Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

JackNimbyl

A lightsaber doesn't make the warrior. The force does. Palpa vs Windu, I'm sorry but palpa would win hands down.

The force flows deeper in the inquisitor and with a deeper connection gives more power. The wrath is good, but no match for an inquisitor.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lightsaber doesn't make the warrior. The force does. Palpa vs Windu, I'm sorry but palpa would win hands down.

The force flows deeper in the inquisitor and with a deeper connection gives more power. The wrath is good, but no match for an inquisitor.

actually no, Warrior has much bigger force potential than inquisitor, you can pretty much see it doing class quests when he plays with enemies. even baras said about his superb power inside him. inquisitor pretty much stolen his power with a huge problems. also, what is the most important: Emperor would choose inquisitor instead of Warrior if he was more powerful. just because inquisitor chose to channel his force in a different way than Warrior it means a little - especially considering that Warriors are those who are elite.

Occlus is actually Occules, and Occules means "hide" in latin which makes sence because a light side inquisitor gets the name Occules. Nox is for a dark side inquisitor, and it means "the night". Imperious loosely translated could mean "government" which his for a neutral inquisitor.

No no NO. Why do people keep saying this and spreading this misinformation?

Darth Imperius: LIGHT SIDE. Darth Marr gives you this name "For Serving the Empire."

Darth Nox: DARK SIDE. Darth Marr Gives you this name "For your mastery of the dark side."

Darth Occulus: NEUTRAL. Darth Marr gives you this name because "For Your Inscrutable Reputation." [mysterious, unknown, etc]

There you have it.

Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".

Revan is derived from revanchism (he was called The Revanchist, after all), which is the philosophy that a people should take back by force territories lost to them. This was the philosophy espoused by the Jedi who would come to be known as Revan when he argued that the Jedi should become involved in the Mandalorian Wars.

As to the immortality of the Warrior, I don't think it's happened yet. The ritual involved is more than just waving one's hand around and saying a few nonsensical syllables. It involves Sith alchemy, and it is incredibly painful, as described in Revan. If the warrior ever undergoes this ritual, it will not be glossed over, and we won't have to ask "did we or didn't we?" It will be quite plain that it happened.

On that note, I'd think the Emperor might be hesitant to use the ritual on another Wrath considering that Scourge betrayed him. Scourge is an effectively-immortal enemy who is highly knowledgeable about the Emperor, including his security measures, his actual plans for the galaxy, and so on. It's much easier to control someone who's not going to be able to bide his time for 300 years in order to make a move, if his plan is to do so.

If they ever fight, i think the outcome would not depend on who is stronger in the force.They are both nearly equally strong,maybe the Wrath is a little bit stronger.

The outcome will depend on the aspects of the force they have affinity to.

Malgus,Darth Bane-ish kind of power + lightsaber mastery vs advanced sith sorcery.

But they won't fight.These 2 lead the Sith and the Empire to war vs the jedi and Republic in the coming years in the events after the class quests.

Edited by Kaedusz

Sadly, there are always different grades of immortality.

For example... I forgot which of the Norse gods it was, but nothing could kill him except holly. And Loki slays him with a sprig of holly.

So you can't just say 'Immortals will die with no head!'

It could be 'Immortals will be inconvenienced with no head!'

Or 'Immortals... we can't even cut off their head.'

Baldr, and it was Mistletoe, which was apparently the only living thing that didn't agree to the 'don't kill Baldr' deal the gods arranged with nature. Loki found out about this and used some cheeky trickery to have him shot by an arrow made of the stuff. It's a harbinger of Ragnarok. Also, the Norse lot weren't properly immortal as they had to keep munching these golden apples from the goddess Idunn to retain it. Not sure when it ran out, but they had to keep eating to remain 'immortal'. I also think that it only applies to them being long lived and disease free. I think they can get their heads lobbed off or stabbed just like anyone else, otherwise Ragnorok (end of the gods) would be a fairly meaningless deal.

Anyway, I'm throwing my vote the way of The Wrath, so as to remain slightly on-topic.

No no NO. Why do people keep saying this and spreading this misinformation?

Darth Imperius: LIGHT SIDE. Darth Marr gives you this name "For Serving the Empire."

Darth Nox: DARK SIDE. Darth Marr Gives you this name "For your mastery of the dark side."

Darth Occulus: NEUTRAL. Darth Marr gives you this name because "For Your Inscrutable Reputation." [mysterious, unknown, etc]

There you have it.

Because in Beta, where most of the info was first consolidated, the Light/Neutral titles were reversed.

This is entirely off subject, but since this is the first thread I've come across that is actually name dropping the Darth Nox, I cannot resist pointing this out.

Darth isn't a real word, but it has, over time, taken on the definition of "Dark" or "Dark Lord".

Nox it Latin for "the Night"

Darth Nox = Dark Knight.

S/he is batman.

I burst out laughing.

This is brilliant.

This is entirely off subject, but since this is the first thread I've come across that is actually name dropping the Darth Nox, I cannot resist pointing this out.

Darth isn't a real word, but it has, over time, taken on the definition of "Dark" or "Dark Lord".

Nox it Latin for "the Night"

Darth Nox = Dark Knight.

S/he is batman.

Can't believe I missed this one! Good thing I saw the quote!

I'd say right here is the proof on who would win.

Batman always wins! :p

actually no, Warrior has much bigger force potential than inquisitor, you can pretty much see it doing class quests when he plays with enemies. even baras said about his superb power inside him. inquisitor pretty much stolen his power with a huge problems. also, what is the most important: Emperor would choose inquisitor instead of Warrior if he was more powerful. just because inquisitor chose to channel his force in a different way than Warrior it means a little - especially considering that Warriors are those who are elite.

Knowing how to use your power is important. The only reason the emperor chose the warrior was because of the path. Also what credibility does a dead man have? The force is stronger in darth nox. Martial ability lies with the wrath. If you take a lightsaber away from a warrior you have a fighting machine. You take a lightsaber away from an inquisitor and the fight doesn't really change. The force is the inquisitors primary weapon. Fighting ability belongs to the wrath. In actual combat darth nox would win and the fight wouldn't even be close. Pure strength/martial ability vs deceptive/cunning mindset. Sorry wrath, we all know the devs got the stories wrong ;D.

If you take a lightsaber away from a warrior you have a fighting machine. You take a lightsaber away from an inquisitor and the fight doesn't really change. The force is the inquisitors primary weapon.

You can't just "take away the lightsaber." It's part of the equation. The Warrior uses the Force just as much as the Inquisitor, but in more subtle ways, obviously: strengthening attacks, improving defense and, of course, the ever-useful Force Choke. The Inquisitor is certainly more flashy, but he's also pretty much a one-trick pony: lightning, lightning, lightning. Of course, in the actual lore, we know that the delineations of class as a game construct mean absolutely nothing.

Malgus was capable of incredible feats of strength when he allowed the Dark Side to fully take him. Kao Cen Darach was very likely Malgus' better in melee combat, having many years of experience, and he was able to not only hold off two Sith at once, but actually strike down one of them. When Malgus finally got pissed off, that's when his true power came out, and he pretty much shrugged aside everything the Jedi threw at him.

The warrior isn't just some guy who picks up a lightsaber and gets pretty good with it. He's actively using the Dark Side (or, I guess just the Force to be inclusive of Light-side Warriors) in combat. That's why the resource is called "Rage." The warrior's rage fuels his use of the Force. You can't simply count him out because he "just uses a lightsaber."

For the debate at hand, I'd side with the Emperor's Wrath. The Emperor's not a moron. He's going to make sure that his Wrath is the most skilled combatant in the Empire. I'll take that over a Sith whose power depends on the continued support of Force Spirits who are no longer bound to do his bidding and can depart at any time they want.

I'll take that over a Sith whose power depends on the continued support of Force Spirits who are no longer bound to do his bidding and can depart at any time they want.

assuming the Lore version Darth Noxx didn't adbid to that part of the deal and didn't let the spirts go free and from what i understand the only way to get rid of the spirts is to die or to simply unbind them and noxx could just simply bind them so they don't even have a choice but to stay at his side.

You can't just "take away the lightsaber." It's part of the equation. The Warrior uses the Force just as much as the Inquisitor, but in more subtle ways, obviously: strengthening attacks, improving defense and, of course, the ever-useful Force Choke. The Inquisitor is certainly more flashy, but he's also pretty much a one-trick pony: lightning, lightning, lightning. Of course, in the actual lore, we know that the delineations of class as a game construct mean absolutely nothing.

Malgus was capable of incredible feats of strength when he allowed the Dark Side to fully take him. Kao Cen Darach was very likely Malgus' better in melee combat, having many years of experience, and he was able to not only hold off two Sith at once, but actually strike down one of them. When Malgus finally got pissed off, that's when his true power came out, and he pretty much shrugged aside everything the Jedi threw at him.

The warrior isn't just some guy who picks up a lightsaber and gets pretty good with it. He's actively using the Dark Side (or, I guess just the Force to be inclusive of Light-side Warriors) in combat. That's why the resource is called "Rage." The warrior's rage fuels his use of the Force. You can't simply count him out because he "just uses a lightsaber."

For the debate at hand, I'd side with the Emperor's Wrath. The Emperor's not a moron. He's going to make sure that his Wrath is the most skilled combatant in the Empire. I'll take that over a Sith whose power depends on the continued support of Force Spirits who are no longer bound to do his bidding and can depart at any time they want.

I kept my ghosts >:3 BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.

Anyway, if we are talking DS Nox I don't think he/she would just let those ghosts go. And I assume Nox could get more if he/she wanted.

That being said I'd have a hard time believing that the Emperor's Wrath wouldn't be able to take out a Dark Council member if they had to. I mean, it's kind of in the job description. Wouldn't be much of a right-hand man if you couldn't keep those pesky sith in line!

I could totally see Nox being all sneaky with their ghostbusting and get all lolpowerful enough to take out Wrath if they really wanted to, but I think atm that Wrath > Nox. The fight would probably be a close one though.

EDIT: g-h-o-s-t-i-e-s ended up being censored for some reason. wat.

I WAS TRYING TO BE CUTE, CONSARN IT

Edited by Beslley

I kept my ghosts >:3 BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.

Anyway, if we are talking DS Nox I don't think he/she would just let those ghosts go. And I assume Nox could get more if he/she wanted.

Adding more would probably reintroduce the problem that was fixed by Chapter 3. You're supposed to bind/pact with only one spirit at a time. The reassembly and heal ritual fixed the Inquisitor's current problem, but there's no guarantee that trying to stretch it again would remain safe. In fact, I'd think he'd just have to do it all over again.

I told my spirits they had to stay, but one left anyway (Ashara's ancestor, if I recall correctly), as the contract was fulfilled, and he didn't feel like sticking around. Most did, though, thinking hanging out with me was better than sitting in some tomb somewhere.

Even with the backing of three spirits, though, I'd still go with the Wrath. As you said, it's in his very job description. Sometimes, the Wrath has to purge the entire council. Difficult as it may be, it's going to get done.

You all assume first of all there is someone clearly more powerful than rest and second that emperor (or the hand) would know that individual. Also there might be loyalty questions or preference of not making member of Dark Council Wrath. I would not dare to call Darth Marr clearly inferior to neither Darth Nox or Wrath for example. When I played Warrior I do not remember ever been called most powerful of all. When I played SI (light side) I do not remember being called that either. Both are remarkable individuals with different paths and adversaries.

EDIT: Speaking of choosing Wrath -- when wrath was chosen SI still had to fix the ghost problem and therefor totally unsuited for Wrath duties.

Edited by Chaloss

Adding more would probably reintroduce the problem that was fixed by Chapter 3. You're supposed to bind/pact with only one spirit at a time. The reassembly and heal ritual fixed the Inquisitor's current problem, but there's no guarantee that trying to stretch it again would remain safe. In fact, I'd think he'd just have to do it all over again.

I told my spirits they had to stay, but one left anyway (Ashara's ancestor, if I recall correctly), as the contract was fulfilled, and he didn't feel like sticking around. Most did, though, thinking hanging out with me was better than sitting in some tomb somewhere.

Even with the backing of three spirits, though, I'd still go with the Wrath. As you said, it's in his very job description. Sometimes, the Wrath has to purge the entire council. Difficult as it may be, it's going to get done.

Three spirits? I have 4 spirits inside me, I ate the dead Voss Mystic :p:D_evil:

Know what happened to the last Wrath? They died. So no matter what their job description may be, they have and can fail. Emporer may be this big powerful Sith, but he managed to stay alive how? That's right, the same way Yoda and Obi Wan did...by being a spirit :p

Know what happened to the last Wrath? They died. So no matter what their job description may be, they have and can fail. Emporer may be this big powerful Sith, but he managed to stay alive how? That's right, the same way Yoda and Obi Wan did...by being a spirit :p

The previous Wrath resigned his position, actually, by siding with the Jedi Knight character. The Emperor has stayed alive through Sith alchemy.

The previous Wrath resigned his position, actually, by siding with the Jedi Knight character. The Emperor has stayed alive through Sith alchemy.

I worded that wrong. I figure (and could be wrong) that there have been multiple wraths. Has there only been two? Scourge and the Sith Warrior?

Still, I'd put the money on the Inquisitor over the Wrath.

For one thing, Inquisitor had the tougher opponent to beat. :p Baras was nothing compared to defeating Thanaton in game, if we're going to go by gameplay mechanics.

Storyline wise, Inquisitor survives all that punishement and still came out on top. And I don't know about anyone else, but my LS SI still kept the spirits, except for the one she had a contract with, and one of those was the Voss Mystic :p

Then let's look at the continuing storyline. Wrath goes about enforcing the Emporers will. Inquisitor goes about gaining more power by collecting artifacts for the Sith, but being the awesome Sith we know the Inquisitor is, that means picking and choosing which ones you keep for yourself and which you give to the Sith Empire to fight over ;)