Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 applied to Legacy's

Stebbinn
02.06.2013 , 04:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Query: So then how do you get HK-51 for those low level characters?

Statement: I was under the impression that if you're subscribed, you get HK-51 for all new characters. I've seen some say that HK makes leveling easy. So they have him while leveling.
As said above you select character perks in your legacy panel and there you can unlock him, there will be 2 boxes, one is for unlocking him on a republic character and the other for a imperial character.
You need to be on the character you want to unlock him on and it will cost 1 million credits OR 350 cartel coins.
Sadly there isn't a option to unlock him on all character, you have to unlock him on each one paying full price on each character.

HKtheindomitable
02.06.2013 , 08:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stebbinn View Post
As said above you select character perks in your legacy panel and there you can unlock him, there will be 2 boxes, one is for unlocking him on a republic character and the other for a imperial character.
You need to be on the character you want to unlock him on and it will cost 1 million credits OR 350 cartel coins.
Sadly there isn't a option to unlock him on all character, you have to unlock him on each one paying full price on each character.
Statement: That's what I thought.

Agreement: Sadly indeed.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Aberd
02.07.2013 , 03:43 AM | #13
To unlock HK-51 on a low level character, it is a 2 step process
1. Unlock him via the mission chain on a level 50 character.
2. Purchase him via credits or cartel coins on the Legacy Character Perks page.
Note: it is a Legacy perk, if you start a new legacy on a different server, then you will have to get the new character to level 50 and unlock HK-51 via the mission chain.

As a subscriber I can tell you it is NOT automatic that you get him on all new characters.

Is he worth buying for a low level characters? Hell yea. You will need to get some level appropriate gear for him since he comes with lvl 50 stuff (untill you are 50, it is "broken" on him) a couple thousand at the GTN will work, but a decent blaster/sniper rifle and a couple other items, and frankly he is overpowered until around level 30. At which point things start balancing out, but he is still useful through to level 50.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Jules
02.07.2013 , 08:18 AM | #14
I don't know why you would want to. He's cool and all, but has no dialogue in conversations so you're missing out on those from your other companions and their affection gains. If they really put the effort in and gave him special dialogue for your missions (mainly class ones) + possible to gain affection with your choices rather than just through gifts, I would use him.
** "No friends, no enemies. Only allies and adversaries." **
---> There'll be fried Calamari tonight! <---

SparkTangent
02.07.2013 , 06:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I don't know why you would want to. He's cool and all, but has no dialogue in conversations so you're missing out on those from your other companions and their affection gains. If they really put the effort in and gave him special dialogue for your missions (mainly class ones) + possible to gain affection with your choices rather than just through gifts, I would use him.
I'm a completionist and want the availability really, even if he rarely was ever used. Thanks guys.

xfysxbowti
09.24.2013 , 12:09 AM | #16
I'm gonna necro this thread:

Start a new smuggler and deck him out in the Czerka Security outfit, and apply the Czerka droid customization to HK as early as possible, and then run around as an ex-Czerka crew, or a pro-Czerka duo with whatever interesting story can come from that.

That's what I'm going to do.