Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
02.07.2013 , 09:25 AM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
This one shot bubbled up because of all the agent talk.

Cipher Nine AU: Trump Card
Agent Chapter 2 spoilers 500 wordsish

Note:
Spoiler
I love it! Also your note is fantastic and I would take notes if I played trick-taking games, which I don't because they're terrifying and I never know what to play when.

My AUs tend to start with an event too vicious for me to stomach as canon. Maybe I should do another snuggly offshoot after this run ends to cheer myself (and perhaps my readers) up.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
02.07.2013 , 01:26 PM | #482
@bright I am stuck in a mental loop that goes "Poor Vierce, poor Vierce, poor Vierce..." then "dammit Vierce you stupid... poor Elara, poor Elara, poor Elara"
This absolutely. There is going to be major pain to go all around once Vierce sorts out what happened.

And Kabe--wow. As an AU that's amazing, even if your character has a short lifespan. Really well done, I loved it.

kabeone
02.07.2013 , 02:49 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
My AUs tend to start with an event too vicious for me to stomach as canon. Maybe I should do another snuggly offshoot after this run ends to cheer myself (and perhaps my readers) up.
Your resolutions are so satisfying it is well worth the gut stabbing nail biting progression. That said, I would not say no to snuggly.

@Striges Thanks!
Agent Ending spoilers
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.07.2013 , 03:38 PM | #484
@bright I am stuck in a mental loop that goes "Poor Vierce, poor Vierce, poor Vierce..." then "dammit Vierce you stupid... poor Elara, poor Elara, poor Elara" then repeat.
^^^^^ THIS!!!
Quote:
Note:
Spoiler
And I really liked this storyline. It's amazing how that change in timing completely changes the character.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
02.07.2013 , 09:46 PM | #485
Two scenes, not really separated for any good reason I can think of, they just felt better separate.

First, have we had Discoveries as a prompt in the AU thread? I'm taking it anyway. Vierce, Elara, Cipher Nine; spoilers for the Trooper's task on Quesh. This follows right after the previous story; again, it occurs before the Balkar/Kothe scene and thus Balkar confronts Ardun Kothe over the code name Legate. 900 words.

Spoiler

Then Home Ec: Cooking, more of the Vierce, Elara, and Cipher Nine AU. Itty-bitty Tanno Vik recruitment spoiler. 600 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.08.2013 , 09:57 AM | #486
That phrase is going to haunt him forever. Bright, I'm putting in an official request, once you get done with this pile of well-written ouch, could you please give us a story with an alive Elara? Pretty please
---------------

bright_ephemera
02.08.2013 , 12:20 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
That phrase is going to haunt him forever. Bright, I'm putting in an official request, once you get done with this pile of well-written ouch, could you please give us a story with an alive Elara? Pretty please
Good Lord, yes. Live-Elara niceness will be happening at some point. I like her alive! She's a sweetheart!

It occurs to me that some people kill off the companions they unambiguously dislike, but somehow that never occurs to me. Maybe it's flash fic time!

Once upon a time Wynston said to Lokin, "I won't stand for you using me and my resources for your personal gain and unknown long-term plan and I certainly won't stand for being blackmailed by the likes of you."
Spoiler

Once upon a time it occurred to Wynston that SCORPIO is a monstrous, terrifying construct with no loyalty and
Spoiler

Once upon a time Ashara...I don't even know what's wrong with you, kid, so I'm just going to drop you off at a center for troubled youth on one of the Republic border worlds. But, to be realistic and in character, once upon a time Niselle shocked Ashara to death, stole all her stuff, and walked away whistling.

I feel better now.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.08.2013 , 01:42 PM | #488
Woot, semi-silly and probably unintentionally hilarious drabbles! (Somehow, Lokin's fate sent me into a giggle fit. I have no idea why, since technically it isn't funny.)

And Vierce, agreed, that phrase is going to haunt him. Cast my vote for an alternate with a living Elara.

Striges
02.08.2013 , 02:46 PM | #489
Double-posting. Haven't done that in a while.

NotLP: The Story Thus Far: Uncharted Territory

For some reason I felt obliged to complete the summary before working on anything new in this AU. And half the summary had to come from the original short fic thread. Which took forever, because I am awful at summarizing anything.

So. A not very brief summary of the two principal characters before they met. The initial parts are mostly a reprint from the Short Fic thread, up to about the last paragraph or so where the AU diverges from my canon story:

Jesp Rixik (individual, no class spoilers)
Spoiler

Kirya Bilali (individual, no class spoilers)
Spoiler

Kirya and Rixik, Uncharted Territory (spoilers for smuggler story, all chapters)
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.09.2013 , 09:39 AM | #490
Know what I love about AUs? It's the let's-change-one-moment-and-see-how-the-pieces-fall. Loved the recap, Striges, and the drabbles were pretty hilarious, bright. I liked SCORPIO's especially.
SCORPIO companion quest spoiler:
Spoiler
---------------