Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.09.2013 , 08:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Larity View Post
if they actually get this going

Lets hope they actually finish this one and we dont have to mod it to add in all the content that actually makes sense.
Lol yeah, lets hope Lucasarts learnt there lesson - don't rush perfection!

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.09.2013 , 10:56 AM | #12
Great to see Obsidian making a new game for Star Wars. Sad to see that it's not KOTOR 3, but, hey, it's a new Star Wars game. It's going to be great.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
02.09.2013 , 02:04 PM | #13
To be honest, even though the Old Republic period is great, rich with characters and lore and all; i honestly miss the good ol' time period everyone instantly recognizes and loves.

Between this mystery game and Star Wars 1313, it'll be a breath of fresh air to come back to the original setting.

Who knows, maybe they even provide closure to what happened to Mace Windu. As unrealistic and silly as it may be, i hope he survived that fall and somehow makes it or is at least mentioned in this new RPG.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.09.2013 , 03:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
To be honest, even though the Old Republic period is great, rich with characters and lore and all; i honestly miss the good ol' time period everyone instantly recognizes and loves.

Between this mystery game and Star Wars 1313, it'll be a breath of fresh air to come back to the original setting.

Who knows, maybe they even provide closure to what happened to Mace Windu. As unrealistic and silly as it may be, i hope he survived that fall and somehow makes it or is at least mentioned in this new RPG.
Agreed, apart from that last part. I just don't think Windu has anything more to give.

GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
02.09.2013 , 04:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Agreed, apart from that last part. I just don't think Windu has anything more to give.
Well, i guess i can still hope one day the prequels get a remake and someone does Mace justice (Including a lot of other characters).

Deep down inside i hope for Wesley Snipes to play him in some way, shape or form. He's got a huge amount of experience with martial arts, sword fighting (You definitely know what i'm talking about if you've seen all the Blade movies. Especially the final fight of Blade 1).

He'd fit the role like a glove, in my opinion. (Except maybe keep some hair on him for effect).

I've strayed off topic long enough now though, lol.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Cavell's Avatar


Cavell
02.10.2013 , 01:20 AM | #16
I feel the exact opposite. The Original and Prequel Trilogy eras have been explored more than enough. It seems like half the EU is devoted to, "Oh, and by the way, this ALSO happened," stuff surrounding the movies. I like Boba Fett, Mace Windu, and all the rest as much as the next guy, but when they're in everything, they're oversaturated.

There are thousands of years of untouched history - and future - to explore. I've had quite enough of Vader and his gang, cool as they are. It's time for fresh stories.

Darth__Carnal's Avatar


Darth__Carnal
02.10.2013 , 03:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNwo9uN9ocw

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227372p1.html

Well, it isn't KOTOR 3 but...

It's still a new Star Wars game.

Better yet; it's a Star Wars RPG.

And of course, the developers of KOTOR 2 are working on it.

That is not a good thing...

KOTOR 2 was buggy as f***k !
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

ShadowNessej's Avatar


ShadowNessej
02.10.2013 , 03:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
That is not a good thing...

KOTOR 2 was buggy as f***k !
It was also one of their first games made back in the day. Ever since then they've gathered alot more experience and, for a first attempt that was rushed out, KOTOR 2 turned out pretty well.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
02.10.2013 , 03:40 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowNessej View Post
It was also one of their first games made back in the day. Ever since then they've gathered alot more experience and, for a first attempt that was rushed out, KOTOR 2 turned out pretty well.
Agreed, they had the release date bumped up by several months by Lucasarts, they had to cut out a lot of stuff (and cut out an entire planet), in order to finish the game. Their story was also better than what was seen in KotOR I.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.10.2013 , 04:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
That is not a good thing...

KOTOR 2 was buggy as f***k !
That was only because Lucasarts forced them to rush to meet a December deadline. It was nothing to do with poor ability on Obsidian's part. As long as they have adequate time to make this game, it will be fine.