Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ViperxTF
02.06.2013 , 06:10 PM | #971
1. Name of server: Prophecy of the Five
2. Name of character(s) affected: Chrystyne
3. Crashes once every time i run The Esseles FP. It has crashed on me 15 times in a row at the same point running The Esseles.
4. Crash Occurs at the end of the FP during the conversation with Flight Officer Haken usually right after he congratulates you on saving the ship.
5. DXDiag report:
Spoiler

6. Reliability report:
Spoiler

7. This is a crash to Desktop. Screen goes black and then i am staring at the background on my desktop. No warning no error messages. I have updated my graphics card drivers. I have tried uninstalling the game re-downloading and re-installing the game but it still crashes at the same point.

Gutzduken
02.06.2013 , 07:22 PM | #972
Name of server. Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) affected. Neece
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? 15 times now within 20 mins
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Everytime I try to take out my companion it is crashing my game....Please HELP!

Platform Win8
GEFORCE GTX 660M 2G
I forget what else is needed....its a crash to desktop, windows closes cause it isn't responding and happening in Esselses the whole time.

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 05:54 AM | #973
Gutzduken

run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog) that should hopefully solve the companion crash.

the below may stop your crashes in esselles
1.Right-click on your desktop background
2.Select "NVidia settings"
3.Go in the "Manage 3D settings" option
4.Under the "Program Settings" tab then add swtor.exe if not already listed
5.Find the "Threaded optimization" option and turn it "OFF" to force it off.
6.Apply the modifications

visconteprimus
02.07.2013 , 02:29 PM | #974
Already done these operations AND already send TWO Tickets to your "Customer ( totally failure) Service". Simply doesn't work!!

My Server is "The Progenitor" and I have "the Esseles' Problem", too. At the last conversation game crashes, quest is resetted.

But the worst, IMHO, is the total silence from you about this problem!!!!

I've alredy written this in the second Ticket, but I repeat it: this type of errors/bug/stuff AFTER ONE YEAR since the released is simply ridiculous!!!

Seems to play with a BETA-Version!!!

I really love Star Wars, but... Or you fix it, or I'm going to quit the game.

-Bob-
02.07.2013 , 09:52 PM | #975
again Bioware, thankyou
Spoiler
Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not

-Bob-
02.08.2013 , 12:42 AM | #976
1 more time ..
Spoiler
Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not

Berkthigar
02.08.2013 , 02:47 AM | #977
I fully expect a a refund for the amount of garbage we have to put up with. I have wasted an entire evening trying every fix or work around on these forums and nothing works. This game should be completely free to play. This kind of non-service and beta level code is just pathetic. You should be paying us to deal with this.

Gromsblood
02.08.2013 , 04:37 AM | #978
1, Red Eclipse
2. All toons are affected
3. 3-4 random crash to desktop, and 100% crash to desktop when I do the last conversation on black talon.
4. Crash triggers seems to be spacebar related, but in black talon at the last conversation you get a crash to desktop without doing anything at all, even without pressing any keys on the keyboard and without moving the mouse.

Spoiler

6. No reliability issues with swtor client.
7. I get a full crash to desktop, and when I log back in I always see a warning message on login screen about my account has been disconnected.
Current server: Red Eclipse
Lv50 toons: Commando, Sage, Vanguard

Madborn
02.08.2013 , 06:13 AM | #979
Hey.

1.Name of server. The Red Eclipse
2.Name of character(s) affected. Madburn (and pretty much every other character i have)
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? every single time i do the last convesation in Esseles flashpoint
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
I am doing the esseles flashpoint, and dooring the last convesation i crash every single time... i tryed lowered my graphics to very low, and turn off sound, but nothing helps
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

For some reason i dont get a reliability repport. So cant show you that one.

But i REALLY hope you get this fixed soon.
Written on my tablet

ChaseKross
02.08.2013 , 09:34 PM | #980
1. Name of server - Not sure haven't been able to get that far but most most active characters are on the Jedi Covenant server...
2. Name of character(s) affected - All Characters as the game sometimes crashes before I get to the character selection screen
3. Frequency of crashing – Regularly
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. - After I log in and try and launch the game I get to a loading screen before the game disappears as well as when I manage to get past the character select screen the game crashes...

5. DXDiag:
Spoiler

6- Reliability report (Several) - Although the last couple haven't actually appeared in the Report as the application/game just disappeared but I've included several of the errors I've experienced even after running the repair function in the launcher...

Spoiler

7. Crash to Desktop or the Application/Game just disappears and I'm back looking at the desktop...