Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comparative Forces

SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 05:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahrl View Post
Way I see it, the Republic is larger and more established, thus stronger economically. But the Sith can counter this with practices such as slavery, which equates to near round-the-clock free labour.

The average Sith is also, arguably, stronger than your average Jedi. This is due to the fact that, if you are a weak Sith, you will die. Period. As a Jedi, they get all sorts passing through bar the weakest/most inept.

I would say the Sith have the better military. Initially the Sith army outnumbered the Republics, but now I would say they are numerically even. However, I would argue that the Sith army as a whole is more disciplined and better trained. However! The Republic have the best Special Forces.

Fleet-wise I would say that they are on par. Perhaps the Sith Fleet has an edge, taking into account the Sith Inquisitors Storyline...
Having slaves/draftees for soldiers tends to make for poor soldiers.

I'd say for every strong Sith there is an equally strong Jedi. Then the Jedi get more numbers as their weak Jedi are still running around, while the Sith killed there's in their own infighting/training process.

Pefny
02.08.2013 , 04:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Having slaves/draftees for soldiers tends to make for poor soldiers.

I'd say for every strong Sith there is an equally strong Jedi. Then the Jedi get more numbers as their weak Jedi are still running around, while the Sith killed there's in their own infighting/training process.
Imps don't use slaves as soldiers. The advantage of hight use of slave labor is free work force so they can pump more money to military and science projects (also hire mercenaries). It's quite efficient technic - even some senators in Republic Senate were planning to introduce slave labor in Galactic Republic.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Rabenschwinge
02.08.2013 , 05:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Maybe this is buried in the backstory somewhere, but I'm curious if it's ever been definitively stated which side has the manpower/resource advantage.

I get the impression that the Republic has a far larger military, while the Empire's is smaller but much more...I don't want to say competent, because that wouldn't be right, but perhaps "strategically superior." Perhaps a bit like the Germans versus the Allies in World War 2 terms.
Hmmm. I would say the both sides are indeed equally powerful, because that is the basic assumption to retain the status quo in every MMO. I think it becomes quite clear in the battle for Corellia - not only are both forces about equally strong, there are several factions, some of which you would least expect, which are deliberately trying to keep it that way. In both the Imperial Agent story and the knight story appears a faction (but not the same faction in the two respective stories) which is really interested in the Republic and the Empire being par on Corellia.