Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

GhostDrone
02.08.2013 , 05:20 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNwo9uN9ocw

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227372p1.html

Well, it isn't KOTOR 3 but...

It's still a new Star Wars game.

Better yet; it's a Star Wars RPG.

And of course, the developers of KOTOR 2 are working on it.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Draiganx
02.08.2013 , 05:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNwo9uN9ocw

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227372p1.html

Well, it isn't KOTOR 3 but...

It's still a new Star Wars game.

Better yet; it's a Star Wars RPG.

And of course, the developers of KOTOR 2 are working on it.
OLAY! should be great. I think 2013 will become known as the Great Second Re-Wakening of star wars! hahaha, so much stuff is going on O_O

"THE FORCE SHALL SET US FREE!"
Proud CE Owner!

GhostDrone
02.08.2013 , 05:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Draiganx View Post
OLAY! should be great. I think 2013 will become known as the Great Second Re-Wakening of star wars! hahaha, so much stuff is going on O_O
Yeah, the coming years will be very Star Wars heavy, as well.

I imagine this new RPG will be a few years (Maybe 2-3 years. Since it didn't even start development yet.) until it comes out. Then you've also got all the Star Wars movies being announced and worked on.

It's a great feeling, Star Wars making a comeback. Will stop people from forgetting about it in the more distant future, too (Though that is pretty unlikely either way.)
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

BrianDavion
02.08.2013 , 05:48 PM | #4
remember this is at the proposal stage, we're looking at something a few years out, if it even happens

Chim-Lou
02.09.2013 , 04:35 AM | #5
I just hope someone will remember to make a new X-Wing game along the way too. Ever since SWG got shut down, I miss flying around in the classic Star Wars fighters.

MazakMatsura
02.09.2013 , 04:45 AM | #6
Star Wars + Feargus Urquhart + Chris Avellone = Sold!
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Oudomou
02.09.2013 , 05:28 AM | #7
Like it was mentioned above, they are not making anything (yet). It's just a pitch to Disney/Lucasarts.

I would like to see this happen but I wouldn't get my hopes up since Disney has already stated they have no interest in any other than social & mobile games now but you never know. Maybe Mr. Urquhart can convince them.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
King for a day, Batman Forever.

Leonick
02.09.2013 , 06:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
remember this is at the proposal stage, we're looking at something a few years out, if it even happens
Not even that really, they've talked with LucasArts before but have yet to pitch it to them since Disney took over.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

Larity
02.09.2013 , 07:03 AM | #9
if they actually get this going

Lets hope they actually finish this one and we dont have to mod it to add in all the content that actually makes sense.

Beniboybling
02.09.2013 , 08:40 AM | #10
Awesome! I really hope this gets off the ground. If KOTOR II is anything to go by, this will be a great game. Then again, I'm also a little disappointed because this means its unlikely we'll be seeing a KOTOR 3

Seems to me that Star Wars is beginning to focus on that pretty unexplored period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. We've got Star Wars 1313 and the possible Star Wars: Underworld live action series coming up... I wonder what sort of game we'll be seeing here. Are we going to be wielding lightsabers? Blasters? And what will the graphics look like? Something like SWTOR or something more real?

I'm thinking concerning story that you might play one of the few remaining Jedi who survived Order 66 and are fleeing from the Empire (opportunity for light/dark paths here.) But then again, a Jedi's path to rediscovery has kinda been done and done again in KOTOR I and II - so maybe Obsidian will do something different.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be great and I look forward to adding another videogame to my Star Wars collection!