Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ultimate PvP Records Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ultimate PvP Records Thread

NamikazeNaruto
02.07.2013 , 05:03 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by mclammitys View Post
ToFN

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
Does everyone on that server run around naked or something? All the unreal big hits come from ToFN.

Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
That's your question? That?!!?!
Mine is a simple one.
How???
I'm going to guess it's having gear that's specifically set up for biggest hits. That combined with having the right series of buffs on, and hitting the right person at the right time.(Just like the rest of the biggest hits really. Except smashers don't suffer from putting all of their stats into power and sacrificing everything else.)

Obirayy
02.07.2013 , 08:32 PM | #422
I'm gonna request that video shots get taken now... Way too easy to change stats by the look of it and everyone sending in their legit stats are just going to be a headache. Plus I'd like to see that assassin record even a 10k hit

NamikazeNaruto
02.07.2013 , 09:08 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
I'm gonna request that video shots get taken now... Way too easy to change stats by the look of it and everyone sending in their legit stats are just going to be a headache. Plus I'd like to see that assassin record even a 10k hit
That's true, but a 13k smash is almost as unbelievable. Requesting video proof is a lot more difficult than requesting screenshots. Not everyone has access to video recording software, nor is able to run it on their computers and have it not lag their system.

Obirayy
02.07.2013 , 09:17 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
That's true, but a 13k smash is almost as unbelievable. Requesting video proof is a lot more difficult than requesting screenshots. Not everyone has access to video recording software, nor is able to run it on their computers and have it not lag their system.
Bandicam is free and plays in the background... When you want to record you press F12 instead of print screen, then F12 again to stop. It's 1 extra button.

Also it's for the benefit of legit records and in the future may be the only option if there's more and more concerns about records

mrekxxx
02.08.2013 , 02:15 AM | #425
Does everyone on that server run around naked or something? All the unreal big hits come from ToFN.

I'm going to guess it's having gear that's specifically set up for biggest hits. That combined with having the right series of buffs on, and hitting the right person at the right time.(Just like the rest of the biggest hits really. Except smashers don't suffer from putting all of their stats into power and sacrificing everything else.)

there is a lot of pvpers in green gear ..

Tykhelituss
02.08.2013 , 05:01 AM | #426
It's unfortunate how easy this is to fake... now my job just became harder probably...

http://imageshack.us/f/832/thisisrealiswear.jpg/

Get on my level.

And even better http://imageshack.us/f/825/thisisrealiswear2.jpg/
Is it sad I verbally lol'd when I got to the second SS?

NamikazeNaruto
02.08.2013 , 07:21 AM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by Tykhelituss View Post
Is it sad I verbally lol'd when I got to the second SS?
It's not sad, that was my intention :P.

Tykhelituss
02.08.2013 , 07:34 AM | #428
It's not sad, that was my intention :P.
Lol. You deviant, you. And after looking at some of the records on here, I'm shocked you keep track of it so well, Zab. But now I also have to wonder what is and what isn't legitimate. Know what I mean?

NamikazeNaruto
02.08.2013 , 07:44 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by Tykhelituss View Post
Lol. You deviant, you. And after looking at some of the records on here, I'm shocked you keep track of it so well, Zab. But now I also have to wonder what is and what isn't legitimate. Know what I mean?
Indeed, the records list is not always easy to keep up to date on. I frequently make minor errors that I end up correcting later. The error I make most often is for example, if someone has a new overall damage done record, I'll put it there, but forget to factor it into my server comparison section, since that section is always changing every time there is a record put in a certain six categories. There's also times where I get the class wrong, or even the screenshot link. I'm glad to see my work is appreciated though .

I have a few tricks I used before to determine the validity of a screenshot. depending on what category it was. Now that this has been introduced to the mix though, I'll have to check screenshots for evidence of photo tampering as well...

Tykhelituss
02.08.2013 , 07:47 AM | #430
Yeah, I have a few tricks I used before depending on what category it was. Now that this has been introduced to the mix though, I'll have to check screenshots for evidence of photo tampering as well...
As long as the screenshots can be distinguished and differentiated, you pretty much have your work cut out for you. Now it's just doing the work that's time consuming. What main categories are you going to take a look at out of curiosity?