Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUG requirements for raiding

Khevar
02.05.2013 , 06:36 PM | #31
I just fiddled with some AMR profiles, and a Commando in stock Columi without a stim has 1650 aim.

If you're trying to SM EC/SM TfB I would say that 1800 main stat is a fair thing to ask for. Those operations were tuned to Columi, but as a pug it is safer to bring a bit of extra gear to the table. Such a player (1800 main stat) is likely to be Columi with some Black Hole and some Rakata. They'll have some experience and are probably good enough to be an asset rather than a drag.

FlyinSpaghetti
02.05.2013 , 11:41 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
Hmm... like I said I have 2000+ on a rakata/BH juggernaut without being fully augmented (buffed of course) and I have been choosing marauder gear from the vendor to swap the modifications. So your telling me that I am an entire tier below you in gear and not fully augmented and have higher strength than you? What's your endurance at?
Like I said, I get rid of the main stat heavy "A" mods for pure power/crit, which on a sentinel is actually something like 0.18 strength vs 0.23 power to bonus damage because there's no 9% skill tree buff for all classes.

Here's my current gear give or take a few pieces, I'm currently making way for hazmat pieces so crit is lower then I would usually aim for:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-422322ef400f
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

steave
02.06.2013 , 05:30 AM | #33
This is my marauder alts gear right now, and I've also cleared every boss in the game (except EC NiM kephess) on my main. Do you think he's not geared enough for SM ops? How about after I get the 2 might hilt 27's I'm planning to get crafted for him, which would still put him under 1800 strength?

wetslampigduex
02.06.2013 , 09:39 AM | #34
1800 is most def not too much to ask for. My powertech in full campaign has 1940 aim as a tank. Dps gear is all DG and i have 2430 aim and 950 power.

For sm 1800 is more than enough. I have a sorc who hit 50 and i've played maybe 5 or 6 hours on since has 1900 willpower. I'd perfer to bring people who over gear for 2 reasons. 1 i dont care much for teaching pugs fights. 2 make the run as quick as possible.

steave
02.06.2013 , 10:11 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
1800 is most def not too much to ask for. My powertech in full campaign has 1940 aim as a tank. Dps gear is all DG and i have 2430 aim and 950 power.

For sm 1800 is more than enough. I have a sorc who hit 50 and i've played maybe 5 or 6 hours on since has 1900 willpower. I'd perfer to bring people who over gear for 2 reasons. 1 i dont care much for teaching pugs fights. 2 make the run as quick as possible.
You mention 1 class that has a 9% main stat boost and one that has a 6% one, both of which are probably using main stat augments instead of power. That's equivalent to 240-245 main stat from the augments alone after accounting for sorc buff and the talent.
My goal build for my marauder (optimized 61's, aka what I can get by mod swapping BH gear and crafting hilts anr armorings for belt+bracer) still only has 1880 strength when buffed.
Bonus damage/healing would be a better metric since it will take both main stat and power into account, but that doesn't tell the whole story either.

bbare
02.06.2013 , 10:19 AM | #36
I ran Nightmare EV with a sniper with only 1500 cunning. It is more about player skill than stats when it comes to PuG raids. As long as they have experience with the raid and at least have columi gear, they can hold their own in anything below HM Denova. Full Rakata back in the day is actually comparable to today's columi with augment slots, and most players have at least a black hole piece by the time they start their first raid.
The Vanity Legacy

TralyanSavo
02.06.2013 , 10:27 AM | #37
If its EV SM or an EC SM comms run, all I want to see is that you are in at least Tionese and level 50 gear. You get free Tionese and Recruit gear now so you might as well pick that up. I just dont want to see you with greens or level 40 gear or anything like that, whether its a HM, Lost Island or an Ops. Considering that this takes no effort on the players part, this is really all I care about and if the player hasn't gotten this stuff yet, its only helping them by making them get this stuff.

Honestly, when I was a fresh 50 and starting to raid, better geared 50s were helping to carry me so its no big deal to pay it forward.

Also, my guild is heavy in tanks and healers so we tend to just pug the DPS as needed and our core DPSers tend to be very good so its no big deal to carry someone a little. We're not really a hardcore raiding guild so its nice to leave a good impression on people that you're a friendly guild.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

mikebevo
02.06.2013 , 11:00 AM | #38
The OP is talking about SM EC and SM TfB, a raid leader plugging in a few PUGs has the right to ask whatever they want in the minimum they will require out of a pug to join their group. So 1800 mainstat isnít too much to ask if that is what the raid leader and his/her regular group members are comfortable with out of a PUG. That is not saying a skilled person could not do it with a lot less stats, that is not saying your build or gear is wrong, it is just saying that is what the raid leader and his/her group wants. I have seen guilds wanting full dreadguard to run HMEC, that isnít needed either, but I didnít insult them or throw a fit over it. As a matter of fact I did not want to run with them because I knew they just wanted a pug the fill a hole and did not want and had no intention of sharing in the gear. So even though I would have passed on gear anyways I was happy not to go. Raid leaderís job isnít to make PUGs happy or carry them through the operation, their job is to get a group together that has the best chance to clear the instance. Sometimes that even means leaving guildmates and friends out, so you can see why they are not overly worried about hurting a strangers feelings.

For some it would be really great is we had a report card attached to our toons, then we would not be sold short because we did not meet someoneís made up criteria for raids, but then for others that report card would be a death sentence. As it is now, all there is to judge pugs by is an artificial criteria that while important, does not say anything of skill and/or knowledge.

steave
02.06.2013 , 11:14 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
The OP is talking about SM EC and SM TfB, a raid leader plugging in a few PUGs has the right to ask whatever they want in the minimum they will require out of a pug to join their group. So 1800 mainstat isnít too much to ask if that is what the raid leader and his/her regular group members are comfortable with out of a PUG. That is not saying a skilled person could not do it with a lot less stats,
Stopped reading about there. The whole point of this thread is to ask if the requirement is reasonable, not to ask if they have the right to ask for it. Ofcourse the raid leader has final say on the requirements, but are they rasonable? That's what's being discussed here.

mikebevo
02.06.2013 , 11:17 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Stopped reading about there. The whole point of this thread is to ask if the requirement is reasonable, not to ask if they have the right to ask for it. Ofcourse the raid leader has final say on the requirements, but are they rasonable? That's what's being discussed here.
If that is what the raidleader and group is comfortable with, the yes it is reasonable. Asked and answered in my post above, but you stopped reading.

There is no right answer unless you know the players skill and usually if you know their skill they are not a pug, but someone you invited.