Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash issue at end of Esseles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crash issue at end of Esseles
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stoofa
12.16.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1
I'm assuming I'm not still the only one who has the crash issue at the end of Esseles - as you get the final hyperspace animation?
It starts, the game crashes...totally. If you're lucky you can relog and as long as there is one person still in you can carry on. Otherwise you lose the whole run.

This was introduced a patch or two ago. It went silent, I've just this moment experienced it again. If I'm the only one - any ideas why?
If I'm not, any ideas when this might get fixed?

Dharnell
12.16.2012 , 07:24 PM | #2
It happens to me at the end of Black Talon, too, sometimes. Dunno if it's Hard Mode only, though.
Bae'lis Dharro - Juggernaut
Raesha Dharro - Assassin
Rhon'dell Dharro - Gunslinger
"Unify to Chest! The cure for the Clones!"

Stoofa
12.16.2012 , 07:59 PM | #3
The "fix" seems to work...that being as soon as I've clicked on the final person we chat with I have to immediately alt-tab out of the game, listen for the sound effects that indicate the hyperspace jump has been completed and then I can alt-tab back in and continue.
But hardly a fix :-)

Mournsigh
12.19.2012 , 04:22 AM | #4
Yep happens to me each and every time, on each Republic Character I have, most recently today and yesterday.

Cerimon
12.19.2012 , 04:44 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Stoofas' workaround is what we are currently advising on this issue. There is a graphical event causing the problem and we are working on preventing this type of crash in an upcoming patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kenderama
02.04.2013 , 05:11 PM | #6
Just fyi - still is broken.
Moonette - Lvl 55 Jedi Sage - Officer of <The Womp Rats> - Shadowlands (R)

Izorii
02.05.2013 , 01:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
The "fix" seems to work...that being as soon as I've clicked on the final person we chat with I have to immediately alt-tab out of the game, listen for the sound effects that indicate the hyperspace jump has been completed and then I can alt-tab back in and continue.
But hardly a fix :-)
Does this only work if someone stays in last time I did this everyone crashed to Windows and the crash semed to happen as soon as I hit my destination (I was the last one) how can I alt tab that qucikly to stop the crash?

OwenBrooks
02.05.2013 , 02:03 AM | #8
Have you tried turning your gfx setting to low just prior and dropping resolution to say 800 x 600 and untick bloom etc and see if you can not crash at this point ?

CommanderKeeva
02.08.2013 , 06:54 PM | #9
This bug is still at large after Tuesday's patch. Crashing in Esseles, Foundry and Black Talon. Has been happening since 1.5 and I'm wondering if it's ever getting fixed.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Tatile
02.08.2013 , 06:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
This bug is still at large after Tuesday's patch. Crashing in Esseles, Foundry and Black Talon. Has been happening since 1.5 and I'm wondering if it's ever getting fixed.
They actually haven't done any maintenance this week or the week before. If there is a fix coming for this bug, they are patching on this coming Tuesday. But that is also the Gree event patch, so likely won't contain any bug fixes.