Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Tanks

JoshuaLyons
02.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
It's a good setup, but Rocket Punch shouldn't be increased over Rail Shot, because of the updates from 1.2 or 1.3 depowered Iron Fist. Rail Shot also ignores 60% of armor so all in all it will do more damage. Also you're putting points into Frontline Offense, for a tank that's not needed put it into Advanced Tools because Flame Thrower has less of a cooldown and does great area damaged to all the targets in it, plus 10 seconds less cooldown for Grapple, which is needed a lot. Doing that makes Nueral Overload useless since you can put that point into Flame Surge which is great, if set up the right rotation you can negate 5% of damage for up to 30 seconds to a group and then jump to another area and do it immediately. Also using any PVE armor is a bad idea, just because it gives some nice stats and better armor set abilities, it doesn't have the expertise, which is everything in PVP because you get 20%+ damage reduction which is better than 2% on Defensive chance. Survivability shouldn't depend on your armor, if you have a good healer you will not have to worry about it. You seem more focused on attacks more than the mitigation, pulling and stunning, powertech/vanguard are crowd controllers.

JoshuaLyons
02.08.2013 , 04:05 PM | #12
I think people don't appreciate tanks as much as they should .

#tanklife[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the ranked PVP teams understand, because people start to realize that this guy kept the healer from dying 10x over.

Herocross
02.08.2013 , 04:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I wasn't talking about the total protection numbers, but the possibilities a Guardian has, compared the ones an Assa has ^^ And I simply think, that a push, aoe mezz, friendly charge, non-channeled FS, spammable aoe slow are better than a 2 second Spike or a simple knockback Of course, a good player can reach higher numbers with either class ...

Zoom_VI
02.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaLyons View Post
It's a good setup, but Rocket Punch shouldn't be increased over Rail Shot, because of the updates from 1.2 or 1.3 depowered Iron Fist. Rail Shot also ignores 60% of armor so all in all it will do more damage. Also you're putting points into Frontline Offense, for a tank that's not needed put it into Advanced Tools because Flame Thrower has less of a cooldown and does great area damaged to all the targets in it, plus 10 seconds less cooldown for Grapple, which is needed a lot. Doing that makes Nueral Overload useless since you can put that point into Flame Surge which is great, if set up the right rotation you can negate 5% of damage for up to 30 seconds to a group and then jump to another area and do it immediately. Also using any PVE armor is a bad idea, just because it gives some nice stats and better armor set abilities, it doesn't have the expertise, which is everything in PVP because you get 20%+ damage reduction which is better than 2% on Defensive chance. Survivability shouldn't depend on your armor, if you have a good healer you will not have to worry about it. You seem more focused on attacks more than the mitigation, pulling and stunning, powertech/vanguard are crowd controllers.
I never said i didnt use expertise i have some 1258 expertise i just use rakata shells with the armorings from EWH belts
also while yes rail shot does do more damage it isnt procable with tank tree - it does slighly less damage but you can use it more
also i didnt take the Flame thrower cd reduction as while a good AoE its more resource intensive and isnt used as much as ion pulse and gut - not to mention it seems that every other pulse cannon gets interrupted within the first or second tick.
and you only need the one explosive surge for the 5% damage output reduction and if nessary i can fit another into rotation without compromising resources too bad
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Blasphemerr
02.08.2013 , 07:54 PM | #15
Heh. There are a couple focus guardians running around the bastion in tank stance and if they were to post their damage/protection screenshots i think people would flip out.
Something pretentious.