part of the rotation when the mob is <30%. Obviously the training dummy won't let me use that.