Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
02.06.2013 , 02:51 AM | #11
i did the repair 3 times now still the same 2 files being repaired
game is still crashing

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.06.2013 , 03:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by angelserra View Post
i did the repair 3 times now still the same 2 files being repaired
game is still crashing
I saw they got you to run sfc/scannow and you said it found corrupted files, I normally suggest running chkdsk c: /f before running the sfc command.

So saying that can you run chkdsk c: /f and advise if it repairs errors as well. (run command prompt as administrator)

If you have more then one hard drive run this on each drive, so chkdsk d: /f if d is the next drive letter.

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
02.06.2013 , 04:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I saw they got you to run sfc/scannow and you said it found corrupted files, I normally suggest running chkdsk c: /f before running the sfc command.

So saying that can you run chkdsk c: /f and advise if it repairs errors as well. (run command prompt as administrator)

If you have more then one hard drive run this on each drive, so chkdsk d: /f if d is the next drive letter.
thanks for you help owen so far this is not working
previous to this latest major patch game ran well VERY well after coming back to the game after 5 months

i ran checkdisk and nothing found wrong
i am getting more drops than before ><
two errors on swtor repair that i have repaired 3 times now with the cog wheel on launcher and Repair feature of launcher

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.06.2013 , 04:31 AM | #14
Hmm you should not be repairing the same files over and over when you use the repair function.

Have you tried deleting the 2 files it keeps repairing and then run the setup from www.swtor.com/download and select restore.

Just to be sure it's not related with something else Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file as well before you run the setup file from swtor.

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
02.06.2013 , 07:49 PM | #15
problem is it does not show WHICH two files. its stopped saying that now and bioware said keep doing repair until it did that BUT its still dropping me in game. wonder if that is even a issue, i thought of deleting SWTOR and reinstalling to see if that helps

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.06.2013 , 07:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by angelserra View Post
problem is it does not show WHICH two files. its stopped saying that now and bioware said keep doing repair until it did that BUT its still dropping me in game. wonder if that is even a issue, i thought of deleting SWTOR and reinstalling to see if that helps
Heading out the door, when you now say dropping in game are you referring to disconnects or crashing ?
Just want to confirm this.

angelserra's Avatar


angelserra
02.10.2013 , 10:32 PM | #17
its swtor freezes up then drops me to desktop AND/OR swtor has stopped responding
I have updated everything including a suggestion i saw by bioware to lower my resolution
nothing has worked
id like Bioware to respond with something i can do for this is frustrating

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
02.11.2013 , 06:05 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
angelserra,

If Chkdsk did not find any errors the the following is most likely to resolve the problem:
Please complete these steps and post again with the details if the issue continues.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

warriorcat's Avatar


warriorcat
02.11.2013 , 06:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
angelserra,

If Chkdsk did not find any errors the the following is most likely to resolve the problem:
Please complete these steps and post again with the details if the issue continues.
make sure to do in this order, you will notice BW never ask people to uninstall unless you really have to, bad luck mate
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
02.11.2013 , 06:35 AM | #20
Will be interesting to see if this has an effect, i can understand the reasoning on the rare circumstances this may be a cause.

My recommendation is to do a clean boot prior to starting a defrag, less interruptions.