Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Undercutting

Aragorrius
02.09.2013 , 07:35 AM | #1
Hey there people,

Most of you know me either because I post idiotic **** on these forums, cause I'm the GuildMaster of Floor Inspectors or because I have a thread about crafting endgame stuff for free.

Now there's something that's bugging me a lot.

GTN Undercutting.
Every since the GTN allows people to remove their offers almost without cost I've seen an increase in people continuously undercutting others.. this has led to a MAJOR drop in prices for some stuff, but it also leads to a highly fluctuating market, where items cost hundreds of thousands of credits more or less in matter of hours.

Now I've been so annoyed with it lately that for everytime someone undercut me for 1000k I'd undercut again for 50.000k afterwards.

this may not be the right approach, but I want to beg (even though I know it's USELESS) people.. PLEASE sell your stuff at a Market Conform price and stop undercutting each other... instead of selling more, we are just ruining our own market.

I know this is in vain.. and I'm stupid to try.. but I cannot help myself.

see what comes of it.
Guild - Floor Inspectors // Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd //
55 Marauder - Aragorias // // 55 Operative - Supersail // 55 Juggernaut - Sazed // 55 Assassin - Jennyfred // 55 Chiss Merc - Aragorius // 45 Mirialan Sith Sorc - Fredo'Paawn etc

Evolixe
02.09.2013 , 08:02 AM | #2
Some prices for items are stupid anyway. Keep the undercutting coming.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

KeeferE
02.09.2013 , 08:09 AM | #3
The under cutting is what the GTN needs ATM... Some of the prices on items is stupidly over priced.. If people sold their items at a more realistic price the whole economy of the game might just balance out some.. Just my opinion...
Rage Quitters never Win...

Masarko
02.09.2013 , 08:39 AM | #4
PvE problems

fuskr
02.09.2013 , 09:32 AM | #5
650k for 27 armorings, luv it!

Aragost
02.09.2013 , 10:37 AM | #6
...Welcome to markets?
Fréd - Supersinofdoom
Lolà - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom

Aragorrius
02.09.2013 , 02:54 PM | #7
I guess...

However.. I have not found anything on GTN that is not around COST price.. which means.. there is no profit..
and a good economy is driven by profit.

When the Deposit for putting stuff up was higher there was less fluctuation..

but yeah I guess this is just how things are..
Guild - Floor Inspectors // Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd //
55 Marauder - Aragorias // // 55 Operative - Supersail // 55 Juggernaut - Sazed // 55 Assassin - Jennyfred // 55 Chiss Merc - Aragorius // 45 Mirialan Sith Sorc - Fredo'Paawn etc

Debaucher
02.11.2013 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragorrius View Post
I guess...

However.. I have not found anything on GTN that is not around COST price.. which means.. there is no profit..
and a good economy is driven by profit.

When the Deposit for putting stuff up was higher there was less fluctuation..

but yeah I guess this is just how things are..
Some might argue a good economy is driven by equilibrium. This means no profit.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA ITEM SELLS YOU tbh.
Aolyn, Scoundrel Healer.
Occasional Scrapper!

Coral

Unrestrained-
02.11.2013 , 07:43 AM | #9
The person who put up ****loads of Advanced Might Augment 22s for 35k a pop needs to read this thread and learn.
Furíous & Limitlêss
<Vis Fatalis>
Älasti
<Harbinger>

Aragost
02.11.2013 , 08:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Unrestrained- View Post
The person who put up ****loads of Advanced Might Augment 22s for 35k a pop needs to read this thread and learn.
Just looked and seen, I dont know might augs, but I know power augments are usually around 50-60K each so i'm assuming the same?

The problem isnt the guy who suddenly undercuts everyone by 25-30%, the problem is the people who lower their prices to compete with them. Instead of 1person selling at stupid prices, you end up with 6/7 at the same price where nobody is making any profit.

A much better solution is when 1guy undercuts everyone by such a big margin, somebody simply buys them all up and puts them back for sale in line with current market prices, both propping the market back up and making a quick profit with no time invested.
Fréd - Supersinofdoom
Lolà - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom