Xalek Customization Vendor

Dinoviking

Yes, Xalek's customisations come from the Security Key Vendor in the Ilum orbital station. They're two varients on his mask without the horrible beige hood. One is slightly plainer, the other has extra spikes and more war paint. Edited by Bobsy

• 10 months later...
Yes, Xalek's customisations come from the Security Key Vendor in the Ilum orbital station. They're two varients on his mask without the horrible beige hood. One is slightly plainer, the other has extra spikes and more war paint.

The hood would be fine if it would match what he's wearing

• 4 years later...
I can't buy the Xalek customizations. It says they're "not available", like I don't have the requirements or something. But I'm an inquisitor and I literally have Xalek standing right next to me.

If they are from the Security Key vendor, then you have to have a security key attached to your account to buy them.

If they are from the Security Key vendor, then you have to have a security key attached to your account to buy them.

I figured out the problem. I hadn't fired the Silencer yet. Apparently he doesn't "officially" join the party until after that quest. After that, I was able to buy it.

I figured out the problem. I hadn't fired the Silencer yet. Apparently he doesn't "officially" join the party until after that quest. After that, I was able to buy it.

Ah, yes. There are all sorts of things that "guest" companions can't do. That is, companions who have joined your character but are not officially in the crew. The prime examples:

* They can't do crew skill stuff for you, except in-the-field gathering. No crafting, no missions.

* They can get lost under certain conditions, such that you can't get them back and you can't advance your story because you need them around. The most egregious condition was "the patch for 4.0 came out", but there are suggestions that it has happened since.

And apparently you can't buy customisations for them. I didn't know that.

• 2 weeks later...