Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

Flamegeyser
02.06.2013 , 07:27 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Excen View Post
For my light-sided Sith Inquisitor, it has nothing to do with good or evil. Rather, he's more of an honorable warrior type of character (as opposed to the greedy, betraying, power-hungry stereotype). He makes rational, reasonable choices that benefit the Empire or would benefit himself in the future (why kill someone and waste a potential resource when you could recruit them to your side?) To the Sith that challenge him, he has no issue with defeating them in battle, though he would usually prefer to spare them after proving his own strength. As for the Jedi and the Republic, they all die (with a few exceptions) as they are all threats to the Empire.

So yeah, Light V and not a traitor.
I KNOW RIGHT?

God, and sith pride themselves on being pragmatic, Hell naw.

Jedi is stupid, emotions fuel us, the Sith are self centered and with misplaced anger.

The star cabal should have won.

Kotli
02.07.2013 , 09:34 AM | #132
Light side choices make more since in some ways, as such my Sith always ended up more light than dark, unless I pick just for DS or LS points in game. As for Sith VS Jedi it comes down to this IMO Sith have feelings and Jedi are boring lumps of unfeeling stone.

As for Light and Dark we never been told what the force is or how it works, all we are told about is belief system. I believe the force don't really care if your light, dark, grey or a rainbow (some groups in Star Wars universe think its coloured) nor do the types of powers used.

SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 09:38 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotli View Post
Light side choices make more since in some ways, as such my Sith always ended up more light than dark, unless I pick just for DS or LS points in game. As for Sith VS Jedi it comes down to this IMO Sith have feelings and Jedi are boring lumps of unfeeling stone.

As for Light and Dark we never been told what the force is or how it works, all we are told about is belief system. I believe the force don't really care if your light, dark, grey or a rainbow (some groups in Star Wars universe think its coloured) nor do the types of powers used.
To be fair, the Sith think love is a joke. SI may have feelings, but they still teach you certain feelings are weak. When they say Passion, they mean anger, the search for power, causing fear in others. Love for the sake of love is considered a weakness.

Hirilonde
02.07.2013 , 02:47 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
To be fair, the Sith think love is a joke. SI may have feelings, but they still teach you certain feelings are weak. When they say Passion, they mean anger, the search for power, causing fear in others. Love for the sake of love is considered a weakness.
I think part of the issue is that the Jedi and Sith are so utterly polarized.

When Force use first arose on Tython, those who practiced it maintain a careful balance, because the planet was so charged that an imbalance, light or dark, would cause huge Force storms.

Then someone from the Infinite Empire showed up. And Force Wars. And... well, there's a reason why Tython never manages to maintain a permanent population.

In the time of the Cold War, Jedi and Sith are severely polarized. Your choices are to purge all emotion and sever all ties, relationships and attachments, with the ideal to become some detached monk that would have the most severe isolationist sects of today's world saying 'Dude... you need to chill a bit', or become a hate-fueled rage machine, kill all of your ties, relationships and attachments so that they can't be used against you, or at least be sure to betray them before they betray you, and basically become a narcissistic animal, with the ideal to become a galaxy-devouring eldrich abomination.

No wonder after millenia of this sort of extremism, the Force's gag reflex kicked in, and it spawned the Chosen One who handily wiped out BOTH sides, and left the Force users to rebuild without all the traditionalist baggage.

SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 05:50 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirilonde View Post
I think part of the issue is that the Jedi and Sith are so utterly polarized.

When Force use first arose on Tython, those who practiced it maintain a careful balance, because the planet was so charged that an imbalance, light or dark, would cause huge Force storms.

Then someone from the Infinite Empire showed up. And Force Wars. And... well, there's a reason why Tython never manages to maintain a permanent population.

In the time of the Cold War, Jedi and Sith are severely polarized. Your choices are to purge all emotion and sever all ties, relationships and attachments, with the ideal to become some detached monk that would have the most severe isolationist sects of today's world saying 'Dude... you need to chill a bit', or become a hate-fueled rage machine, kill all of your ties, relationships and attachments so that they can't be used against you, or at least be sure to betray them before they betray you, and basically become a narcissistic animal, with the ideal to become a galaxy-devouring eldrich abomination.

No wonder after millenia of this sort of extremism, the Force's gag reflex kicked in, and it spawned the Chosen One who handily wiped out BOTH sides, and left the Force users to rebuild without all the traditionalist baggage.
Which is part of the reason I wish they went the route of after RotJ timeline, instead of TOR.

Not only do we lose out on being able to have items they consider "not in this timeline" but we get stuck with two complete opposites on Force Use.

If this happened after RotJ, we could have both those sides and still have a much better balanced force user.

Yes, you can play that in TOR, but it doesn't quite work out as well imo, with the storyline quests and all. And you can RP your character is trying to bring balance to the force, but you know that's a lost battle.

errant_knight
02.07.2013 , 09:19 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
This isn't entirely true. It may be common, but we see very powerful sith demonstrating or referencing love without shame.

dubiousdude
02.07.2013 , 09:39 PM | #137
Maybe my bias comes from having played light side Pubs, but there is no way I can imagine playing a light side Sith. Just the condecending voice and seemingly phony words of my light side Jedi Consular have forever turned me from playing that role again, either with a Pub or a Sith. Dark side rules!

DAWUSS
02.07.2013 , 10:20 PM | #138
I hope a LS Sith eventually makes its way into SW canon. There's an added dynamic that LS Sith possess that DS Sith and Jedi do not.

SithKoriandr
02.08.2013 , 12:37 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
I hope a LS Sith eventually makes its way into SW canon. There's an added dynamic that LS Sith possess that DS Sith and Jedi do not.
LS Sith feel more like a balance with the force. Sure, they still kill others, but in the SW universe, that's going to happen with anyside of the line.

Ugrah
02.08.2013 , 08:55 AM | #140
What is the point in having LSPs when being sith? I understand bounty hunters and agents, these guys could go any way. But the ultimate purpose of the one being Sith is to gain power by any means necessary. Do i need this? I take it. Is he more powerful? I'll manipulate and deceive him and take what's his to gain advantage.
Every sith would only look to his own advantage and would not give a damn about the good of Empire. They are bound to serve the Empire because there's somebody stronger than them in the seat of power.
I mean was Palpatine looking for a good of the Empire or was he merely looking after his own well being by destroying all opposition by any means necessary?

So the only LS choices a sith could make would be those which would temporarily benefit him/her in the clash with others. I would assume that these LS choices when observed from this point of view are not LS at all.

So having said that I would say that it should be impossible for sith to embrace a good side unless his mind is wiped clean as in Revan's case.

So all you LS lovers, you should transfer to republic and the server balance would be restored and you can eat my smashes in pvp any day
You are disgrace of the Sith idea!!!!