Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

seefouruno
02.06.2013 , 06:01 PM | #1
Many people obsess over the notion that healers must be stopped AT ALL COSTS RAMBO OMG!!!!!!!!
Well, that isn't always the case. If you,say, CC the healer after you DPS them to about 50%, why not kill their teammate that now isn't able to be healed and probably will not get heals as self-preservation instincts apply in video games as well! Chances are, the healer will heal themselves while their teammate dies. As a gunslinger, my priorities are:
1) Other Snipers/Gunslingers, sages, and operatives (healing versions)
2) Commando Healers, Maras, sents, assasins,PT
3)Bad DPS specs

4)DPS commando
CC priorities (above were kill priorities)
1) Healers, assassins, mara/sents
2) All other classes unless i am in immediate danger!
TL;DR: Use common sense to determine who should be the kill target, don't tunnel vision into a healer/other class
P.S Operatives will always stunlock you until you until you unsub, so make sure to use the endless cc chain ability that people on these forums always complain about
-seefouruno

johnyangelo
02.06.2013 , 06:04 PM | #2
Sometimes it's actually more important to put down DPS targets who are killing your healer first.

seefouruno
02.06.2013 , 06:06 PM | #3
Exactly, you sir have just unlocked the internet's greatest secret: the ability to read and comprehend the text!

Carter_Mathis
02.06.2013 , 06:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
Sometimes it's actually more important to put down DPS targets who are killing your healer first.
Wait.... protecting our healers is a good thing Especially when there isn't a good tank
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

mulzii
02.06.2013 , 06:50 PM | #5
sounds like a healer thats tired of being chased all the time...

Rincewend
02.06.2013 , 07:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by seefouruno View Post
Many people obsess over the notion that healers must be stopped AT ALL COSTS RAMBO OMG!!!!!!!!
Well, that isn't always the case. If you,say, CC the healer after you DPS them to about 50%, why not kill their teammate that now isn't able to be healed and probably will not get heals as self-preservation instincts apply in video games as well! Chances are, the healer will heal themselves while their teammate dies. As a gunslinger, my priorities are:
3)Bad DPS specs (Lightning Sorcs)

4)DPS commando
TL;DR: Use common sense to determine who should be the kill target, don't tunnel vision into a healer/other class
P.S Operatives will always stunlock you until you until you unsub, so make sure to use the endless cc chain ability that people on these forums always complain about
-seefouruno
Fixed that for you. No need to dance around it, I know I am a free kill.

Technohic
02.06.2013 , 09:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
Fixed that for you. No need to dance around it, I know I am a free kill.
Good call. Attack their lighting source and they wont be able to see.
Technohic : Sniper | Techno-Hic : Gunslinger | Cihonhcet : Scoundrel | Shing-Splat : Operative
Every other class - Technohic Legacy

Smashbrother
02.06.2013 , 09:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by seefouruno View Post
3)Bad DPS specs

4)DPS commando
-seefouruno
Because you're never going to be this coordinated in a normal WZ.

Sure you can try and CC healer when they hit 50% and swap to a dps, but your pug teammates will just break the CC and it will turn into all kinds of fail.

Also, a dps commando (especially gunnery) should be waaay higher on your priority list of dps targets to kill. They're easy as hell to kill and will drop quick, but they do really good dps when left alone (just as good as sniper's dps, but sniper is harder to kill).

Technohic
02.06.2013 , 09:10 PM | #9
CCing the healer works when the rest of your team is bad enough to ignore them being there. It happens. I will CC them, then help finish the tank, watching to make sure the healer doesn't break, ready with an interrupt or another CC depending on resolve.
Technohic : Sniper | Techno-Hic : Gunslinger | Cihonhcet : Scoundrel | Shing-Splat : Operative
Every other class - Technohic Legacy

Ravashakk
02.07.2013 , 01:02 AM | #10
Anyone that thinks there is a set priority list is only gimping themselves and their team.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.