Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who would win a fight satele shan or darth malgus?

Rhudian
04.03.2012 , 01:53 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by vihkan View Post
satele wins! malgus would be distracted by her breasts
I disagree. Satele's power is not contained within a wonderbra, but instead is held beneath the supple leather of her trousers.

There is a moment of slo-mo in the middle of soloing a bunch of sith trash mobs in the "Hope" trailer that proves it--or at least the motion of the leather suggests that her... uh... command of the Force is impossibly well developed while retaining a soft touch; her technique is clearly quite malleable and yet surprisingly firm.

Pathlight-
04.03.2012 , 03:49 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhudian View Post
I disagree. Satele's power is not contained within a wonderbra, but instead is held beneath the supple leather of her trousers.

There is a moment of slo-mo in the middle of soloing a bunch of sith trash mobs in the "Hope" trailer that proves it--or at least the motion of the leather suggests that her... uh... command of the Force is impossibly well developed while retaining a soft touch; her technique is clearly quite malleable and yet surprisingly firm.

Yep, Satele beats us Sith on one front: she's incredibly hot.
Akavenn, infiltration shadow, Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ark'en'DoG'z

Sinemetu
04.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #73
Quote:
In their second fight, Malgus is still superior, but less so than before. t the time when the Trooper intervenes with the grenade, Malgus has the advantage but the fight is still in the balance. However, with the help of the Trooper, Shan eventually beats Malgus (it is difficult to argue that being buried under a pile of rocks is a win, even if you were ahead at the half-time break). Oh, and 1v2 or getting asssitance is not fair? A quote from Lord Zash during the Inquisitor storyline on Korriban... "Since when was being Sith anything to do with being fair?" - All is fair in Love, War and game trailers. Also, it is not over until the fat lady sings. The advantage that Malgus had at the time the Trooper intervened does not count as a victory because both combatants were still willing and able to fight.
I give this one as a points win to Shan.
The flaw in your argument is that we're not asking whose army will win. The implicit condition is that it's a "fair" fight, ie, one doesn't get to bring in extra resources other than their blade and abilities. If we saw this as a duel in-game between two players, no one would say "Satele won that 1v1 fight." They might say, though, that Malgus was just getting into position to finish Satele before a trooper stunned him and allowed Satele to get distance and chain several abilities together to finish it.

Again, talking in terms of players, if Satele started bragging about how she owned Malgus, most people would just ignore her because of the interference. Malgus would tell her that if she thought she could do it again without help, she's welcome to try. In time-honored MMO tradtion, Satele would say "lol I don't have to prove anything I already beat you scrub." I'm translating, but does anyone really doubt that Malgus would be eager and willing to have a rematch and Satele would avoid one like her life depended on it... because it does?

Quote:
Satele in her prime is shown taking out ships, learning Shatterpoint, annihilating enemy forces in seconds, and achieving oneness regularly, Malgus does not have such mastery over the force, he has mastery in lightsaber combat.
Malgus helps other people achieve "oneness with the force" all the time.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.

Pathlight-
04.03.2012 , 07:01 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinemetu View Post
The flaw in your argument is that we're not asking whose army will win. The implicit condition is that it's a "fair" fight, ie, one doesn't get to bring in extra resources other than their blade and abilities. If we saw this as a duel in-game between two players, no one would say "Satele won that 1v1 fight." They might say, though, that Malgus was just getting into position to finish Satele before a trooper stunned him and allowed Satele to get distance and chain several abilities together to finish it.

Again, talking in terms of players, if Satele started bragging about how she owned Malgus, most people would just ignore her because of the interference. Malgus would tell her that if she thought she could do it again without help, she's welcome to try. In time-honored MMO tradtion, Satele would say "lol I don't have to prove anything I already beat you scrub." I'm translating, but does anyone really doubt that Malgus would be eager and willing to have a rematch and Satele would avoid one like her life depended on it... because it does?

Malgus helps other people achieve "oneness with the force" all the time.
Lol, she does write in her journal that she's afraid to face him again. And also calls him a "clicker noob".
Akavenn, infiltration shadow, Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ark'en'DoG'z

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.04.2012 , 02:46 AM | #75
so far Malgus doesn't seem like the ****** the trailers made him out to be, always sending me to flashpoints and I ask "Aren't you coming" and he always has some lame excuse

ummmmm YOU FORGET YOUR PLACE!!!!

ummmm IT'S THE EMPEROR'S WILL!!!

Spoiler

not actual quotes, I can't remember what he really said when I asked why he isn't going to the Foundry, but that sums it up.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

wilebill
02.05.2013 , 08:19 PM | #76
okay satele shan would win in a land slide she is way more powerful in the force

VigDiath
02.05.2013 , 08:37 PM | #77
Grand Master Satele Shan would win against False Emperor Darth Malgus.

That's my vote. Why?

Well, no doubt both are seasoned fighters, but Satele is the smarter of the two fighters and knows that she cannot take Malgus lightly. Malgus however is overconfident after two confrontations with the Jedi Master and believes he will complete destroy her. One plays it safe, the other is too cocky.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

LastWizard
02.05.2013 , 08:47 PM | #78
Are you guys joking? She almost died twice. She got saved twice. Malgus would destroy her. It's a no brainer.

Surinen
02.05.2013 , 08:48 PM | #79
Darth Malgus, Satele Scum would die in a matter of seconds.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Aurbere
02.05.2013 , 08:57 PM | #80
Wow, this is an old thread.

I would have to go with Satele for this one. Both of them have grown in power and skill so much since their previous encounter that it is tough to call, but I think Satele's strength in The Force would overcome the sheer ferocity that Malgus is characterized by.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus