Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher stuck at 56%

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tiandrah
02.06.2013 , 04:34 PM | #11
Bumping and hoping that somewhere, someone will have an answer for me before I totally give up on ever playing SWTOR again and reload City of Heroes instead.

Bronholz
02.06.2013 , 04:42 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Tiandrah,

Does this happen across multiple characters or just to one? Could you try creating a new character on a new server, to see if this will allow you to login?

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Tiandrah
02.06.2013 , 11:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi again Tiandrah,

Does this happen across multiple characters or just to one? Could you try creating a new character on a new server, to see if this will allow you to login?

Thanks for your patience.
So far it's been happening when I try to log into my main characters. All of them.

Ok, I went to a different server (Ebon Hawk), made a new character, and thought for a second that it might work....then BOOM!! Crash again. This time with an error message:

"The instruction at 0x75dd812f referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read."

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 01:00 AM | #14
Can you post up a DxDiag

I still have City of Heroes installed, haven't got around to uninstalling it yet.

Tiandrah
02.07.2013 , 06:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can you post up a DxDiag

I still have City of Heroes installed, haven't got around to uninstalling it yet.
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags – CS Forum Team

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 07:07 AM | #16
First off I have to tell you that you can remove half your memory as the version of windows 7 you have cannot use more then 4mb of Ram. this why it reports Available OS Memory: 3064MB RAM

Details of all windows releases and ram limits is below
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...78(VS.85).aspx

Now the error you are getting is unusual for swtor to say the least.

From your Diag, you know you have 2 active sound cards ? Realtek and sound blaster , conflict maybe a possibility.

In the first instance can you do a clean boot and see if this crash still occurs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
The most common cause of the "memory could not be read error" is normally another program interferring.
programs like mumble as an example have done this in the past.

It is worthwhile doing a chkdsk c: /f and a sfc /scannow with a command prompt as administrator.
if errors are found swap your memory sticks around you have an un-used set in there already

Tiandrah
02.07.2013 , 08:11 AM | #17
First off I have to tell you that you can remove half your memory as the version of windows 7 you have cannot use more then 4mb of Ram. this why it reports Available OS Memory: 3064MB RAM

From your Diag, you know you have 2 active sound cards ? Realtek and sound blaster , conflict maybe a possibility.

In the first instance can you do a clean boot and see if this crash still occurs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
The most common cause of the "memory could not be read error" is normally another program interferring.

It is worthwhile doing a chkdsk c: /f and a sfc /scannow with a command prompt as administrator.
if errors are found swap your memory sticks around you have an un-used set in there already
Yeah, I got that much memory because I am about to upgrade to a 64-bit system (once I get all my watercooling gear setup).

Is that what the Realtek thing is? I see it all the time in my system tray, but I only have a Sound Blaster card installed. At least I think it is Sound Blaster....it was a small sound card that came with my motherboard when I bought it. Guess I can delete the Realtek one. Odd thing though, I've never had this issue, and I played SWTOR from day one up until Sept of last year when I took a break cause of school.

Ok, I know HOW to do a clean boot, but never done one. I have my msconfig already set to hide Microsoft programs, but do I need to then uncheck everything else? Is that how that works?

Not sure why I would have a conflict. When I was trying to run SWTOR this morning, I had no other programs running aside from Windows. Just did a chkdsk scan the other day, but didn't include the /f parameter. I'll try that later on today when I get home, as well as the sfc /scannow.

Tiandrah
02.07.2013 , 08:16 PM | #18

Ok...I removed the Realtek drivers, did a chkdsk and snannow, done a cleat boot, and I am STILL getting this issue.

I thought I had it fixed when I made a new toon on a different server and it started up fine immediately after creation, but then when I logged out and tried to go back in.....BAM! Same thing. Crash to desktop with no error message at all....just my wallpaper.

Tiandrah
02.08.2013 , 10:18 AM | #19
Bueller...Bueller....anyone.....anyone?

Tiandrah
02.09.2013 , 10:49 AM | #20
Did everyone just give up trying to figure out what is wrong here?