Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Novarre cap before gates down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Novarre cap before gates down?

jjmartin
02.09.2013 , 07:48 PM | #1
I haven't seen this one before, but it just happened in a wz.

Screenshot shows them capping south before the game starts - both side nodes are unclaimed.

Here's the link, don't know how to post pics in thread here. LINK

If any CS person cares to investigate, it was about 5:30pm PST, you can probably track it down based on the player names.

cashogy_reborn
02.09.2013 , 08:01 PM | #2
did you submit a ticket? they usually do not pay attention to these kinds of reports on the forums, and prefer people to submit tickets reporting specific incidents.

definitely something fishy going on there, either a teleport hack or a speed hack cranked up to 11
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 08:24 PM | #3
Like cash said, you need to file a ticket, but man that's pretty ridiculously blatant.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

DarthRaika
02.09.2013 , 08:51 PM | #4
Twice now I have seen someone accidentally get outside of our base before the game starts. Both of these times the guy didn't go to the node even though a couple people asked them to haha.

My best guess is someone figured out how to do that or they just accidentally got out there and decided to go for it. If it is the latter then I'd just laugh it off but its hard to know.

JowyyKazza
02.09.2013 , 09:04 PM | #5
i actually am aware of how to do this ive seen ppl do it and ive put in a bug report on what is involved, so hopefully it gets looked at
Jowyykazza of Valcyn/SWG
Jowyy of Canderous Ordo
I operate the fans.....OR WAS I PUSHED?!

NogueiraA
02.09.2013 , 09:31 PM | #6
News: Republic playing pre-mades with a scoundrel healer!!

Philelectric
02.09.2013 , 10:13 PM | #7
Once I was climbing everywhere in the spawn before the game start and happened to go outside the spawn. I could have capped at least 2 nodes before the begenning lol BUT I saw one player of the other team in the same situation and this guy was gdoing it on purpose lol and I killed him XD
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Tamanous
02.09.2013 , 10:20 PM | #8
Now that be a speed hack for sures.

Tamanous
02.09.2013 , 10:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
Once I was climbing everywhere in the spawn before the game start and happened to go outside the spawn. I could have capped at least 2 nodes before the begenning lol BUT I saw one player of the other team in the same situation and this guy was gdoing it on purpose lol and I killed him XD
It amazes me that Bioware never learns. This same issue occurred on Voidstar at launch. It is an amazingly easy fix. They just have to place invisible walls far higher than any player can reach around the spawn. Other games do it ... tons of them.

yauhen_pt
02.10.2013 , 09:36 AM | #10
the walls will not help, this is known exploit, a player can bypass the resp door. it was reported a plenty times.
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative