Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Usefull hutball skills need spreading out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Usefull hutball skills need spreading out

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
02.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Other useful Huttball skills:

Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides - Tactics Vanguard/AP Powertech

Hunker Down/Entrench - 'Slinger/Sniper

Rescue/Extracation - Sage/Sorc

Another one I'll mention is DPS Scoundrel/Operatives ability to have a perma speed boost provided they stay out of combat. Not likely in Huttball but it is possible for them to get the ball in mid and move over to the goal pretty quickly by going in and out of stealth. Very situational but still a neat trick to use if you have the chance.
WHAT? This thread was about suggesting useful huttball skills, not listing existing ones. And what the heck is that last paragraph talking about? Moving in and out of stealth with the ball in huttball? If you cloak with the huttball, you lose the ball.

How do you start a sentence by saying "this isn't likely in huttball" and then go on to make up some way smuggler can cloak in and out while carrying the ball, which they can NOT...... Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I do not.

And the only speed buffs scoundrel gets is through their talent trees. It requires a healer build to get 20% movement speed when they use "dodge" (1min cooldown) and another 30% when they use the groin-kick (45sec cooldown). If used together they could get about 4seconds of +50% movement speed. And thats once every minute about. NO IDEA what you're talking about with your last paragraph there. It makes no sense.
WAR & WEAPONS OF WAR
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
5x Season 1 All-star | 7 Year SWG Vet (Bria)

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
02.07.2013 , 03:15 PM | #12
No he is correct. Perma speed boost when out of combat:

Fill in the blanks: S _ r _ _ t

Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
02.07.2013 , 03:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
No he is correct. Perma speed boost when out of combat:

Fill in the blanks: S _ r _ _ t

Oh is this a new fun exploit going around? I'm yet to see this...
Unless you're talking about predation/transcendence LOL
WAR & WEAPONS OF WAR
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
5x Season 1 All-star | 7 Year SWG Vet (Bria)

AltruisticRage's Avatar


AltruisticRage
02.07.2013 , 04:06 PM | #14
If you aren't as skilled at scoring, you may be better suited for controlling mid, which is as important, if not more so, than being better at scoring.

This means, in my opinion, that everyone has a role in Huttball.
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

Jekan's Avatar


Jekan
02.07.2013 , 04:34 PM | #15
This would probably be OP, but it would be nice to be able to put my shield probe on a friendly.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
02.07.2013 , 04:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
Oh is this a new fun exploit going around? I'm yet to see this...
Unless you're talking about predation/transcendence LOL
No man, Sprint....out of combat perma-speed buff......right?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

SageGaspar's Avatar


SageGaspar
02.07.2013 , 07:43 PM | #17
I don't know about balancing Huttball, but that smuggler ability to hide behind your teammate sounds hilarious so they should do it anyway.

Belecfaron's Avatar


Belecfaron
02.07.2013 , 08:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SageGaspar View Post
I don't know about balancing Huttball, but that smuggler ability to hide behind your teammate sounds hilarious so they should do it anyway.
What happens when a premade of four scoundrels choose the same teammate to hide behind and get hit by Smash? The Troll is strong with this one.

Back to topic: I've been thinking that the abilities for instant mobility are fine already, the game doesn't need more of those as it usually brings . See GW1 Factions Assassin class for why instant mobility is stupidly hard to balance. With that in mind, two suggestions:

1. Tone down the range of the leaps to 20m or
2. Give Sorcerors/Mercenaries the ability to take cover with a cooldown, but no further abilities benefiting from or augmenting that cover. It's already in the default keybinds; surely the possibility crossed Bioware's mind? This latter option brings more depth to positioning, movement, and necessitate a new layer of teamwork/coordination.
3. Institute a VGCA system that incorporates specific locations, goals and team roles on the map (learn from Tribes and put a 30s per-person cooldown on it to prevent spam)
Brynhildn Foehammer of Lord Adraas
Agent Carmichael Foehammer
Officer of the Sons of Numenor & Scions of Korriban

ekimmak's Avatar


ekimmak
02.08.2013 , 04:09 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Belecfaron View Post
Back to topic: I've been thinking that the abilities for instant mobility are fine already, the game doesn't need more of those as it usually brings . See GW1 Factions Assassin class for why instant mobility is stupidly hard to balance. With that in mind, two suggestions:

1. Tone down the range of the leaps to 20m or
2. Give Sorcerors/Mercenaries the ability to take cover with a cooldown, but no further abilities benefiting from or augmenting that cover. It's already in the default keybinds; surely the possibility crossed Bioware's mind? This latter option brings more depth to positioning, movement, and necessitate a new layer of teamwork/coordination.
3. Institute a VGCA system that incorporates specific locations, goals and team roles on the map (learn from Tribes and put a 30s per-person cooldown on it to prevent spam)
I really hope that they don't tone down the range. Giving cover to sorcerors doesn't make much sense to me, but I'd rather that than have to deal with a ten metre running race before I can even start fighting back.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
02.08.2013 , 10:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
WHAT? This thread was about suggesting useful huttball skills, not listing existing ones. And what the heck is that last paragraph talking about? Moving in and out of stealth with the ball in huttball? If you cloak with the huttball, you lose the ball.

How do you start a sentence by saying "this isn't likely in huttball" and then go on to make up some way smuggler can cloak in and out while carrying the ball, which they can NOT...... Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I do not.

And the only speed buffs scoundrel gets is through their talent trees. It requires a healer build to get 20% movement speed when they use "dodge" (1min cooldown) and another 30% when they use the groin-kick (45sec cooldown). If used together they could get about 4seconds of +50% movement speed. And thats once every minute about. NO IDEA what you're talking about with your last paragraph there. It makes no sense.
Simmer down guy. So I blanked on the stealth thing for Operatives/Scoundrels. My bad. I've seen a video of an Op running around the fleet going in and out of stealth and using sneak to gain a speed boost.

I was mainly pointing out there are classes that don't have the abilities that were listed in the OP but still have other useful abilities you just have to know when to use them.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech