Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "Other" pay to win

DarkhorseForLife
02.06.2013 , 08:20 AM | #61
OP I actually agree with you, but ultimately we just need to hold out hope that the next raid zone and tier of gear will change this as BW has hinted.
Moxboss - Founder of <Memories of Xendor> on Prophecy of the Five
Moxboss, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

ZeroOneNine
02.06.2013 , 09:48 AM | #62
Want to know how to take advantage of the credits-based pay-to-win? Clear the new content when it comes out, acquire gear, reverse engineer all of it, then post the newly learned gear to the GTN for crazy amounts of credits.

mikebevo
02.06.2013 , 11:12 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroOneNine View Post
Want to know how to take advantage of the credits-based pay-to-win? Clear the new content when it comes out, acquire gear, reverse engineer all of it, then post the newly learned gear to the GTN for crazy amounts of credits.
The other advantage is buy mods and armor to replace the stuff that cannot be used. Got the belt the other night, couldn't use it until I replace both the armoring and the mod...Hell the bh had better stats. Thank the maker (bioware) for allowing crafting of gear or I would be running around with dreadguard gear in my inventory.

I do find it silly that you can RE stuff made by another crafter. However, I have no problem buying from crafters in my guild and other raiders. Especially since I got the gear, but it is just unusable with it current stats.

saatana
02.06.2013 , 06:38 PM | #64
Guess what, a little bird (who just happends to work in Bioware SWTOR department) told me that the next Ops armor sets canīt be crafted.

Isnīt it fun when you actually have to do Ops to get the Ops gear
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Khevar
02.06.2013 , 08:34 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by saatana View Post
guess what, a little bird (who just happends to work in bioware swtor department) told me that the next ops armor sets canīt be crafted.

Isnīt it fun when you actually have to do ops to get the ops gear
zing!

JoeeyyMagzz
02.06.2013 , 08:53 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by saatana View Post
Guess what, a little bird (who just happends to work in Bioware SWTOR department) told me that the next Ops armor sets canīt be crafted.

Isnīt it fun when you actually have to do Ops to get the Ops gear
That's when I start playing full time again =D. Can't wait! No more people trying to join the guild flaunting their full 63's only for us to find out that they obviously had all of it crafted when they are pulling 30% less damage on boss fights than the 3-4/5 63 guys...

Bleeters
02.06.2013 , 09:52 PM | #67
Heh..

You people speak as if Bioware has ever released an item set that wasn't terribly itemised, either pve or pvp, consequently requring players to grind out two to three times the number of items per slot just to correct their incompetence.

Kitru
02.06.2013 , 10:29 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
You people speak as if Bioware has ever released an item set that wasn't terribly itemised, either pve or pvp, consequently requring players to grind out two to three times the number of items per slot just to correct their incompetence.
The consistency of such behavior suggests either extreme competence (insofar as they don't want players to just get a piece of gear and have it be "teh bestest it can be!" right out of the box so they make it so that *nothing* is optimally itemized immediately) or extreme ignorance (i.e. they think they're making everything itemized perfectly right off the bat and just have no clue that, holy crap, Accuracy isn't useful for tanks *at all*). Which interpretation of the information you choose to follow depends upon your personal preference (and is probably a good Rorschach test for your overall opinion of Bioware as a whole).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Khevar
02.06.2013 , 10:52 PM | #69
^^^ I always assumed it was mostly by design (except for a few silly choices)

Keep the players active longer if it takes a while to get BiS.

AshlaBoga
02.06.2013 , 11:35 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Heh..

Yeah, if we can't RE mods it will take more than 8 weeks of full clears to get BiS. Let's face it, it will probably take 2 pieces of gear per slot to get BiS if BW does it their way. So that's 16 weeks of full clears to min-max. <sarcasm> Oh boy, what fun!</sarcasm>

Hopefully they're do the itemization better this time around.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption