Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Known PVP Hacks - Ruining the Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Known PVP Hacks - Ruining the Game

Pmunro's Avatar


Pmunro
01.01.2013 , 01:48 PM | #1
I have been enjoying this game since it came out. I even have enjoyed the quirky game bugs at times. I think the concept of having companions is very good.

I tried PVE but found I drifted toward PVP because I really enjoy it. I have seen some apparent hacks but am not always certain. Game bugs I can handle, player hacks are unacceptable.

I saw the Void Star hack this week where a person hides and plants. I was on a BH so I could see them but not target. This is a year old hack I found out.

Please fix these hacks in PVP. It will ruin the game for me. I would prefer to play on a level playing field in PVP.

Haldeross's Avatar


Haldeross
01.01.2013 , 01:51 PM | #2
Unfortuneatly like you said, alot of these hacks have been out for a long time, BW seems not to care however

slowantics's Avatar


slowantics
01.01.2013 , 01:58 PM | #3
well they arnt going to ban ppl who are paying. they want their money
Signature: Coming Soon

tekhiun's Avatar


tekhiun
01.01.2013 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slowantics View Post
well they arnt going to ban ppl who are paying. they want their money
This, on my old server a guy was finally banned for using hacks after months of reports from both factions. All he got was 1 week suspension then he was back in the game.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
01.01.2013 , 03:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pmunro View Post
I have been enjoying this game since it came out. I even have enjoyed the quirky game bugs at times. I think the concept of having companions is very good.

I tried PVE but found I drifted toward PVP because I really enjoy it. I have seen some apparent hacks but am not always certain. Game bugs I can handle, player hacks are unacceptable.

I saw the Void Star hack this week where a person hides and plants. I was on a BH so I could see them but not target. This is a year old hack I found out.

Please fix these hacks in PVP. It will ruin the game for me. I would prefer to play on a level playing field in PVP.
It's not a hack. Chances that someone is exploiting the bug knowingly is fairly low. To get stuck inside the door one of your teammates have to use a knockback to knock the assumed exploiter into the door as far I know.

ventvisor's Avatar


ventvisor
01.01.2013 , 06:14 PM | #6
Has anyone else seen the "glitch" on Hypergate...where at game start a player is able to teleport directly to the node and cap, before you are able to get there. Even force speed wasn't enough to beat it out. I have seen this twice, just wondering if it's common or what...
Timber'wolve (Powertech) Ti'sra (Merc) Ot'sana (Operative) Iron'hyde (Sniper) Em'press (Jugg) Ad'eona (Mara) Na'kita (Sorc) Kim'ber (Assassin)
E'mily (Gunslinger) Sil'ver'ado (Commando)

anwg's Avatar


anwg
01.01.2013 , 06:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
Has anyone else seen the "glitch" on Hypergate...where at game start a player is able to teleport directly to the node and cap, before you are able to get there. Even force speed wasn't enough to beat it out. I have seen this twice, just wondering if it's common or what...
Probably guardian/jugg interceded out of the force field before the match starts.

X_Vindictuz_X's Avatar


X_Vindictuz_X
01.01.2013 , 07:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
Has anyone else seen the "glitch" on Hypergate...where at game start a player is able to teleport directly to the node and cap, before you are able to get there. Even force speed wasn't enough to beat it out. I have seen this twice, just wondering if it's common or what...
its not a bug, i have seen it aswell what happense is the player dies right before explosion his buddy rezs him and he takes it when the explosion is gone and caps

Denero's Avatar


Denero
02.07.2013 , 02:02 AM | #9
Its not a bug. I saw it to on numerous times on Tomb server, mainly against the REB side. A guy called GINGER release a piece of software that does all kinds of hacks and has been bragging about it since. He was banned for 1 week and now is totally arrogant about the fact that he gets away with it.

Kids like that are just talentless f&*ck's you cant get ahead in life without cheating. Bioware better wake up or it wont have many subs left as people are fed up of all the imbalance in pvp (guardians hitting full elite WH sniper in cover for 9k????), unsorted bugs from release and ****** hacks for cheaters.
Life is about being the best you can be, when you can be and where you can be!

lxynl's Avatar


lxynl
02.07.2013 , 03:38 AM | #10
The problem is BW/EA is intrested more in the money it can sqeezing out of players than they are in stopping hacks or fixing in game problems.

BW/EA is so short sighted, some adjustments to the game could make it so much better, and getting rid of those that hack, and preventing hacks should be a priority.

Hacks they use, and BW/EA's unwillingness to get them out of the game, effects rated wz's and will effect any rep of any type you earn. Look at it this way, we all know hacks are in the game and BW/EA isn't doing much about it, so high wz ratings were gained through good play or maybe hacks, same with any other rep you may ever earn.

Now im sure each of us that doesnt hack is saying, well I know I got there legit, but to those that don't know you, the taint of hacks is always on your rep achivements. Until I learned about macro goblin and other hacks being used by some that had very high rankings in rated wz's I never would have thought this, but now I know its a fact that some will use it to run up their rankings/rep.

BW/EA can put out new rep grinds or cartel buys, but are they worth the time?Certainly they are not worth any money when no one will know if you hack or got there legit.

just sayin