Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 applied to Legacy's

SparkTangent
02.02.2013 , 12:36 AM | #1
Maybe I'm missing something, or late to the party and missed the explanation, but I just unlocked HK-51 to one of my characters, but then switched to another character on my Legacy, and he is nowhere to be found on the ship. Do I have to complete the quest line again to get HK on that character?

professernoob
02.02.2013 , 01:24 AM | #2
You can but you dont have to in order to get him a second time you can buy him through legacy but it costs 1000000 credits per character

Jagrattlehead
02.02.2013 , 01:27 AM | #3
Or with Cartel Coins.

professernoob
02.02.2013 , 01:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagrattlehead View Post
Or with Cartel Coins.
Well yes I suppose

Zohkar
02.02.2013 , 08:18 AM | #5
If given the choice of spending real money, or 1 million credits, I chose option 3, just went and re-quest it on the new character in about 3 hours, which was 2 Flashpoints and quick time searching the planets. Net gain, only spent 125k in-game money and kept my real money in the bank. Remember, each time you want HK-51 on a different character you have to choose 1 of 3 options, and for me 3 hours of in-game time was better.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Stebbinn
02.02.2013 , 08:39 AM | #6
You can open your legacy panel, choose character perks and unlock him there.
It costs 1.000.000 credits or 350 cartel coins for each character.
He will come with lvl 50 gear on, his gun won't work (does no damage) if ur below lvl 50 so if ur below 50 I recommend you replace it with a gun ur lvl along with replacing all his gear which will be usable at lvl 50 again.

Adric_the_Red
02.02.2013 , 02:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
If given the choice of spending real money, or 1 million credits, I chose option 3, just went and re-quest it on the new character in about 3 hours, which was 2 Flashpoints and quick time searching the planets. Net gain, only spent 125k in-game money and kept my real money in the bank. Remember, each time you want HK-51 on a different character you have to choose 1 of 3 options, and for me 3 hours of in-game time was better.
If you're a subscriber, you get more than enough "free" Cartel Coins every month to unlock HK-51, one of the more worthwhile things to use them for, it would seem.

SparkTangent
02.04.2013 , 09:20 PM | #8
Then perhaps I need to head over to customer support, because on one of the lower level characters I have, the Legacy slot for HK is already unlocked, but no droid to be found. Thanks for your input so far, everybody.

phalczen
02.04.2013 , 09:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SparkTangent View Post
Then perhaps I need to head over to customer support, because on one of the lower level characters I have, the Legacy slot for HK is already unlocked, but no droid to be found. Thanks for your input so far, everybody.
There are two different perks. One applies to granting you the ability to unlock hk-51 on all your characters -- you get that once you complete the series on any character. That's under "Other" under the legacy perks.
Then, under Character perks, under all the boxes that affect companion affection and junk selling, are two boxes, one for imperials and one for republic players, that allow you to unlock hk-51 for that character. Make sure you are checking under character perks.

HKtheindomitable
02.06.2013 , 12:34 AM | #10
Query: So then how do you get HK-51 for those low level characters?

Statement: I was under the impression that if you're subscribed, you get HK-51 for all new characters. I've seen some say that HK makes leveling easy. So they have him while leveling.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild