Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Usefull hutball skills need spreading out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Usefull hutball skills need spreading out

Godlymuppet
02.07.2013 , 03:35 AM | #1
Most utility skills seem to be available to 2 AC's. Stealth, knockback, charge, force speed, offensive pull.

However 2 of the most useful hutball skills are only available to 1 AC each and those classes are over represented as a result. There are 2 classes that are under represented, maybe the following changes woudl help even that out and really help some stuggling classes.

New commando skill-
"Stand back Maam"
Pulls the friendly target to youself intercepting the next attack.

New scoundrel (maybe scrapper specific, to avoid OP healers) skill-
"Argghhh save me"
Leaps to a freindly target, making them eat the next attack against you.

I figure now is the time to get some different ideas out there for the devs.

Would those 2 skils make thiose classes more appealing in hutball and rated PVP in general?
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Godlymuppet
02.07.2013 , 08:52 AM | #2
Not enough whining about op specs or crying for nerfs?
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech

Skroting
02.07.2013 , 08:56 AM | #3
I support the OP skill suggestion, just based on the metric-*****-ton of luls i would have by leaping on someone trying to escape with like 1% hp left

Crerin
02.07.2013 , 09:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Most utility skills seem to be available to 2 AC's. Stealth, knockback, charge, force speed, offensive pull.

However 2 of the most useful hutball skills are only available to 1 AC each and those classes are over represented as a result. There are 2 classes that are under represented, maybe the following changes woudl help even that out and really help some stuggling classes.

New commando skill-
"Stand back Maam"

"Argghhh save me"

Would those 2 skils make thiose classes more appealing in hutball and rated PVP in general?
Would not be balanced for the scoundrel, he is a stealther dps. Do not compare utility to assasin's, the class is clearly OP regarding utility. That doesn't mean that the scoundrel needs to be just as OP as them. After you give the scoundrel a leap are you going to give PT's and Mara's a perma stealth? Well damn but if they can perma stealth shouldn't everyone be able to perma stealth?

As for the pull on the merc, I couldn't argue that but I don't think it is huttball specific. I just think that skill would help balance the merc as a whole.
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara

SOULCASTER
02.07.2013 , 09:26 AM | #5
Yeah i'm all for new interesting utility skills, but I'm pretty sure the game has ENOUGH jumps, leaps and pulls.

But let me contribute to this thread by throwing an idea i just made up:
-- "TRACER LOCK" Skill for Commando DPS (armor pierce cell or Plasma Cell) gets a red beam that they can shoot at friendly players with "Hammer Shot" (like the commando healer green beam) that puts a defensive shield around the friendly while they are continually hitting them with it, that lowers damage taken by 20% and increases healing received by 20% (this can NOT stack with multiple commandos spamming this ability on 1 target) .

-- "TELEPORT PROBE" Scoundrel Ability. Allows the scoundrel to teleport to a given location within 30m. Has a long cooldown, and must be channeled for 3.0sec before teleport is completed.
Actually forget this "teleport probe" ability, I just realized it would make datacron hunting and open world objectives too lulzy. But ill leave it there for the funny conversations in this thread later.

Ok so lets make a new scoundrel ability. Hmm:
DECOY PROBE: Produces a holographic image of the smuggler anywhere the smuggler wishes with in 15m range that lasts for 30sec. This has a long cooldown. The smuggler takes 25% less damage if he stays within 10m of the decoy probe, and this holographic decoy is able to be lept to and pulled away. The decoy probe also has resolve. If you stun the probe to full resolve, it is destroyed.

I dunno, hows that? those are the only ideas i have at the moment. Im still finishing my coffee.
5x Season 1 ALL-STAR
This game needs an NGE.

tekhiun
02.07.2013 , 10:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post

New commando skill-
"Stand back Maam"

"Argghhh save me"

So basically a scoundrel can kill a team mate ? LOL

People should at least think about what they propose.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

LanceCorporalDan
02.07.2013 , 10:06 AM | #7
I like it!!

I mean wz's are as broken and frustrating as ever right?
Might as well make them funny! I can see all the lulz now hahha
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Godlymuppet
02.07.2013 , 10:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
So basically a scoundrel can kill a team mate ? LOL

People should at least think about what they propose.
Oh i do think about what i propose. Is there anything more scoundrel like than hiding behind the big guy and getting him shot, i dont think so. It means you need to use it wisely or youl get angry team mates.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech

Capt_Beers
02.07.2013 , 01:35 PM | #9
Other useful Huttball skills:

Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides - Tactics Vanguard/AP Powertech

Hunker Down/Entrench - 'Slinger/Sniper

Rescue/Extracation - Sage/Sorc

Another one I'll mention is DPS Scoundrel/Operatives ability to have a perma speed boost provided they stay out of combat. Not likely in Huttball but it is possible for them to get the ball in mid and move over to the goal pretty quickly by going in and out of stealth. Very situational but still a neat trick to use if you have the chance.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

DarthBloodloss
02.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #10
I agree with the idea.

The thing I hate most is the auto-interception when using leap during huttball.

Its not bad enough that my Merc can't leap, can't pull, can't stealth, can't speed burst.....but I can't even pass reliably? Do leapers REALLY need to be able to auto-intercept my pass with the greatest of ease?

When I play with my Mara alt....sometimes I just stand there waiting for a pass. You can tell when someone is looking to pass. And when you notice their teammate 20m, jumping up and down.....just target the teammate and stand there waiting to press your Interception button.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS