Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked WZ is too hardcore as it is now, something needs to change.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked WZ is too hardcore as it is now, something needs to change.

islander
02.07.2013 , 10:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DharmaPolice View Post
How would people co-operate via voice chat if there were two four man teams?
share a voice comm, it's not that unusual.

I agree with the original poster though. They've got to allow 4 man queueing. Right now about 5% of players queue for rated warzones an average of one night a week. The entire system is effectively non-functional. Queues tend to be lengthy (cross server comes in here). I cant even find a pug RWZ team anymore. its just grinding more normals, I'm kinda tired of it.

Just create a group finder for it that requires a tank, 2 dps, and a healer and go.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

CharterMonkKent
02.07.2013 , 10:37 AM | #12
the design of ranked is flawed. it (like other aspects of TOR pvp) is extremely limiting.

-certain classes are needed to compete
-certain classes are not welcome aka, cannot compete
-requires 8 people
-requires products outside of what TOR offers (vent/teamspeak/etc, yes free but still, limiting)
-same WZs as pug matches, aka not offering new game side content
-need other groups of 8 to be available (or want to queue)
-two teams fighting over a 3rd tower in civil war for 20min doesn't simply mean they are both "good", it means the game mechanic is flawed.
-no guild vs guild mechanic
-no "practice/empty" WZs for new teams that want to start queuing
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

LanceCorporalDan
02.07.2013 , 10:42 AM | #13
I strongly agree with the suggestion of cross-server wz matching and also finding a better was of matching these teams. Sometimes though I am left to wonder if "Am I only facing these guys because they are the onyl other ones queing?"
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

DarthClarky
02.07.2013 , 12:19 PM | #14
What kills RWZ is the community itself, what ever team lost the match either gets slagged off or go on internal slag fests and blame each other.

People need to chill the **** out, if a guild want to run an all Merc RWZ team they should be able too, if the community was more friendly you would have more RWZ teams to play against which in turn would even out the playing field.
Trixza The button mashing Shadow

V-Serp
02.07.2013 , 12:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
1. X-server, hell yes. I remember that "community killer" bit from a while back and still disagree with it. It sounds good, but didn't reflect reality that the communities to be preserved were going extinct anyway. RWZ teams from different servers being able to face off? Sounds like more of a community builder to me than current state.

2. If # 1 was implemented wouldn't the perceived need for 4-mans be moot?
Why do we need X-server? There is only one server per region per server type now. The lag you'd get from a WC US game vs. Europe, not to mention to time zone and language differences, would make it pointless.

X-server was needed before the mega-servers. Now we need to preserve what we have and actually improve the quality of PVP, which is the reason people quit PVP to begin with. The roots are on fire, sprinkling water on the leaves now isn't going to save it.

sirullrich
02.07.2013 , 12:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
the design of ranked is flawed. it (like other aspects of TOR pvp) is extremely limiting.

-certain classes are needed to compete
-certain classes are not welcome aka, cannot compete
-requires 8 people
-requires products outside of what TOR offers (vent/teamspeak/etc, yes free but still, limiting)
-same WZs as pug matches, aka not offering new game side content
-need other groups of 8 to be available (or want to queue)
-two teams fighting over a 3rd tower in civil war for 20min doesn't simply mean they are both "good", it means the game mechanic is flawed.
-no guild vs guild mechanic
-no "practice/empty" WZs for new teams that want to start queuing
They need to have a some sort of custom games so you can practice the 8 man. Well written.
<TAKING LIVES-GO TEAM VENTURE>
<KINGDOM LEGACY>
<KYOUKAI-SORCERER><RENPA-GUARDIAN><KARYOTEN-SCOUNDREL>

mulzii
02.07.2013 , 12:59 PM | #17
i find it funny that some folks will say things like RWZ too competetive, but is this not what premades are doing to the regular warzone queue? many of these same people are defending the roflstomping of pugs, so why the complaint here?

I still believe that most people want to roflstomp. yes you have a few that will 'want good competetion', but those folks are usually the roflstompers saying that. When most folks get severe competition in rwz, they dont want to 'suck it up and get better teamwork/skills'. They want to be be competitive NOW without the pains of learning/growing. Then these folks run to the regular queue and rampage through pugs to feel better about themselves. Then run to the forum to defend their regular pug queue roflstomping, but then whine that rwz is TOO competitive they dont want to be roflstomped.

but this rant aside, i wish Bioware would do the same GuildWars 1 did: allow a taped-delayed copy of the entire WZ, so people can watch different matches a day later or something. People can learn from this, and its a good way to pass the time while waiting for wzs to pop or doing other stuff..

sirullrich
02.07.2013 , 01:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
i find it funny that some folks will say things like RWZ too competetive, but is this not what premades are doing to the regular warzone queue? many of these same people are defending the roflstomping of pugs, so why the complaint here?

I still believe that most people want to roflstomp. yes you have a few that will 'want good competetion', but those folks are usually the roflstompers saying that. When most folks get severe competition in rwz, they dont want to 'suck it up and get better teamwork/skills'. They want to be be competitive NOW without the pains of learning/growing. Then these folks run to the regular queue and rampage through pugs to feel better about themselves. Then run to the forum to defend their regular pug queue roflstomping, but then whine that rwz is TOO competitive they dont want to be roflstomped.
Here let me give you some haterade! You seem mad bro!
<TAKING LIVES-GO TEAM VENTURE>
<KINGDOM LEGACY>
<KYOUKAI-SORCERER><RENPA-GUARDIAN><KARYOTEN-SCOUNDREL>

CharterMonkKent
02.07.2013 , 01:08 PM | #19

You are talking like RWZs are common. They are not. There is no "most folks". Unless by "most folks" you mean less than 100 people per server (who actually play in organized teams). The Bastion is a very active pvp server but it hovers under 8 active RWZ teams/guilds.

You are also comparing 3-4 people grouping in pugs to RWZs. Which is a poor comparison. So many people will group with 2 people and yet never play in a RWZ. Not because of lack of skill but because RWZ is too limiting (like all TOR pvp but even more so).

RWZs are lacking for many reasons as others (and I), have posted.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

cycao
02.07.2013 , 01:19 PM | #20

Wow. I would love to run ranked all the time, our guild took a hit with no reason when we lost 8 players over the course of 2 weeks. We have not recovered and what ranked I do is always with someone who wants to plant me on a node to defend. There are guilds who run nothing but regs with premades who got their chops licked in ranked which sucks. It is a pain at first trying to get a new team started and most people expect things to go smoothly but that's not the case which leads to as you put it "run to the regular queue and rampage to feel better".

As of now there is no real incentive for new teams to start out. They just get blown away by the teams that have been doing ranked for months and quit, never putting in any effort which sucks. I have no issue being beat by a better team but some people obviously don't feel the same way. Adding in dailies and weeklies for ranked could help but then you just go back to people forming pugs just to get them done which is what was going on when you needed ranked comms for WH.