Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

Cashprizes
02.05.2013 , 09:23 PM | #1
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...lms_150115.asp

So me and a lot of other people were thinking that Kasdan was writing Episode VIII and Kinberg was writing IX, as they were announced as writers along side Arndt who is writing episode VII. THis is great news imo, more Star Wars movies, and the fact that Kinberg is not writing an actual "episode" of the main series. That guy has the worst resume ever, he has never written a good screenplay, just crap.

SO yeah, what movies do you think theyre gonna do?

1. Yoda movie, just cause its a major rumor atm. Could be awesome, could be meh.

2. "Seven Jedi", a spin on Seven Samurai. Buncha jedi team up to protect hapless villagers against marauders. The other majorly rumored one was. Sounds fantastic.

3. Boba Fett movie, was rumored very early on but havent heard much of it recently. Could be great.

4. Jabba the Hutt movie, this one popped up on my radar this week. I could see Jabba starring, but I just really want a movie that focuses on the underbelly of the SW universe, and doesnt deal too much with Jedi or imps or rebels.

5. Any wish list movies? I think a Rogue Squadron movie, or just somthing focusing on a squad of fighter pilots, would be epic. Maybe introduce the new fighters and a few characters in the new trilogy, and spin off from there. Or maybe mix that concept with an espionage angle.
Nobody knows anybody. Not that well... - Millers Crossing

nachoshark
02.05.2013 , 09:28 PM | #2
I'd want a Force Unleashed movie, or maybe the four old republic novels be turned into movies.
Server- Jedi Covenant - Bilzar- lvl 50 Sorcerer, Archannis- lvl 35 Sage,
Deforestar- lvl 20 Mercenary, Macklemorous- lvl 6 Warrior, Tranchlus- lvl 4 Knight,

Wolfninjajedi
02.05.2013 , 09:30 PM | #3
I still don't see stand alones doing well....I mean they could, but just seems weird really. Anyway my vote would have to be Shadows of the Empire.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel
02.05.2013 , 10:55 PM | #4
Edit: oh new info huh, nice.

Edit 2: oh, wait we do have a thread about this already... either way, if they make a yoda standalone movie I will be pissed. Of all the characters he is the one who *needs a story of his own the least.
"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideasóbut we can certainly kill you."

Mandalore the Destroyer

Newyankalt
02.05.2013 , 11:11 PM | #5
A movie based off the thrawn trilogy would be awesome but it's unlikely that' will happen. I'm down for a old republic movie as long as they don't change a lot of things that we allready have in the lore.

Rabenschwinge
02.06.2013 , 05:15 AM | #6
I doubt it will be about any character or story that has already been written, but rather something entirely new that fits the action in the new movies, rather than the existing extended universe.

Of the things listed a re-appearance of Boba Fet seems most unlikely. As far as the movies were concerned, Boba Fet fell into the Sarlacc and that's it. That he survived it and cut himself free out of the belly of the dragon is an EU thing, but I don't think that they really have to succumb to recycling already defeated villains to make up a good story - doing so is actually a pretty cheap trick of the trade.

The most likely thing is that a newly introduced character that only appears briefly in Star Wars 7. Like in the matrix video games that take place between Matrix 2 and 3, Ghost and Niobe were the protaginists.

As to what I wish for - that is hard to say. Not another adventure movie maybe. Something that toys with the concept of the Force and its implication, but maybe is rather a detective movie. Or a drama of a falling knight. Maybe something that is not so heavy with action.

Or it may be the story of a war ship or so (recently seen "Das Boot" and "The Caine Mutiny" again - I like those). Action, but darker and limited to a very confined space....

However, it should have a smaller scope, not this gigantic, galactic spanning plot, but, compared to the actual Star Movies present a "small picture".
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Warforever
02.06.2013 , 08:17 AM | #7
J.J. Abrams is directing the new Star Wars movie. From what I've read the new movie will not come from books. Also, they plan on make 2-3 Star Wars movie per year or every two years. They are going to make a Boba Fett movie. But that movie will be stand alone like wolverine origins was. Part of the X-men story but separate.

jarjarloves
02.06.2013 , 10:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Warforever View Post
J.J. Abrams is directing the new Star Wars movie. From what I've read the new movie will not come from books. Also, they plan on make 2-3 Star Wars movie per year or every two years. They are going to make a Boba Fett movie. But that movie will be stand alone like wolverine origins was. Part of the X-men story but separate.
they have not said anything abotu a Boba Fett movie

ZeroOneNine
02.06.2013 , 10:55 AM | #9
Star Wars Holiday Special 2: Jar-Jar Binks Saves Life-Day

turnoverla-page
02.06.2013 , 11:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nachoshark View Post
I'd want a Force Unleashed movie, or maybe the four old republic novels be turned into movies.
yeah i would like the to but the only problem is that there written in game balance so it could ruin the books
then again there are really only a couple of fights this will affect