Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Relics for Running HM Ops and Above?

Count_Midnite
02.05.2013 , 09:13 AM | #1
I'm a Gunslinger who is looking for help on what relics to run for my character. I have 300 Daily Coms, and even 2000 RWZ Coms. My question is which Combo is best for damage-dealing? So far I'm using War Hero 110+ Power Relic and Elite WH 120+ Power Relic (Numbers might be wrong, but you get the idea)

Should I stack power? Matrix Cube? Or get the DG Relic that has the chance to deal internal damage? So far I'm asking around, but I seem to get different answers. I'd like more input from more *seasoned raiders* who knows what their DPS brings and what type of relics they use.

Thanks in advance

Hovergame
02.05.2013 , 09:30 AM | #2
Akopra is running with 2 PVE "300 dailies" relics : active 350 power and internal damage every 4.5s.
But I need to tell you this : the difference between the relics are lower than 1%. And usualy, even less, a lot less.

namesaretough
02.05.2013 , 09:53 AM | #3
"Best in slot" should be the internal damage relic, and the Dread Guard relic of Boundless Ages (power on use). If you aren't worried about a few dps more or less, it's more of a "Internal damage, Power on use, EWH power relic, pick 2" situation.
Smugglin

jasonthelamb
02.05.2013 , 01:29 PM | #4
Yeah I run with my Matrix Cube (will be ditching soon), and my DG 350 power.

Mavery
02.05.2013 , 03:05 PM | #5
As another poster has already said, BiS relics for -all- DPS classes are the dread guard on use power and proc relics.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

LastWizard
02.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #6
I can hit 2k on my sin using a power relic and the boundless ages relic. Is the proc relic worth it?

Athena-Nike
02.05.2013 , 06:42 PM | #7
My Slinger uses an augmented Dread Guard internal proc relic and an EWH relic for the huge power bonus. The activate power Dread Guard gives more overall dps if used properly, but I found running TfB and HM EC I have to move a lot so the passive power bonus from the EWH relic gives me more total damage output then the activate one

Khevar
02.05.2013 , 07:05 PM | #8
Personally I like the clicky power relic over the EHW static one, but that's mostly because I've gotten used to clicking it on CD or sometimes saving it for big damage phases (e.g. Kephess TfB)

Some of the others in my raid group hate the clicky relic as they keep forgetting to use it on CD. For them, the EWH power relic is better.

The proc damage relic is definitely worthwhile. I use the Kinetic Tempest one, but that's due to the armor penetration on my Commando.

Athena-Nike
02.05.2013 , 08:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Personally I like the clicky power relic over the EHW static one, but that's mostly because I've gotten used to clicking it on CD or sometimes saving it for big damage phases (e.g. Kephess TfB)

Some of the others in my raid group hate the clicky relic as they keep forgetting to use it on CD. For them, the EWH power relic is better.

The proc damage relic is definitely worthwhile. I use the Kinetic Tempest one, but that's due to the armor penetration on my Commando.
Ya as a slinger I hate trying to use the activate relic during boss fights like in TfB where I have to get up and move over and over (thus losing a lotta the activate phase bonuses)

bbare
02.06.2013 , 05:56 AM | #10
BiS for all DPS are the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages and:

Internal Proc Relic if you use tech damage.

Elemental Proc Relic if you use force damage.

Of course, the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages would diminish if you don't use it on CD, but if you aren't skilled enough to learn to use it on CD, you probably have bigger issues to tackle first. My suggestion would to bind your relic/adrenals and other buffs you use in burst phases (Explosive Fuel, vent heat, recklessness, etc...) to the 1, 2, 3, 4 keys so it is easy to pop them at once when they align. Its also nice to organize your burst CD's in one place, because they often don't share the same CD's

Quote:
Ya as a slinger I hate trying to use the activate relic during boss fights like in TfB where I have to get up and move over and over (thus losing a lotta the activate phase bonuses)
Advice: You don't have to use it immediately when it comes off cooldown. Use it in situations in which you will be able to be a turret. You can afford to keep it on CD for a few seconds while you have to move. It is rare that you will miss using the relic an additional time, because you waited a few seconds before using it. Being a great DPS is about knowing the rhythm of the fights and knowing when the best time to use your cooldowns.
The Vanity Legacy