Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1v1 ladder...


leijae's Avatar


leijae
02.05.2013 , 09:10 PM | #1
This is something I've been working on for a couple of hours now... but I had the idea for it a few nights ago when I was doing some 1v1's on the Halo 4 ladder. Although a pure ladder can't be possible (yet), because we can't do cross server duels, cross faction duels are possible. So, we can do leader boards for each server. And I'll be doing top 10 world wide based on win ratio in combination with most duels completed. (the exact math is a secret, unless you know math then you can figure out.

Here is a screenshot of my progress. I think that I can have it done by March 1st (I have a real life too!!!) I can have it done a little faster if I could find volunteers that know php and javascript. (ill do the html and css all on my own ;P)

*UPDATE* DROPPED EMPHASIS ON 1v1's
http://i45.tinypic.com/2uqdgmx.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/bddl1.png
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
02.05.2013 , 10:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
This is something I've been working on for a couple of hours now... but I had the idea for it a few nights ago when I was doing some 1v1's on the Halo 4 ladder. Although a pure ladder can't be possible (yet), because we can't do cross server duels, cross faction duels are possible. So, we can do leader boards for each server. And I'll be doing top 10 world wide based on win ratio in combination with most duels completed. (the exact math is a secret, unless you know math then you can figure out.

Here is a screenshot of my progress. I think that I can have it done by March 1st (I have a real life too!!!) I can have it done a little faster if I could find volunteers that know php and javascript. (ill do the html and css all on my own ;P)

http://imgur.com/23DUIKN
So we will know the best 10 hybrid shadows/sins in the world? Awesome.

1v1 is flawed in any mmo unless you are dueling a mirror. I would slaughter my marauder with my scoundrel. I would destroy my marauder with a sniper. I would beat the sniper with a scoundrel and I would beat all of the above as a hybrid sin/shadow.

Not saying you are stupidly overpowered or anything, just saying that a 1v1 ranking is pointless.

Now if you want to do the same thing with 3 v 3? That might be more interesting. Limit it to 1 tank (guard) and one healer. Could be fun.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

leijae's Avatar


leijae
02.05.2013 , 10:49 PM | #3
well like i said the 1v1 is a start... besides i bet there are some pretty crafty players out there who aren't shadows.
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
02.05.2013 , 10:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
well like i said the 1v1 is a start... besides i bet there are some pretty crafty players out there who aren't shadows.
I have beat my share of shadows as annihilation/watchman. Much harder to do now then it was before, but it is still possible. Can still do it on a scoundrel/op as well. If you make one mistake though, GG.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a cool idea. I just think it would be a lot more fun with 3 v 3.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Calitri's Avatar


Calitri
02.06.2013 , 12:58 AM | #5
I don't really see a point to a 1v1 rock beats scissors etc, however 4v4 on the other hand..... Might actually solve the PuG vs Pre made issue a lot seem to have an issue with. I know if i'm doing a group for PvP, i'd rather go 4v4. Than do a WZ and hope I can carry the other 4 to victory. Just sayin.

glocklB's Avatar


glocklB
02.06.2013 , 02:36 AM | #6
Sometimes after unlucky pugging i miss some 1v1 tool like wz queue in the game. Being tired of 1v4s i would like to queue for dueling if pugs currently suck and i want a competetive game.
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

cultivatedmass's Avatar


cultivatedmass
02.06.2013 , 03:11 AM | #7
1v1 ladder is fine when it's same class vs same class.

glocklB's Avatar


glocklB
02.06.2013 , 04:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cultivatedmass View Post
1v1 ladder is fine when it's same class vs same class.
It will be good for different classes unless it gives some reasonable prizes to leaders. Ladder would mean that you duel against players with equal ladder rating.
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

Baalzamon's Avatar


Baalzamon
02.06.2013 , 08:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
It will be good for different classes unless it gives some reasonable prizes to leaders. Ladder would mean that you duel against players with equal ladder rating.
That would be really fun but I dont see that happening.

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
02.06.2013 , 09:00 AM | #10
something like olympiads from lineage 2 (C4), 1vs1 duel, only class buffs, and the option to queue for only versus the same class.