Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic/Empire unbalanced enemies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Republic/Empire unbalanced enemies

OldVengeance
02.02.2013 , 01:27 PM | #11
The entire Jedi Council except the Grandmaster (and possibly Kiwiks? It's not clear) AND the Supreme Chancellor are killable over the course of the story. At least of all the ones that we see in the game.

Hirilonde
02.04.2013 , 01:39 PM | #12
I think the event that really hurt things for me is listed below in the spoilers.

But as for the rest of the slaughterings... most of the Sith who die were dangerously counterproductive anyway. In fact, all of this would have built up nicely into a crowning moment for the Empire, except I feel Bioware misplayed it...

Spoiler

RougeBeaver
02.04.2013 , 01:58 PM | #13
Spoiler

A lot of the enemies for both factions will inevitably be Sith, this is because the Sith are free willed, chaotic and do whatever the heck they please. Hence why you'll never see a Jedi fight another Jedi unless one or both turn to the dark side.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Zardac_the_Great
02.04.2013 , 03:46 PM | #14
The Empire loses the war, and apparently fairly rapidly. As the Imperial "pie" so to speak shrinks, the infighting that is always part of such regimes intensifies as people begin looking out for themselves, trying to delay or prevent their own personal catastrophe.

It's simply Sith philosophy manifesting itself.

bohleyc
02.06.2013 , 07:40 PM | #15
The Republic has some other down falls as well The Sith warrior kills the war trust,the agent damages the sis.Plus the empire regains strength.The Emperors host body is dead his spirit is Regaining power.Depending on how you make your agent imp intelligence is replaced by sith intelligence.

Irxyyy
02.07.2013 , 12:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pefny View Post
Ofc they are defectors etc but I'm sure that in such huge creation like Galactic Republic must be some groups who don't agree with current political stalemate - I met some kind of this on Balmorra during BH storyline.
Ord Mantell, the starter planet for smugglers and troopers, is rebelling against the Republic.
// believing is bleeding

Merras
02.08.2013 , 06:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Pluck, grit, and determination. It's pretty clear that all of the protagonists are "strong" in the Force, even if they can't see, or use it.
Every character can use the Force.

At least if u finished one Jedi / Sith class story every other characters in your legacy will receive a Jedi / Sith power. My Trooper and Smuggler can use Legacy Force Project and Legacy Sweep - under Heroic Moment. So in rare occasions non-Jedi toons can use Force abilites.

Bleeters
02.08.2013 , 07:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Romana View Post
Conversely, the Imperials kill no members of the Jedi Council (bar the First Son, a servant of the Emperor) - and only get to kill the unimportant 'Green Jedi Council'
Apart from this guy, you mean.

And possibly these two, depending on choices made during the Jedi Knight story.

Not to mention that the game starts on the premise of the Empire near crushing the Republic in the last war, slaughtering most of the Jedi order during the sacking of Coruscant, six council members included.

None at all? Really?

Azzarr
02.08.2013 , 07:08 AM | #19
^Good statement. Guess the Republic has lost plenty of their finest. JK Storyline starts with some Jedi dying by Dark Jedi, Trooper meets defection of one of the Republic's finest squad at the start. Tides are turning. I don't dislike the Empire losing, playing as an Imperial its finally time people are realising to leave each other alone and focus on our real enemy. I like it.
Believe in the Force, and whenever it seems like there is no path, the Force will show you the way. Give yourself to it.. Do not use the Force, do not fight with it. Befriend it, accept it. And eventually, the Force will be your ally.

darklordpotter
02.08.2013 , 07:38 AM | #20
You also seem to be making the assumption that killing of Dark /Jedi Council members is the primary way of measuring how the war is going which I would strongly dispute.

What about the entire fleet the Pubs lose on Taris? Or the task force that the SI destroys as a weapon test? The loss of the Republic High Command to the Wrath - to make that even worse if you pick LS options the Empire "acquires" the technology that - according to the high command will revolutionise warfare and make it impossible for the other side to prosecute the war. The SI arms an entire fleet with one shot kill super weapons.

The Empire has been kicked out of the Core Worlds and as you correctly point out lost a lot of Dark Council members in exchange they gain a lot of very promising tech (The Imprisoned One, Belsavis, Wrath on Taris, The Silencer Project, The Black Codex) and the Republic loses a lot of starships, technology (bear in mind the entire JK first act is about finding and destroying the Pub's super weapon programme) and personnel (the entire special forces division for a start).

So in summary I would argue the Republic has an advantage at the moment but it cost them a lot and if the Empire's efforts to "acquire" advanced tech begin to pay off in the field this advantage could well prove to be extremely transitory - especially considering the cost in material and personnel they paid to gain it.