Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Beslley
02.08.2013 , 01:03 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
You can't just "take away the lightsaber." It's part of the equation. The Warrior uses the Force just as much as the Inquisitor, but in more subtle ways, obviously: strengthening attacks, improving defense and, of course, the ever-useful Force Choke. The Inquisitor is certainly more flashy, but he's also pretty much a one-trick pony: lightning, lightning, lightning. Of course, in the actual lore, we know that the delineations of class as a game construct mean absolutely nothing.

Malgus was capable of incredible feats of strength when he allowed the Dark Side to fully take him. Kao Cen Darach was very likely Malgus' better in melee combat, having many years of experience, and he was able to not only hold off two Sith at once, but actually strike down one of them. When Malgus finally got pissed off, that's when his true power came out, and he pretty much shrugged aside everything the Jedi threw at him.

The warrior isn't just some guy who picks up a lightsaber and gets pretty good with it. He's actively using the Dark Side (or, I guess just the Force to be inclusive of Light-side Warriors) in combat. That's why the resource is called "Rage." The warrior's rage fuels his use of the Force. You can't simply count him out because he "just uses a lightsaber."

For the debate at hand, I'd side with the Emperor's Wrath. The Emperor's not a moron. He's going to make sure that his Wrath is the most skilled combatant in the Empire. I'll take that over a Sith whose power depends on the continued support of Force Spirits who are no longer bound to do his bidding and can depart at any time they want.
I kept my ghosts >:3 BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.
Anyway, if we are talking DS Nox I don't think he/she would just let those ghosts go. And I assume Nox could get more if he/she wanted.

That being said I'd have a hard time believing that the Emperor's Wrath wouldn't be able to take out a Dark Council member if they had to. I mean, it's kind of in the job description. Wouldn't be much of a right-hand man if you couldn't keep those pesky sith in line!

I could totally see Nox being all sneaky with their ghostbusting and get all lolpowerful enough to take out Wrath if they really wanted to, but I think atm that Wrath > Nox. The fight would probably be a close one though.

EDIT: g-h-o-s-t-i-e-s ended up being censored for some reason. wat.
I WAS TRYING TO BE CUTE, CONSARN IT
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

JacenHallis
02.08.2013 , 04:47 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
I kept my ghosts >:3 BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.
Anyway, if we are talking DS Nox I don't think he/she would just let those ghosts go. And I assume Nox could get more if he/she wanted.
Adding more would probably reintroduce the problem that was fixed by Chapter 3. You're supposed to bind/pact with only one spirit at a time. The reassembly and heal ritual fixed the Inquisitor's current problem, but there's no guarantee that trying to stretch it again would remain safe. In fact, I'd think he'd just have to do it all over again.

I told my spirits they had to stay, but one left anyway (Ashara's ancestor, if I recall correctly), as the contract was fulfilled, and he didn't feel like sticking around. Most did, though, thinking hanging out with me was better than sitting in some tomb somewhere.

Even with the backing of three spirits, though, I'd still go with the Wrath. As you said, it's in his very job description. Sometimes, the Wrath has to purge the entire council. Difficult as it may be, it's going to get done.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Chaloss
02.09.2013 , 01:10 AM | #93
You all assume first of all there is someone clearly more powerful than rest and second that emperor (or the hand) would know that individual. Also there might be loyalty questions or preference of not making member of Dark Council Wrath. I would not dare to call Darth Marr clearly inferior to neither Darth Nox or Wrath for example. When I played Warrior I do not remember ever been called most powerful of all. When I played SI (light side) I do not remember being called that either. Both are remarkable individuals with different paths and adversaries.

EDIT: Speaking of choosing Wrath -- when wrath was chosen SI still had to fix the ghost problem and therefor totally unsuited for Wrath duties.

AshlaBoga
02.09.2013 , 01:52 AM | #94
Adding more would probably reintroduce the problem that was fixed by Chapter 3. You're supposed to bind/pact with only one spirit at a time. The reassembly and heal ritual fixed the Inquisitor's current problem, but there's no guarantee that trying to stretch it again would remain safe. In fact, I'd think he'd just have to do it all over again.

I told my spirits they had to stay, but one left anyway (Ashara's ancestor, if I recall correctly), as the contract was fulfilled, and he didn't feel like sticking around. Most did, though, thinking hanging out with me was better than sitting in some tomb somewhere.

Even with the backing of three spirits, though, I'd still go with the Wrath. As you said, it's in his very job description. Sometimes, the Wrath has to purge the entire council. Difficult as it may be, it's going to get done.
Three spirits? I have 4 spirits inside me, I ate the dead Voss Mystic
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 08:03 AM | #95

Know what happened to the last Wrath? They died. So no matter what their job description may be, they have and can fail. Emporer may be this big powerful Sith, but he managed to stay alive how? That's right, the same way Yoda and Obi Wan did...by being a spirit

GhostDrone
02.09.2013 , 08:10 AM | #96
Nox has this down.

Why?

Because the Wrath would die of unstoppable laughter at Nox's choice of apparel.

Case and point: http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...si_stalker.jpg
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

JacenHallis
02.09.2013 , 05:54 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Know what happened to the last Wrath? They died. So no matter what their job description may be, they have and can fail. Emporer may be this big powerful Sith, but he managed to stay alive how? That's right, the same way Yoda and Obi Wan did...by being a spirit
The previous Wrath resigned his position, actually, by siding with the Jedi Knight character. The Emperor has stayed alive through Sith alchemy.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 07:22 PM | #98
The previous Wrath resigned his position, actually, by siding with the Jedi Knight character. The Emperor has stayed alive through Sith alchemy.
I worded that wrong. I figure (and could be wrong) that there have been multiple wraths. Has there only been two? Scourge and the Sith Warrior?

Still, I'd put the money on the Inquisitor over the Wrath.

For one thing, Inquisitor had the tougher opponent to beat. Baras was nothing compared to defeating Thanaton in game, if we're going to go by gameplay mechanics.

Storyline wise, Inquisitor survives all that punishement and still came out on top. And I don't know about anyone else, but my LS SI still kept the spirits, except for the one she had a contract with, and one of those was the Voss Mystic

Then let's look at the continuing storyline. Wrath goes about enforcing the Emporers will. Inquisitor goes about gaining more power by collecting artifacts for the Sith, but being the awesome Sith we know the Inquisitor is, that means picking and choosing which ones you keep for yourself and which you give to the Sith Empire to fight over

JacenHallis
02.09.2013 , 09:38 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I worded that wrong. I figure (and could be wrong) that there have been multiple wraths. Has there only been two? Scourge and the Sith Warrior?
Scourge was the previous one, though I don't know for certain if the position was created for him. I believe it was, though.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

OldVengeance
02.09.2013 , 09:55 PM | #100
Scourge says that he was the only Emperor's Wrath ever at the time of his assignment.