Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 v 1 Champions Tournament Official Sign-up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
1 v 1 Champions Tournament Official Sign-up

xIphonex
02.09.2013 , 03:54 PM | #1
Hey it's Chukles again. Just going to say looks like we're going to have a good turnout for this event. I'm actually here to post the rules. For everyone that signed up already on my previous thread I will be putting together a bracket. The other thing is if your still interested in doing this, comment on this updated thread or mail me on Chukles/Verdus or mail Spliffy.

Date:
2/23/13 at (5 SERVER TIME)

Place:
Narshadda Promenade

Buy-in:

Tournament Format:
Double Elimination

Rules:
1) Screw it I am going back to my original rule no sap healing. If you don't like it I don't care. More people have said they don't want sap healing than people who have said they do.
2) Medpacs are usable.
3) No grenades.
4) No adrenals of any kind.
5) No clickly relics, for ex. (dreadguard boundless ages relic)
6) Respecing is allowed.
7) Last minute rule no intercedes to duelers!!!

That pretty much sums it up, remember have fun and there will be lots of credits to be earned!

Spliffy-TreesOG
02.09.2013 , 04:06 PM | #2
Spliffy will be there!

PeteyLo
02.09.2013 , 04:41 PM | #3
No sapping, and healing up?
No medpacs...
No thanks

Please reconsider rule 1.
"One Insanus to rule them all, one Insanus to find them, one Insanus to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
F*** the free world. Long Live Bantle! Don't forget Smoochie, and have you seen Indianguy?

Archiah
02.09.2013 , 04:58 PM | #4
Might want to consider a sign up deadline (for your own sanity in making the brackets) and a break down for the prize money. Also folks mentioned multiple registration previously (alts).

Ajhure will attend.
[CENTER]Razhure
? ? ?

totenalles
02.09.2013 , 05:34 PM | #5
Aint nothin bein said about intercedes, so hell yea im in.

-Blackmann
Blackmann: 50 Immortal Warrior
...like, 4 or 5 other blackmanns...or 6
Yea, im black...

Asunasan
02.09.2013 , 06:01 PM | #6
About rule 1. I assume you mean no OOC 15 second channeled heal. I won't be DQed for sapping then casting heals on myself as a scoundrel right? Also what was the reasoning for it in the first place? The other 3 could have gone either way and made sense but that seems like it was just pulled out of thin air. Doesn't really bother me, but it is a nerf to stealth classes and a bigger nerf to shadows (who can't cast heals on themselves) specifically.

xIphonex
02.09.2013 , 06:39 PM | #7
I changed the rules.

Spliffy-TreesOG
02.09.2013 , 06:55 PM | #8
I don't want to allow people to sap someone and then use their healing ability infront of them, this duel will then be won by stealthies regardless and that move is a ***** move.. so what if it's an ability that shadows/scoundrels have it's unfair to the other classes and leaves a huge imbalance. If you can't win a duel without having to heal yourself back up to 100% through a cheap tactic you aren't dueling fairly. I don't want these duels becoming a "Oh he's kicking my *** and I saw him use his stun breaker so I have to ***** out and sap him just to stand a chance"... really?

Chukles please don't change that rule. Make it fair for every class not catered to stealthes using unfair tactics.

Spliffy-TreesOG
02.09.2013 , 06:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
About rule 1. I assume you mean no OOC 15 second channeled heal. I won't be DQed for sapping then casting heals on myself as a scoundrel right? Also what was the reasoning for it in the first place? The other 3 could have gone either way and made sense but that seems like it was just pulled out of thin air. Doesn't really bother me, but it is a nerf to stealth classes and a bigger nerf to shadows (who can't cast heals on themselves) specifically.
No asuna, if you threw your flashbang and started casting your underworld medicine I feel that would be acceptable. using a stun breaker at the appropriate time against a self healing class is vital to win. However if you used your re stealth ability, sleep darted them and started using your recuperate than you should be DQ'ed for that isn't fair towards everyone else or others that can't stealth and use that tactic.

PeteyLo
02.09.2013 , 07:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Spliffy-TreesOG View Post
No asuna, if you threw your flashbang and started casting your underworld medicine I feel that would be acceptable. using a stun breaker at the appropriate time against a self healing class is vital to win. However if you used your re stealth ability, sleep darted them and started using your recuperate than you should be DQ'ed for that isn't fair towards everyone else or others that can't stealth and use that tactic.

Because that is so different than sap seething lol
"One Insanus to rule them all, one Insanus to find them, one Insanus to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
F*** the free world. Long Live Bantle! Don't forget Smoochie, and have you seen Indianguy?